Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MotUC Lord Dactys figure discussion

MotUC Lord Dactys figure discussion

We are almost complete with the core Royal Family. All we need now is Marlena and that would be complete. The next subgroup I'm looking forward to is the Eternian Council.

Well, I would like to get the Eternian council sooner rather than later, so let me start with Lord Dactys - would you want him to be included in MotUC, would you buy him, and if yes to both questions, when do you want him to be released? 2011? 2016? Somewhere in between?

Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

i will take one do not care where he finds himself a home i will be buying everyone till the end of the line

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    I would love a figure of Dactys, but I think he is a lot less likely than Carnivus or Evil Seed from the 200x cartoon as he would require a lot of new tooling. HOpefully, I am wrong.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

I'm looking forward to Lord Dactys more than any other 200X character. I hope to see him sooner rather than later.

Heroic Warrior
    I think it is a good Idea I have a feeling we will see more 200x Next year.

I'd love to get this guy sooner than later!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    hell yes! i would like to own all the Eternian Council members. i do hope they make them all. Lord Dactys is very cool but i think they should release some of the others first so he would be more anticipated.

Batros first ... please!

Not too much new toolng:

Skeletor arms, shins, feet
    Whiplash/Buzzoff torso (for the wing attachments)
    He-Ro Waist
    Trap-Jaw thighs (for the armor, else regular ones)
    Possible Triklops armor

New head, wings, maybe sword

Heroic Warrior
    Lord Dactys would be welcome ! I hope he'll be released after Chief Carnivus. Sometime in 2011 or 2012. I would definitely buy him !

As for Batros, he's a Filmation character, and so he's off-limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Batros first ... please!
    Yes....and Fang man!

Didn't Lord Dactys say something about having a wayward son? I'm pretty sure this was alluding to Batros- has anything ever been confirmed?

I'd love a Dactys figure. And because of the bat-connections I wonder whether they'd link something in his bio to the Horde. Not in terms of affiliation, but I think some sort of tenuous connection would be interesting...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

We watched "Underworld" this afternoon!

As we did, I was thinking that, as Mattel has stated these charcaters will be handled as though they had figures in the eighties, Dactys could have the same legs as a MOTUC Buzz-Off, as his MYP legs are similar to the MYP/200X Buzz-Off's. It's sort of backwards thinking, but I think it could work...Or not. I'm tired, and I have Jury Duty tomorrow. (Ugh!)

In any event, I would love to see Dactys and the entire Eternian Council in MOTUC (especially Queen Andreenos!).
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Yeah, Dactys would be awesome (as would the entire council). Hopefully the army-builder 2-packs do really well so we can see some cool off-shoots, like Caligars and Spileeans(sp?).
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    Dactys would totally be welcome. I'd love to see members from another "good" faction. If the Horde, Snakemen and Skeletors minions ever got their ***** together they would easily take out the Masters. The good guys could do with some support! Plus I love winged figures and he looks RAD!
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Quote Originally Posted by hawggie View Post
    Not too much new toolng:

Skeletor arms, shins, feet
    Whiplash/Buzzoff torso (for the wing attachments)
    He-Ro Waist
    Trap-Jaw thighs (for the armor, else regular ones)
    Possible Triklops armor

New head, wings, maybe sword
    I disagree. Re-using parts should not be a case of "that's close enough". None of the parts you mentioned would suit Dactus.

I see a lot of new parts here, definitely. I understand they'll "classics-ize" him, much like Zodak, but looking at what's been released so far, it's hard to think of what could be reused really. Perhaps He-Ro's waist/forearms? MAYBE Trap-Jaw's/Optikk's thighs, with spikes added (if that's not too hyper-anime-stylized). I don't see Tri-Klops's armor, though. I agree w/ He-Boy...A LOT of new tooling here.
    Last edited by sephron13; May 3, 2010 at 05:24am.
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

A large number of parts could also be shared with Buzz-Off and Whiplash. The wings will probably be a challenge to reuse since they are so unique, but these can also be used for the army builder packs.
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

I want a Lord Dactys figure.
    Don't know which parts they'd use but I'd like a new sculpted sword. The one he handed to Randor in "Underworld" would be just right.
    I want my other half.

Quote Originally Posted by sephron13 View Post
    I see a lot of new parts here, definitely. I understand they'll "classics-ize" him, much like Zodak, but looking at what's been released so far, it's hard to think of what could be reused really. Perhaps He-Ro's waist/forearms? MAYBE Trap-Jaw's/Optikk's thighs, with spikes added (if that's not too hyper-anime-stylized). I don't see Tri-Klops's armor, though. I agree w/ He-Boy...A LOT of new tooling here.
    You're using a fan-made picture instead of the screen grab that was posted earlier. That pic looks quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    I disagree. Re-using parts should not be a case of "that's close enough". None of the parts you mentioned would suit Dactus.
    You're not thinking like Mattel, and the vision of this line "as if he were made in the '80s"
    Last edited by hawggie; May 4, 2010 at 03:58am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I would LOVE to see Lord Dactys in MotUC!!

I can see several ways they could MotuC-ize him and reuse parts - Webstor's armor (with a new paint job) could actually sort of work, and already has a place on the back for ball-joints for the wings ... something like this:

The Whiplash body might be better, since the Speleans had tails as well as wings, but would armor fit over that? Of course, if it was newly-sculpted, they could make it to fit. I didn't give him a tail in my pic, but he should technically have one.

I would not be at all surprised to see him with the Skeletor arms/legs (as in the pic) ... they kind of have an appropriate feel to them for Dactys. They could even use Whiplash's feet to differentiate him a little more.

I think it would be cool if they used Mer-Man's hands though ... don't know why, but I think the "webbed" hands would be cool on Dactys.

I do hope he has his sword from the cartoon - that was a perfect weapon.
    Last edited by j-bird; May 5, 2010 at 01:46am.

Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
    I would LOVE to see Lord Dactys in MotUC!!

I can see several ways they could MotuC-ize him and reuse parts - Webstor's armor (with a new paint job) could actually sort of work, and already has a place on the back for ball-joints for the wings

The Whiplash body might be better, since the Speleans had tails as well as wings, but would armor fit over that? Of course, if it was newly-sculpted, they could make it to fit. I didn't give him a tail in my pic, but he should technically have one.

I would not be at all surprised to see him with the Skeletor arms/legs (as in the pic) ... they kind of have an appropriate feel to them for Dactys. They could even use Whiplash's feet to differentiate him a little more.

I do hope he has his sword from the cartoon - that was a perfect weapon.
    That looks pretty cool. If Matty released him like that with a tail & his sword, I'd be cool with it. Maybe they could get rid of that black widow symbol on Webstor's armor though.
    I want my other half.

You're not thinking like Mattel, and the vision of this line "as if he were made in the '80s"
    There were a lot of figs in the 80s that had unique sculpts (Sy-Klone, Orko, Sorceress, Leech, Mantenna, Blast Attack, etc....) IMO Dactys would definitely fit into the same category.

You're using a fan-made picture instead of the screen grab that was posted earlier. That pic looks quite different.
    How exactly does it look "quite different"? Perhaps the gauntlets are slightly different, but I don't see much of a difference at all. And IIRC, this excellent drawing was done by a .orger...ICEMAN maybe?
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

yeah !! I'll grab him !! interesting character ... basically I'm all for myp characters in MOTUC !!!
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."