View Poll Results: This character deserves the next spot in the Redesign Challange:

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evil Lyn

6 10.71%
  • Triclops

6 10.71%
  • Man-At-Arms

9 16.07%
  • Kay-La from He-Ro Son Of He-Man

16 28.57%
  • Beast Man

6 10.71%
  • Aramesh from 80's Filmation Show

13 23.21%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redesign #107: TUSKADOR!!!

Redesign #107: TUSKADOR!!!

WELCOME ONE & ALL TO THE 107TH REDESIGN CHALLENGE !

I am proud to host a design challenge for a character from the NEW ADVETURES universe who has so much potential to be a well known and admired concept:

TUSKADOR

Tuskador has always been an oddball character to me. It always seemed like there was a cool idea there, but just not executed very well...I guess we can thank the 90's for that. The colors are a great combination of yellow and Blue (characteristic of 90's fashion ideology) but those light blue tube...boots.

He's brawny, bulky, and built like a tank. Clean cut and higher intelligence than Ran Man, He's a force to be reckoned with and respected in battle.

Like Ram-Man he is a juggernaut type character for the forces of good...only with a pair of tusks to break open the path in front of him and a snout to spray down foes with the elemental force of water. Kind of like if Ram Man and Snout Spout decided to make a missing link between the two of them.

I see great potential for a new look for Tuskador. He deserves the attention this redesign challenge will bring to his existence as a MOTU character.

So, without any further ado, let redesign challenge #107 begin!!

*Collages created by PYRE

- You MUST make a unique change to the original appearance of the character in some way. This is a redesign challenge after all!

- All artists who choose to participate will have 1.5 months to come up with a redesign for this character.

-You can use ANY medium you wish! You can sketch, paint, make a 3-D model,
    render a sprite, create a custom action figure, whatever you want. Its entirely up to you!
    *Hero-machine entries are game!

-You don't have to force yourself to make your design conform to the new OR OLD cartoon & comic book's style.
    Be as drastic in your redesign as you see fit. Whatever makes you happy! All that is required is that you add something ALL-NEW to the character's appearance, however big or small.

-If you can't think of a new design, or just hate the idea of working on this character,
    you do not have to feel obligated to participate in this particular challenge.
    You will still be free to participate in any future challenges you wish.

THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS JANUARY 30TH!!!

GOOD LUCK!
    Last edited by Pyre; December 10, 2013 at 07:18pm.

Hey Folks,

I've been checking out these amazing works of art on here and thought I would finally throw in one of my own(Not that I'm saying mine are amazing).

It really bothered me that good ol Tuskie had these huge weights hanging off his chest and a pretty much useless trunk so I made the tusks into energy projections and took an inspiration from snout spout for the trunk.

Hope you all enjoy!

Edit: BTW feel free to recolor the B&W if you feel so inclined. I've seen some folks on here that are WAY more talented in that department than I am.

Tuskador C.jpgTuskador BW.jpg

Check out my DA gallery: http://isterold.deviantart.com/

OOOOO, I'm looking forward to this one ...Tuskador is my favorite NA character so I'm excited to see what people come up with!
    Last edited by wayne-klops; December 11, 2013 at 10:51am.
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    this one is going to be tough. but i think i am up for the challenge!

This should be interesting, can't wait to see what people come up with.

On a side note (and not trying to get too off topic) but I had the silly idea of doing a sister challenge. Done exactly the same way these ones are with people casting votes in a poll to choose a character and then everyone who takes part redesigns the character chosen, then there is a poll to determine the winner. The difference between this new challenge and the existing ones being that the characters being redesigned would be fan characters. Characters like Patreek's "Thug-Bug", Pyre's "Pyre", Doompuppet's "Attack-O-Lantern" or my creation "Wolfsfang" or... any other character created by any fan.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Ihvthpwr View Post
    Awesome first entry! Welcome to the Redesign Challenge Ihvthpwr

I love that you kept the original colors but made the tusks a transparent-blue. I never noticed how much those white tusks actually didn't fit color-wise with the gold and blue. Tuskador feels better assembled to me here.

I really like the Robotic discs on his knees and boots. Kind of reminds me of a Mega-man X Level boss...I'm a huge fan of those designs.

The other thing I noticed is that you made the helmet more of a Mammoth-skull shape. I did the same thing with my re-design, so obviously, I like that about your design too.

Good work! Who's Next!

Alright. If you've been to my Deviant art website in the past few weeks, you may have already seen this.

Here's my concept of Tuskador
    :

I went with an African-Nature look, thinking of Tuskador as being part of a tribe in an underdeveloped part of Primus or Eternia. I see him here as a general of an army of Desert-Tribe Warriors who fight with less technical weapons, but more heart and bravery. Being a nocturnal hunting people, their eyes glow red because of the sensitive way they capture light.
    In Joining He-man he would unite his people with the rest of the races of Primus/Eternia and battle with the Masters against the forces of evil.
    He doesn't spray water, but you can bet this beast spatters enough blood in battle to make up for the lack of liquid in his arsenal.

And just for those of you who can't do without his original colors, this is for you:

Last edited by Pyre; December 12, 2013 at 11:14pm.

Well I was originally not going to enter this challenge as I had recently got a new computer which meant I no longer had Photoshop (i do all my art on photoshop) and thought that sometime mid next year would be the next time I would be able to get it back. I was very happy when, sorting through my wardrobe, I found a pile of disks and one of them just happened to be Photoshop

That meant I could throw this little pic together

For my redesign I made him totally robotic (like Roboto) instead of being a man in a suit.

While most of his body is simply made from a very strong metal, his tusks are fashioned out of Corrodite (the same as He-Man's harness) and can open at the tips to fire blasts of energy. This energy (as well as the energy that powers him) comes from a chunk of Eternium inside his chest (where a heart would be).

Unlike the original version this redesign does not have a "trunk". Instead their is a slight hint of one which is the raised area on the front of his body, instead of an actual elephant / mammoth like trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
    Awesome first entry! Welcome to the Redesign Challenge Ihvthpwr

I love that you kept the original colors but made the tusks a transparent-blue. I never noticed how much those white tusks actually didn't fit color-wise with the gold and blue. Tuskador feels better assembled to me here.

I really like the Robotic discs on his knees and boots. Kind of reminds me of a Mega-man X Level boss...I'm a huge fan of those designs.

The other thing I noticed is that you made the helmet more of a Mammoth-skull shape. I did the same thing with my re-design, so obviously, I like that about your design too.

Good work! Who's Next!
    I really appreciate that coming from you. I really like your style and I was wonderring if anyone would notice the more mammoth like shape I gave his helmet.

Your's is pretty incredible too. I get a very "Preternia" feel from it, especially in the new colors you gave him. I also really like the way you incorporated the tusks into the arms and legs.

- You MUST make a unique change to the original appearance of the character in some way. This is a redesign challenge after all!

I started with a sketch but after reading that i won´t participate in this challenge. I like him the way he is and i only changed a few things, i will finish my picture with him but i won't be adding him here.

I´m going to vote of course once every one admitted their Tuskador redesign.

Have fun guys
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    Good job Wolfsfang.

I really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Well I was originally not going to enter this challenge as I had recently got a new computer which meant I no longer had Photoshop (i do all my art on photoshop) and thought that sometime mid next year would be the next time I would be able to get it back. I was very happy when, sorting through my wardrobe, I found a pile of disks and one of them just happened to be Photoshop

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...psefee5624.jpg

For my redesign I made him totally robotic (like Roboto) instead of being a man in a suit.

While most of his body is simply made from a very strong metal, his tusks are fashioned out of Corrodite (the same as He-Man's harness) and can open at the tips to fire blasts of energy. This energy (as well as the energy that powers him) comes from a chunk of Eternium inside his chest (where a heart would be).

Unlike the original version this redesign does not have a "trunk". Instead their is a slight hint of one which is the raised area on the front of his body, instead of an actual elephant / mammoth like trunk.

After a very long time Here's my take on him. He's one of the characters I really loved as a design from NA... Enjoy...

My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    thats my pick right there. something just speaks to me. great job Jaz.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I started with a sketch but after reading that i won´t participate in this challenge. I like him the way he is and i only changed a few things, i will finish my picture with him but i won't be adding him here.

I´m going to vote of course once every one admitted their Tuskador redesign.

Have fun guys
    Hey Niki...changes can be very minor brother. I encourage you to submit your piece here

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bad View Post
    After a very long time Here's my take on him. He's one of the characters I really loved as a design from NA... Enjoy...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ps1ac55180.jpg
    Wow 2-Bad! Awesome work! He reminds me of a street fighter character. I can see him blocking a hadoken with those tusks, and giving Zangief the fight of his life. If Mattel ever does a he-man fighting game, they need to get your concept ideology involved. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...psefee5624.jpg

Unlike the original version this redesign does not have a "trunk". Instead their is a slight hint of one which is the raised area on the front of his body, instead of an acal elephant / mammoth like trunk.
    Wolfster...just pure clean work brother. I'd love to know your secret behind improving your style so quickly. Ever since that Zelda looking She-Ra design, i have loved your concepts!

This one reminds me of a bulked up Metroid, and I have to say, as opposite as our ideas are, that is my favorite game for the old consoles so your piece realy resonates with me. The tusks opening up at the tips to shoot lazer-like water blasts is so Filmation, it kills me! LOVE IT BRO!

Wolfster...just pure clean work brother. I'd love to know your secret behind improving your style so quickly. Ever since that Zelda looking She-Ra design, i have loved your concepts!

This one reminds me of a bulked up Metroid, and I have to say, as opposite as our ideas are, that is my favorite game for the old consoles so your piece realy resonates with me. The tusks opening up at the tips to shoot lazer-like water blasts is so Filmation, it kills me! LOVE IT BRO!
    Ya he does look a bit Metroidish I guess. Now I never actually liked Metroid until Metroid Prime on the Gamecube, the original 2D sidescrolling ones just never really appealed to me, but the FPS ones were simply amazing.

As for the secret of my improving. Hmm not sure I have one, I think it is just due to doing all those Power Pal pictures and all the comic book pages I have colored so really it is just lots of practice. That and trying out new styles to see which one I think works best for me.

Co-Creator of the NV
    I've never even heard of Aramesh.

Tuskador really needs a re-design hand. I like the versions here: they have went far anought from the original. I just made a quickie and then realized that I don't know enathing about this clactic protector. And he looks still too much Snout Spout. But what if Tuskador would be like Snout Spout after Man-At-Arms and Gwildor have tried to turn him human again, but failed? I think this version will be updated, but here comes first version.

[IMG][/IMG]

Wolfsfang's version reminds about Transformers Pretenders. Soon that robot will crack open and reveal robot inside...
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

Movie mayhem!
    Oooo this will be a fun one and already some great entries!!

Interesting idea wolf. Could be fun as long as the creaters of the characters are ok with it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Oooo this will be a fun one and already some great entries!!

Interesting idea wolf. Could be fun as long as the creaters of the characters are ok with it.
    Ya my "Fan Character Redesign Challenge" idea would depend on the creators blessing, well those that are still on the org to give their blessing.

New version explains more Tuskador. Feel sorry for poor Jaxton, trapped inside head of matellic elephant. So my Tuskador is Snout Spout after Masters have removed that metallic head. However his nose is so deeply operated, that even the best meditek has not helped.
    [IMG][/IMG]

PS: Pyre: definetely new colors for me. That mammoth-hulk is my favorite so far.
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

These are all looking great so far specifically Pyre's, Ihvthpwr's, 2-bad's & Monikasvo's I especially like the Monikasvo's Jaxton story.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

I'm really digging the backstory here. How do you envision he got from Eternia/Etheria to Primus?

Seeing as I don't see (and don't remember ever seeing) anything in the rule that strictly prohibits more than one entry per person...I decided to do another version of Ole Tusky

I have to say I think he fits right in with He-Man and the other Masters