Thread: MotUC Lord Dactys figure discussion

Hybrid View

MotUC Lord Dactys figure discussion

We are almost complete with the core Royal Family. All we need now is Marlena and that would be complete. The next subgroup I'm looking forward to is the Eternian Council.

Well, I would like to get the Eternian council sooner rather than later, so let me start with Lord Dactys - would you want him to be included in MotUC, would you buy him, and if yes to both questions, when do you want him to be released? 2011? 2016? Somewhere in between?

Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

i will take one do not care where he finds himself a home i will be buying everyone till the end of the line

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    I would love a figure of Dactys, but I think he is a lot less likely than Carnivus or Evil Seed from the 200x cartoon as he would require a lot of new tooling. HOpefully, I am wrong.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

I'm looking forward to Lord Dactys more than any other 200X character. I hope to see him sooner rather than later.

Heroic Warrior
    I think it is a good Idea I have a feeling we will see more 200x Next year.

I'd love to get this guy sooner than later!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    I would love a figure of Dactys, but I think he is a lot less likely than Carnivus or Evil Seed from the 200x cartoon as he would require a lot of new tooling. HOpefully, I am wrong.
    Yeah, you are....because Whiplash is being made; and with the exception of the wings and the head, I think it's essentially the same figure.

I think they will get to Lord Dactys, and it's why they're doing Whiplash now.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

I want him!!! He's one of the coolest characters from that series and think it would be awesome to have him, and the sooner the better!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Too bad he didn't come in quarter 2 of 2012.

Hopefully he will finally be released this year.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Lord Dactys would be amazing and i can see the Draego-Man wings for him. Maybe they will use the furry buck for him?

His feet are tricky but hasnīt Batros gotten his FILMATION feet maybe the could use those again?
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

This guy is gona make a pretty awesome toy, but I'm lamenting the fact that he's a royal figure. Not that it matters much - I mean I could use him however I like. One way or another I have a feeling he'll be visually striking.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Lord Dactys would be amazing and i can see the Draego-Man wings for him. Maybe they will use the furry buck for him?

His feet are tricky but hasnīt Batros gotten his FILMATION feet maybe the could use those again?
    I think Lord Dactys will be released soon, precisely because Mattel will want to reuse the expensive Draego-Man wings tools as much as possible and Lord Dactys is the likeliest candidate for that reuse after Granamyr.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Lord Dactys' bio is up on the Fwoosh.

I think Ceratus is pointless - he's basically Whiplash with a slightly different head. He'd be a total waste of a precious slot when there still so many unique characters to be made.
    Unless he's made to look differently, in a style that may match the 200X Whiplash head more, thus maybe selling extras?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Sorry but that's not an option (for me).
    Ceratus has spikes on his body. Whiplash once had those too until they were forcefuly removed when he was banished.
    Furthermore the 4HM would do a lot to differentiate Ceratus from his brother. So I don't see it as a waste of a slot AT ALL.
    Agreed. Why is it when fans hear of a "like" character being made, their minds automatically go into "lazy b" custom mode? No one ever said "Just take Battle Cat's armor off- we don't need Cringer" or "Just paint a He-Man blue yourself- don't waste a slot!". For Ceratus, why not imagine a perfect 8" Classicized version with a new armor, shorts, feet, spikes, and tail? We're gonna have to move this conversation to the Ceratus thread soon.

Speaking of 8" Ceratus, any word that Dactys is taller due to his segmented legs? He's gotta be hopefully...

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    It would kind of bother me to have a Calligar that didn't look like whiplash ....you have ceratus who has higher detail and then there's whiplash who is a classicized version...doesn't mesh well in my mind.
    I do feel you on this one. But it is what it is. Ceratus is "MYP hype" and Whiplash is classical. I'm sure a lot of people would do as aforementioned and put Whip's widely unused 200X head on a spare Ceratus body to make them match more.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I don't understand why anyone things he's more detailed than, say, MOTUC Modulok or Two-Bad. Or any other number of figures. His armor design has a more modern look, yes, but that's the source material. I think people are confusing detail and style. Would a vintage Dactus be styled differently? Sure! But he wasn't designed back then. The level of detail is totally in line with MOTUC. Not MOTU. There's a difference.
    He seems more "detailed" due to his multi-layered armor, segmented legs, and all the portrusions and other bits coming off him. Having all these parts come out with the quality we've come to expect must be no easy task for the design department, or be too cheap in the tooling mechanics department. Mantenna is a good comparison, but tooling cost are of lesser concern for him, he being a vintage character that everyone is required to love.

I think...

Its a matter of him not looking "organic" to people. He is simply to angular and it is anime in style.

But...I think he looks great since he IS a palace gargoyle that has come to life because Orko cast a jacked up spell...the angular look works because he is stone and not a bat!

Gargoyle, baby....gargoyle!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Agreed. Why is it when fans hear of a "like" character being made, their minds automatically go into "lazy b" custom mode? No one ever said "Just take Battle Cat's armor off- we don't need Cringer" or "Just paint a He-Man blue yourself- don't waste a slot!". For Ceratus, why not imagine a perfect 8" Classicized version with a new armor, shorts, feet, spikes, and tail? We're gonna have to move this conversation to the Ceratus thread soon.

Speaking of 8" Ceratus, any word that Dactys is taller due to his segmented legs? He's gotta be hopefully...
    It's nice to see there are people who want an official Ceratus figure aswell
    And yes, Dactys' increased height was mentioned by Toyguru in Dan's walklthrough

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    I think...

Its a matter of him not looking "organic" to people. He is simply to angular and it is anime in style.

But...I think he looks great since he IS a palace gargoyle that has come to life because Orko cast a jacked up spell...the angular look works because he is stone and not a bat!

Gargoyle, baby....gargoyle!
    His design definately screams gargoyle. Still mine won't turn to stone.
    He didn't in MYP either
    Last edited by Dragonblaster; July 22, 2013 at 12:05am.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Im sure this figure will be loved by just about every motu fan.
    think those with subs will hold on to him.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

yeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss
    at least one 200x with the 200x style!!
    just look that legs!!
    It's a bat, This is bio-evolution-credible

I have no more 5 years as in 1985

THIS IS IN PERFECT SIZE WITH MY 200X DIORAMA -becouse it is not a human figure-

LONG LIFE TO 200X STYLE AND CHARACTERS!
    Check out marktron's MOTU CUTSOMS photos and profile! http://fearlessphotog.deviantart.com/

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    Why would Clawful need reptile eyes? He's not a reptile at all. Makes no sense