Thread: MOTU Fan Film Proposal based in Austin, TX

Heroic Eternian Actor Master_Of_Metropolis's Avatar

MOTU Fan Film Proposal based in Austin, TX

Hi everyone--

So I am working on the "pre-production" stage of a MOTU fan-film I am going to make. I am nearly done with the first draft of the script and have some of my fellow theatre friends who are also on board.

I wanted to post this thread and basically take a pulse of anyone here locally (in Austin TX) who would like to be involved, or anyone else not local who might help in special effects, music, and etc.

The premise of the film, will NOT concentrate on He-Man, although he may make an appearance, if I can find the right actor. I don't want to give too much away, but the story will focus on a minor character that will be revealed in time. I will be designing and building all costumes--again, hoping to find some eager souls to help out--and most costuming will be based on the medieval style that MOTU is somewhat based.

This will be semi-professionally shot and edited. It will be posted for the public when done and all involved will get a DVD copy.

This will be purely a fun (labor of love) project and I really hope to have my fellow 'orgers involved.

Shoot me a PM or reply to this post if interested.

More info is to come!!

Cheers!!

John

Heroic Warrior
    Sounds fun, which of my meager talents do you want?

Heroic Eternian Actor Master_Of_Metropolis's Avatar
    Thanks for the offer to help! PM sent.

I know there is a small army of people out there with some awesome talents. I would love to have you all involved.

I will try to post some concept pictures in the next couple of weeks!

Hi all! The script is basically finished and we are going into preproduction for storyboard, special effects, casting and costumes.

If the mods could either (a) change the title of this thread to MOTU Fanfim: The Wizard of Stone Mountain or (b) close this thread and advise me to open a new one that will give you all updates as we get to them. I plan on showing concept art, pictures, and other fun info as we create this film!
    Last edited by Eamon; May 17, 2010 at 06:55pm. Reason: Back to back!

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Sounds like an ambitious project1 Looking forward to seeing the results!

Unfortunately, I'm on the other side of the world, so I won't be able to help out with anything. XD
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!