Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 469

Thread: MotUC Lord Dactys figure discussion

  1. #176
    Heroic Warrior T-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    N.W. Indiana
    Posts
    492
    This Figure is just amazing! Blows me away everytime I look at him. Now we need EVILSEED! Please Toyguru!

  2. #177
    Neutral Observer Alexxandar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    838
    Agreed, this figure is exceptionally brilliant. He will fit nicely with other Masters.
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Saurod, Skytree and Songster.

  3. #178
    Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    1,086
    I wasn't all about this figure when they revealed it but as I look at it I like it more and more. Its well done and I'm looking forward to getting this guy!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

  4. #179
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,637
    This years Draego Man.

  5. #180
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    This Figure is just amazing! Blows me away everytime I look at him. Now we need EVILSEED! Please Toyguru!
    Yeah, I been expecting Evil Seed as well as some of the other memorable MYP characters. When Matty when?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

  6. #181
    Heroic Warrior Colossor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sikeston, Missouri
    Posts
    143
    Lord Dactys or Dactus as it is now has been on my want list for ages so I'm thrilled to finally be getting a figure of him. I think the style is right on for the character and its a superb version. My only complaint is the in package figure seems to be packaged like webstor without his armor etc.. Being a MOC collector this really annoys me when the character doesn't really represent the character unless I open him.

  7. #182
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,734
    Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    This Figure is just amazing! Blows me away everytime I look at him. Now we need EVILSEED! Please Toyguru!
    MYP Evilseed is DEFINITELY next on my wants list! That was such an amazing redesign!!
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  8. #183
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    I wasn't all about this figure when they revealed it but as I look at it I like it more and more. Its well done and I'm looking forward to getting this guy!
    My reaction was much the same. When I was reading along on Toyark during the panel, my reaction was "eh" when he was announced. Not a character I really cared about at all, much like Carnivus was. But once I saw the figure itself, I was gradually won over. The clever use of parts allowed some re-use I hadn't thought possible while still preserving an accurate look and even the extra joint with the ankles giving him that animal/reptilian stance. He really did turn out quite well, and sells himself to me based on the merits of the figure alone.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  9. #184
    *batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,301
    Lord Dactus looks amazing!!!
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

    www.hemanworld.com

  10. #185
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    54
    Can't wait to get this guy. So much better than Batros.

  11. #186
    Widget
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    28
    I loved Lord Dactus!!!

    I´be been waiting this figure since I got Carnivus!!!
    I need to get Sorceress 200X to fell completely happy!!
    I already got my subscription!! Two-bad, Dactus and Modulok are amazing figures!!!

    I started collecting with Marvel Legends. Since than I´ve been buying figures from Mcfarlane, Motu 200X, Neca (movie e games), Marvel Select, Play Arts and Dc Direct, but there are no other collection I´m most pride since I staretd then my MOTU Classics.

    I think 2014 will be memorable!!

  12. #187
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    17,980
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    The clever use of parts allowed some re-use I hadn't thought possible while still preserving an accurate look and even the extra joint with the ankles giving him that animal/reptilian stance. He really did turn out quite well, and sells himself to me based on the merits of the figure alone.
    Yep, I love how they cheated that ankle joint, he is going to stand taller than standard figures too as he should./
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  13. #188
    Musculation Master Jokubas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    199
    This is bothering a lot fewer people than I expected.

    I'm a 200x fan, but the Classics line has a certain style that I think the figures should stick to. Marzo was a character I liked in 200x and Filmation, but I think he stands out too much in Classics. I think this guy might be worse for me. There's parts reuse, but the unique parts seem large, overly angular, and don't resemble similar Classics parts. If this was a vintage character, he probably would have just had Clawful feet and some kind of clawed hands. What's wrong with that?

    I think the problem when it comes to 200x in Classics is a misunderstanding. There's a difference between 200x design, and 200x style. The former is simply the elements that make something unique. The latter is a particular artist's take on those elements.

    When I want a 200x character, I want the design, not the style. When I want 200x Sorceress, I want to see her in her "Egyptian" outfit. I do not want to see flowing hair and a bunch of unique parts. That's not Classics.
    Last edited by Master Jokubas; July 30, 2013 at 03:23pm.

  14. #189
    Heroic Warrior MARKTRON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    72
    yeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss
    at least one 200x with the 200x style!!
    just look that legs!!
    It's a bat, This is bio-evolution-credible

    I have no more 5 years as in 1985

    THIS IS IN PERFECT SIZE WITH MY 200X DIORAMA -becouse it is not a human figure-

    LONG LIFE TO 200X STYLE AND CHARACTERS!
    Check out marktron's MOTU CUTSOMS photos and profile! http://fearlessphotog.deviantart.com/

  15. #190
    Heroic Warrior goluphi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    990
    Awesome looking figure. I never really cared for the character, but this figure looks so good, I'm probably going to buy it. One thing, though: are they using the old Skeletor ankles?? JEEZ, those things can barely support a regular figure, let alone a huge dude like this.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

  16. #191
    Heroic Warrior AnthonyHall666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    391
    I hear you brother, and I thought the 200x style was retired. Seems like the exception is the rule with this Dactys I think they should scale back a bit and just give him skeletor hands or somthing, at least tone down some of that hyper detail!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Jokubas View Post
    This is bothering a lot fewer people than I expected.

    I'm a 200x fan, but the Classics line has a certain style that I think the figures should stick to. Marzo was a character I liked in 200x and Filmation, but I think he stands out too much in Classics. I think this guy might be worse for me. There's parts reuse, but the unique parts seem large, overly angular, and don't resemble similar Classics parts. If this was a vintage character, he probably would have just had Clawful feet and some kind of clawed hands. What's wrong with that?

    I think the problem when it comes to 200x in Classics is a misunderstanding. There's a difference between 200x design, and 200x style. The former is simply the elements that make something unique. The latter is a particular artist's take on those elements.

    When I want a 200x character, I want the design, not the style. When I want 200x Sorceress, I want to see her in her "Egyptian" outfit. I do not want to see flowing hair and a bunch of unique parts. That's not Classics.
    Mattel Inc. taken subscribers for the ass since 2011!

  17. #192
    Heroic Warrior MARKTRON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    72
    Long life to 200x I´m not in 1985 anymore when the parts are reused.
    Just check the MOTUC prize vs a Mc Farlane
    Check out marktron's MOTU CUTSOMS photos and profile! http://fearlessphotog.deviantart.com/

  18. #193
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    1,335
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    This years Draego Man.
    "Awesome Winged Character" should be a new yearly slot.

  19. #194
    Our Universe a Sunder! Veebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    "Awesome Winged Character" should be a new yearly slot.
    Vultak for 2014! Or you know, like, one of many Rebellion characters that have wings.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

    Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

    Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

  20. #195
    Born Villain dedset13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    2,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    "Awesome Winged Character" should be a new yearly slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    Vultak for 2014! Or you know, like, one of many Rebellion characters that have wings.
    I say Dragoon for 2014!! Followed shortly after by Vultak!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

  21. #196
    Heroic Master of Stuff Cammor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    526
    After my initial hate for this figure, it is growing on me. I think it is too anime style looking but it isn't as terrible as I initially felt.
    He does look like a gargoyle, which is the point, right?

  22. #197
    Heroic Warrior Stratos*Major's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    MS, Gulf Coast
    Posts
    2,093
    He really is a bat. However, i think gargoyle makes much more sense and translates into being more "MOTUC" style.
    He's a stone gargoyle come to life...hence his angular(200x) look.
    But if a bat floats yer boat, or you prefer to follow canon, he is a bat...
    Personally...GO GARGOYLE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cammor View Post
    After my initial hate for this figure, it is growing on me. I think it is too anime style looking but it isn't as terrible as I initially felt.
    He does look like a gargoyle, which is the point, right?
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

  23. #198
    Heroic Warrior Delthaindia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kitten Town
    Posts
    1,484
    to me is a princess. GO PRINCESS!

    and for the same reason whiplash is a komodo's dragon and adam is a hair stylist.

  24. #199
    #1 Extendar Fan! JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,719
    Dactus in-hand pics, courtesy of Dark Horse from TheFwoosh (better known as IrrepressibleDH here on the forums!)


  25. #200
    scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Skeletor's back
    Posts
    1,636
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Dactus in-hand pics, courtesy of Dark Horse from TheFwoosh (better known as IrrepressibleDH here on the forums!)
    Thank you for psting this picture, JonWes!
    Can't wait for him! Did I ever say how happy I am that he is coming?!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •