Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: MotUC Lord Dactys figure discussion

This Figure is just amazing! Blows me away everytime I look at him. Now we need EVILSEED! Please Toyguru!

Agreed, this figure is exceptionally brilliant. He will fit nicely with other Masters.
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Saurod, Skytree and Songster.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I wasn't all about this figure when they revealed it but as I look at it I like it more and more. Its well done and I'm looking forward to getting this guy!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

This years Draego Man.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    This Figure is just amazing! Blows me away everytime I look at him. Now we need EVILSEED! Please Toyguru!
    Yeah, I been expecting Evil Seed as well as some of the other memorable MYP characters. When Matty when?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Lord Dactys or Dactus as it is now has been on my want list for ages so I'm thrilled to finally be getting a figure of him. I think the style is right on for the character and its a superb version. My only complaint is the in package figure seems to be packaged like webstor without his armor etc.. Being a MOC collector this really annoys me when the character doesn't really represent the character unless I open him.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    MYP Evilseed is DEFINITELY next on my wants list! That was such an amazing redesign!!
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    I wasn't all about this figure when they revealed it but as I look at it I like it more and more. Its well done and I'm looking forward to getting this guy!
    My reaction was much the same. When I was reading along on Toyark during the panel, my reaction was "eh" when he was announced. Not a character I really cared about at all, much like Carnivus was. But once I saw the figure itself, I was gradually won over. The clever use of parts allowed some re-use I hadn't thought possible while still preserving an accurate look and even the extra joint with the ankles giving him that animal/reptilian stance. He really did turn out quite well, and sells himself to me based on the merits of the figure alone.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Lord Dactus looks amazing!!!
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Court Magician
    Can't wait to get this guy. So much better than Batros.

Widget
    I loved Lord Dactus!!!

I´be been waiting this figure since I got Carnivus!!!
    I need to get Sorceress 200X to fell completely happy!!
    I already got my subscription!! Two-bad, Dactus and Modulok are amazing figures!!!

I started collecting with Marvel Legends. Since than I´ve been buying figures from Mcfarlane, Motu 200X, Neca (movie e games), Marvel Select, Play Arts and Dc Direct, but there are no other collection I´m most pride since I staretd then my MOTU Classics.

I think 2014 will be memorable!!

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    The clever use of parts allowed some re-use I hadn't thought possible while still preserving an accurate look and even the extra joint with the ankles giving him that animal/reptilian stance. He really did turn out quite well, and sells himself to me based on the merits of the figure alone.
    Yep, I love how they cheated that ankle joint, he is going to stand taller than standard figures too as he should./
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

This is bothering a lot fewer people than I expected.

I'm a 200x fan, but the Classics line has a certain style that I think the figures should stick to. Marzo was a character I liked in 200x and Filmation, but I think he stands out too much in Classics. I think this guy might be worse for me. There's parts reuse, but the unique parts seem large, overly angular, and don't resemble similar Classics parts. If this was a vintage character, he probably would have just had Clawful feet and some kind of clawed hands. What's wrong with that?

I think the problem when it comes to 200x in Classics is a misunderstanding. There's a difference between 200x design, and 200x style. The former is simply the elements that make something unique. The latter is a particular artist's take on those elements.

When I want a 200x character, I want the design, not the style. When I want 200x Sorceress, I want to see her in her "Egyptian" outfit. I do not want to see flowing hair and a bunch of unique parts. That's not Classics.
    Last edited by Master Jokubas; July 30, 2013 at 03:23pm.

yeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss
    at least one 200x with the 200x style!!
    just look that legs!!
    It's a bat, This is bio-evolution-credible

I have no more 5 years as in 1985

THIS IS IN PERFECT SIZE WITH MY 200X DIORAMA -becouse it is not a human figure-

LONG LIFE TO 200X STYLE AND CHARACTERS!
    Check out marktron's MOTU CUTSOMS photos and profile! http://fearlessphotog.deviantart.com/

Awesome looking figure. I never really cared for the character, but this figure looks so good, I'm probably going to buy it. One thing, though: are they using the old Skeletor ankles?? JEEZ, those things can barely support a regular figure, let alone a huge dude like this.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

I hear you brother, and I thought the 200x style was retired. Seems like the exception is the rule with this Dactys I think they should scale back a bit and just give him skeletor hands or somthing, at least tone down some of that hyper detail!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Master Jokubas View Post
    This is bothering a lot fewer people than I expected.

I'm a 200x fan, but the Classics line has a certain style that I think the figures should stick to. Marzo was a character I liked in 200x and Filmation, but I think he stands out too much in Classics. I think this guy might be worse for me. There's parts reuse, but the unique parts seem large, overly angular, and don't resemble similar Classics parts. If this was a vintage character, he probably would have just had Clawful feet and some kind of clawed hands. What's wrong with that?

I think the problem when it comes to 200x in Classics is a misunderstanding. There's a difference between 200x design, and 200x style. The former is simply the elements that make something unique. The latter is a particular artist's take on those elements.

When I want a 200x character, I want the design, not the style. When I want 200x Sorceress, I want to see her in her "Egyptian" outfit. I do not want to see flowing hair and a bunch of unique parts. That's not Classics.
    Mattel Inc. taken subscribers for the ass since 2011!

Long life to 200x I´m not in 1985 anymore when the parts are reused.
    Just check the MOTUC prize vs a Mc Farlane
    Check out marktron's MOTU CUTSOMS photos and profile! http://fearlessphotog.deviantart.com/

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    This years Draego Man.
    "Awesome Winged Character" should be a new yearly slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Vultak for 2014! Or you know, like, one of many Rebellion characters that have wings.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    Vultak for 2014! Or you know, like, one of many Rebellion characters that have wings.
    I say Dragoon for 2014!! Followed shortly after by Vultak!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

After my initial hate for this figure, it is growing on me. I think it is too anime style looking but it isn't as terrible as I initially felt.
    He does look like a gargoyle, which is the point, right?

He really is a bat. However, i think gargoyle makes much more sense and translates into being more "MOTUC" style.
    He's a stone gargoyle come to life...hence his angular(200x) look.
    But if a bat floats yer boat, or you prefer to follow canon, he is a bat...
    Personally...GO GARGOYLE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cammor View Post
    After my initial hate for this figure, it is growing on me. I think it is too anime style looking but it isn't as terrible as I initially felt.
    He does look like a gargoyle, which is the point, right?
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

to me is a princess. GO PRINCESS!

and for the same reason whiplash is a komodo's dragon and adam is a hair stylist.

Dactus in-hand pics, courtesy of Dark Horse from TheFwoosh (better known as IrrepressibleDH here on the forums!)

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Dactus in-hand pics, courtesy of Dark Horse from TheFwoosh (better known as IrrepressibleDH here on the forums!)
    Thank you for psting this picture, JonWes!
    Can't wait for him! Did I ever say how happy I am that he is coming?!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!