Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NYCC Vote: Choose an NA character (Darius VS Mara VS Tuskador)

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar

NYCC Vote: Choose an NA character (Darius VS Mara VS Tuskador)

While greeting Power-Con attendees this weekend at Mattel's Power-Con booth, Scott announced a new vote will take place to determine which of three New Adventures Characters will be included in the Classics line! Two will be named early on with the third character to be revealed at a later date.

I'm personally hoping for He-Slave.
    Last edited by AdultCollector; September 16, 2013 at 02:41pm.

Now i´m little confused:

We get to vote for a NA character to be included in the MOTUC line. So to speak there is a NA spot but they haven´t decided to whom it will go.

They will give us three choices but they don´t reveal all three choices at the same time. The third choice is revealed later on.

Do i understand that correctly?
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'll bet that it will be out of Sagitar, Tuskador or Crita.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

NA Skelly and Flogg are definites. So... Sagitar or Tuskador.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    While greeting Power-Con attendees this weekend at Mattel's Power-Con booth, Scott announced a new vote will take place at an upcoming show to determine which of three New Adventures Characters will be included in the Classics line!
    What does it mean "at an upcoming show"? Does it mean at NYCC? So it will not be the fans nor the sub holders that will get to vote, but the show attendees, like they did with the choice between Huntara and Lord Masque. So it seems Mattel hasn't learned anything from that previous experience and all the fan frustration it generated, and insists on rewarding casual passers-by while flipping the bird at their loyal paying customers, who are the ones who will actually be buying the chosen figure.

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    I'm personally hoping for He-Slave.
    I can think of like a dozen more important NA characters to get to before He-Slave.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    lol I hope not!

I hope its something like...

Lizzor
    Nocturna
    Vizar
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

I can see that for sure as a vote between popular, but highly tooled characters.

The other alternative I can imagine is that they will find the resources for those, but will only have one slot for the mid-level popular characters (kind of like Huntara/Masque). So something like

Spinwit / Artilla / Butthead

EDIT: FWIW, Spinwit almost never gets brought up in the NA discussions, but I think 4H could knock him out of the park.

I really hate that NA always gets shafted when it comes to the classics line. You might not like the cartoon, but a lot of the character designs are far superior to other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post

I hope its something like...

Lizzor
    Nocturna
    Vizar
    I hope its a listing like this, than more heavy hitters like Sagitar and Tuskador.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    I have mixed feelings about this, i love NA and want more figures from this line but if i'll have to choose between NA Skeletor or Tuskador (one small example) that will be a problem

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    That would be EVIL! lol Crita and Mara are definite must-haves in this line. I hope it's a choice out of less obvious characters, because really, when it comes to NA (outside Mara, Crita, NA Skeletor)...I don't blame Mattel for not knowing what the NA fans want. The average MOTUC collector seems to be unhappy with Hydron (which is crazy!), so giving everyone a chance to vote on one of the NA released, I think, is a very good idea.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Surely it should be the sub holders who get to decide rather than a handful of fans at a show?

Things like this should be a benefit of supporting the line and committing to it for a full year.

Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    Surely it should be the sub holders who get to decide rather than a handful of fans at a show?

Things like this should be a benefit of supporting the line and committing to it for a full year.
    I wholeheartedly agree. People voting at the show might not even be buying MOTUC figures.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I don't get it: is it ONLY one NA spot for the rest of the 2014/2015 roadmap???

I hope that Flogg and NA Skeletor are already planned and that we are talking about one extra spot, not the only remaining NA spot!

To me the NA essential core characters we need are:

- NA Skeletor (we need this variant to match the NA He-man figure)
    - Flogg (leader of the mutants faction)
    - Darius (was meant to be the leader of the Galactic guardians, plus he had a prototype and appeared in several medias as an important character)
    - Mara (the equivalent to Teela for NA)
    - Crita (the equivalent to Evil Lyn)
    - Sebrian (would not necessarily make a good figure but he was a prominent figure in the NA cartoon)

There are other characters that would make great figures in MOTUC (like Sagitar, Stagorn...) but on the whole all those secondary characters don't seem as essential to the MOTU mythos as the six guys I've mentioned... What do you think?
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    Nah, I'm pretty sure Scott said the road map includes the most popular NA characters (i.e. Flogg), although on Roast Gooble he did seem iffy about Sagitar because of the tooling involved.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I'm going to guess that the spot people will be voting on will be a regular monthly spot that has been left open for an N.A. Character. Thus Sagitar wouldn't be in the vote since its already been said that he requires a beast slot.
    TOP 44 WANTS
    MOTU:TungLashor/Gwildor/Dragstor/Saurod/Ninjor/Multibot
    POP:Angella/Mermista/Peekablue/Perfuma/Spinerella
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/OOLarr/Dare

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

I hope that Flogg and NA Skeletor are already planned and that we are talking about one extra spot, not the only remaining NA spot!

- Darius (was meant to be the leader of the Galactic guardians, plus he had a prototype and appeared in several medias as an important character)
    - Sebrian (would not necessarily make a good figure but he was a prominent figure in the NA cartoon)

There are other characters that would make great figures in MOTUC (like Sagitar, Stagorn...) but on the whole all those secondary characters don't seem as essential to the MOTU mythos as the six guys I've mentioned... What do you think?
    Sagitar was consistently one of the main Galactic Protectors with He-Man, Hydron and Flipshot in Jetlag.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

You ask me the entirety of 2014/15 should have been built off of the boards 'Must Lists'!

Anyway, for this one I'd have to go with:

Tuskador
    Sagitar
    Butt-Head (or as he's lovingly called on the 'toon- BH)

I've not included the 'gimme' A-list slots- like Flogg and NA Skeletor- because if they aren't already on the list and therefore removed from any need to vote than I worry about this so-called new and improved roadmap Scott is touting.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Sagitar is the figure I want most aside from Brakk/ Flogg
    He's just too badass! And now that Extendar is pretty much confirmed, Sagitar (and Tung Lashor) is my most wanted figure in MOTUC!
    I'd be so ****** off if we'd get to choose between Sagitar, Crita and Mara. Because based on the outcry for the two female characters, I'm sure Sagitar wouldn't be made.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

This poll should be for subscribers not for attendees at a show and ALL the options should be revealed AT THE SAME TIME... Anything else might lead towards accusations of sketchy or skewed polls.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Personally I'm hoping for Darius, but no matter who wins the vote, he/she deserves it.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Sagitar was consistently one of the main Galactic Protectors with He-Man, Hydron and Flipshot in Jetlag.
    Agreed. As the show progressed,the nine protectors definitely sorted into three categories.

Almost every episode: Hydron, Flipshot, Sagitar
    Showed up with regular frequency: Artilla, Tuskador, Spinwit
    Almost never showed up: Vizar, Nocturna, Kayo

I think one of the reasons NA had trouble catching on was that the cartoon went for a long time with only those first three characters. The others would show up occasionally, but were sometimes not named or have any dialog. In fact, somewhere early in the show Spinwit is mentioned as being taken captive and I remember thinking.. "Who is Spinwit?" I went back and watched and realized that he was never mentioned by name before this. Up until that point he was "blue guy with orange arms". They seemed to rely on you knowing from the toys.

The episode "The Galactic Proctectors" was great, but frustrating. It was a chance to really get to meet Spinwit, Artilla and Tuskador and learn a little bit about what their deal was. This was episode 31 of 65. So we were halfway through the series before any attention was really paid to them and even then, Kayo, Nocturna and Vizar weren't even in the episode specifically designed to introduce the Guardians. Kayo had a brief bit of spotlight at the tail end of the series. Nocturna did a couple of things and poor Vizar had one line in the last episode and (sorry I'm not going to look it up), the line was something like "Look Out" or something equally non-memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    This poll should be for subscribers not for attendees at a show and ALL the options should be revealed AT THE SAME TIME... Anything else might lead towards accusations of sketchy or skewed polls.
    Yeah I'm not sure why you would announce the candidates at different times. That part seems weird.
    TOP 44 WANTS
    MOTU:TungLashor/Gwildor/Dragstor/Saurod/Ninjor/Multibot
    POP:Angella/Mermista/Peekablue/Perfuma/Spinerella
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/OOLarr/Dare

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    I understand that everyone has their favorite figures, but I don't get saying that Darius deserves a figure more than any of the others. Don't get me wrong, I want ALL the NA characters, but I believe that the classic figures and major jetlag characters should come before prototype characters. Even Kayo was in the mini comics and cartoon.

I've said this before, but Mattel never misses the chance to insult NA. We were promised at the beginning of MOTUC that ALL of the figures would be made, and the line is going to end with only a handful of characters made.

Heroic Warrior

I very much agree with Your breakdown. THESE are the New Adventures figures that are Non-Optional for MoTUC (I'd give Master Sebrian a "Meh!", but he WAS kind of important). However, all six of these characters coming in the next two years seems wildly unlikely, given that we haven't gotten six N.A.s in the past five! :^D

It's true that Sagitar was a pretty high-profile character on the show, but pretty much ANY other Galactic Guardian was a non-entity. The rest of the "lesser" Mutants had it a little better, but not by much. I would appreciate a figure of Kayo, for instance (he's Optikk's opposite number!), but while I vaguely recall him BEING on the show, I could not say I remember even one pertinent thing he ever did or said.

This vote will be interesting, but given the choice between such characters as Lizorr, Nocturna, and Quakke, I would be at a loss who I personally would choose. I have the figures, and they generally look great/have a cool/interesting gimmick, but the characters really don't do much for me.
    Last edited by Snake_Man; September 16, 2013 at 12:12pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    I can see that for sure as a vote between popular, but highly tooled characters.

The other alternative I can imagine is that they will find the resources for those, but will only have one slot for the mid-level popular characters (kind of like Huntara/Masque). So something like

Spinwit / Artilla / Butthead

EDIT: FWIW, Spinwit almost never gets brought up in the NA discussions, but I think 4H could knock him out of the park.
    Spinwit could re-use quite a bit of Man-E-Faces tooling! He is actually one of the easy ones!