Thread: Tytus, Battle Cat, etc: "Oversized" price-value relationship

Tytus, Battle Cat, etc: "Oversized" price-value relationship

hi all,

i am a HUGE fan of price-value relationship. i used to believe that $20 was too high for the average MOTUC figure, specially when adding Shipping and tax.

now, with the 5 minute sellouts and having bought at least 6 figures from the secondary market, i feel i'm actually getting a DEAL when i'm able to buy them at official $20 price.

now, with Larger figures such as Battle Cat, and Tytus... do you think we're getting fair value for our money?

Battle Cat for $30 seemed fairly priced, and for me he would have been even BETTER value than a $20 figure had i been able to get him at cost... but i'm not sure about Tytus yet... i want him, but:

* he's less articulated than Battle Cat
    * he's rotocasted, which i think also means lesser-quality plastic
    * overall he seems like a lesser "figure" next to Battle Cat, and even in terms of character design, IMO
    * he's 10 dollars more than BC
    * plus he'll probably cost more to ship, then?

so at $40 each Tytus, PLUS tax, PLUS shipping, do you think you're getting a fair deal?

what do you think shipping costs will be for Tytus? is he in fact larger / heavier than Battle Cat?

and what can we expect in terms of Price-Value relationship for other upcoming and/or possible larger figures?

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

I either paid $19.99-29.99 for each of my 200x Rotocast figures and they were not nearly as cool as Tytus.

Given that MOTUC is a online only premium line and I pay $20 for a reg small figure I do not have an issue with paying $40.

Shipping costs should be $12-16 for the standard order

I do not factor shipping into my total price because when you order online you have to expect to pay, I cannot say for instance Tytus should be $20-30 because shipping is ~$20 when I know the only way to buy him is online so s/h is the same as paying sales tax in a store
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I doubt he's as heavy as Gygor will be. Gygor looks like he's as wide as Tytus is anyway, with more articulation to boot. Does make you wonder a little. It might be worth it for someone to custom cast him in different materials. He also needs a custom Grayskull brick or two to throw around/stack.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.