Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: MotUC Lord Dactys figure discussion

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    If it was a Filmation figure someone said didn't fit....everyone would be in agreement that wasn't a Filmation fan. Just like NA figures.... And everyone of us who isn't a die hard collector, and completionist falls prey to the almighty "Era Wars™", even you.
    Not everyone who dislikes a Filmation character dislikes Filmation. The way I see it, it's you that make these inaccurate distinctions of who isn't a Filmation fan and that seems to be anyone that doesn't place Filmation first. Or if someone prefers the MYP Evil Seed or Count Marzo over their Filmation counterpart, they must be pro MYP but anti Filmation.

I don't go into NA threads to say that those figures don't fit for whatever reason, or are "stupid" because someone forgot the glue, because honestly, I think it comes across as a way to take a jab at something I wouldn't like regardless. Why should I go into an NA thread to give my 2 cents when I don't like NA? For me, you come across at taking jabs at MYP quite often.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Ok gang, let's stay on the topic of the Lord Dactys figure. As always, let's respect each others opinion and play nice.
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Well, I have the "Who Is Lord Dactus?" blog post scheduled for tomorrow, but...

...Underworld was a really cool episode, so I didn't find much to mock.

I'm currently re-watching the MYP series and watched "Underworld" last night--and I didn't think I could get MORE excited about this figure!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I'm currently re-watching the MYP series and watched "Underworld" last night--and I didn't think I could get MORE excited about this figure!!!
    Watching that episode recently made me want Ceratus as well, just not as much as I'd prefer that Prahvus, MYP Sorceress, or King Hiss first.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The whole point of making BGEL was missed. Fans wanted Evil-Lyn in her own distinct costume, not Teela's duds. I could understand "Classicizing" to a point, but some Classicizing was made to such an extent that the figure became just a repaint and lost the elements that made that look special. Heck, SMAA was going to be a straight repaint before the fans said something! And let's not forget the whole Keldor Sword debacle.
    Lynn was a cheap out, and not what they had said a 200x Lynn would be previously. Really, the skirt and the boots would have been the only pieces really needed to do her right, so it wasn't like she needed a huge amount of tooling.

As for MYP fans admitting their cartoon had weaknesses (like how MAA got too much of a focus for one), I thought that it wasn't perfect and there are some 200X designs that didn't work out so well. It's usually the Filmation fans who put that cartoon on such a pedestal, that "nothing else matters". It's an arrogance that rivals the Vintage only fan.
    No such thing as Duncan getting too much focus. THere are strengths and weaknesses with both series; sometimes Filmation got a bit too goofy, while MYP sometimes lacked the humore too much (especially with He-Man, whose previous sense of humor was usually completely MIA). The Filmation villains were too often portrayed as bumbling; the MYP versions had more threat, but tended to be formulaic (just give them big magic powers). We could pick and dissect the good and bad for both endlessly, but the important thing is that some folks liked one, some the other, and many like me enjoyed both. THe Filmation toon will always edge out MYP for me, personally. but that certainly doesn't mean I don't love the newer version, as well. Both eras deserve representation in the line, and I think they've done a good job of melding the very dissimilar styles into the classics aesthetic (I thought the hoopla the powers that be made over Marzo's windswept hair was over the top as far as the edict against "hyper anime style" went). I think Dactys looks great, and for folks who think the sharp edges make him stick out, I point to the pointy design of Mosquitor both now and in the 80's.

There's room for ALL eras in this line, and they can all be translated into the style we have now. The breadth of the line is what has kept it going so long, and it's always been Classic's greatest strength in my book. I may like some figures more than others, and think some may fit in better, but there's room in my displays for Dactys, Plundor, and any other figures from all the long history of MOTU.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I have very little connection to the 200X series. I am mostly a Filmation, Pre-Filmation Era fan. I don't really want Lord Dactus, but I think he turned out fantastic from a figure standpoint. His legs and feet turned out great, I hope they can somehow reuse this design (the animal like leg bends)...it really makes the figure tower over everyone else!

Heroic Warrior
    I can't help but wonder : is there something wrong with Lord Dactys ? Why was there no sample sent in time to Pixel Dan, while all the remaining 2013 figures were already previewed ?

Prahvus, clearly it is part of the conspiracy. Dactus will arrive with his head on backwards.

ANYWAY... here's an episode summary of Underworld: http://nerditis.com/2013/10/09/life-...s-lord-dactus/

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Hopefully everything turns out fine with him. I don't think an official reason was given for the lack of sample for reviews. Probably just some snafu.

Anywhoo, Dactus may never have been on any of my wanted figure lists, but man he looks really really cool. He is a very well done figure and I can't wait to get him! Sometimes I think people get too bogged down in "factions" and ignore how cool a figure turns out!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    Why would Clawful need reptile eyes? He's not a reptile at all. Makes no sense
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Anywhoo, Dactus may never have been on any of my wanted figure lists, but man he looks really really cool. He is a very well done figure and I can't wait to get him! Sometimes I think people get too bogged down in "factions" and ignore how cool a figure turns out!
    I know what you mean there. I actively dislike the whole concept of King Grayskull, but I have both figures and display them both, because they are very well executed toys. And I honestly wouldn't have shed a tear if Dactys hadn't been made, but I'm looking forward to him because he is an awesome looking monster who will look great in one of my displays.

You're right, sometimes you should just appreciate how great the figures is and not let where he came from get in the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    I know what you mean there. I actively dislike the whole concept of King Grayskull, but I have both figures and display them both, because they are very well executed toys. And I honestly wouldn't have shed a tear if Dactys hadn't been made, but I'm looking forward to him because he is an awesome looking monster who will look great in one of my displays.

You're right, sometimes you should just appreciate how great the figures is and not let where he came from get in the way.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

EveryTime I look at this picture this guy looks cooler and cooler.

Looking forward to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    Prahvus, clearly it is part of the conspiracy. Dactus will arrive with his head on backwards.
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Any figure with those wings....is amazing in my book...he is a little more 'anime' or "pointy" than I would have liked him to be when be "translated" to MOTUC...but those wings...I was not a fan of Draego-Man....but the wings won me over. And anything is better than a pink rabbit!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Heroic Warrior Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    The lack of samples does make me think that the October sub shipment might be delayed and as usual we won't find out about it until the last minute. How disappointing for all those fans so eagerly awaiting the arrival of their Nepthu figures in the same box.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Squishy Duck Man will return in "Thunderball"

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    And anything is better than a pink rabbit!
    It's kind of hilarious that I avoided getting a Filmation sub to avoid having to pay for the bunny and still end up paying for him in my Club Eternia.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Duck Man View Post
    The lack of samples does make me think that the October sub shipment might be delayed and as usual we won't find out about it until the last minute. How disappointing for all those fans so eagerly awaiting the arrival of their Nepthu figures in the same box.
    Delaying at least one figure until November would be nice on the wallet.

Lord Dactus is now officially sold out on Matty!

He's beautiful, gorgeous, wonderful, and stupendous! He doesn't stand worth a crap, but overall he's the bees knees.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!