Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MotUC Lord Dactys figure discussion

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    I would love a figure of Dactys, but I think he is a lot less likely than Carnivus or Evil Seed from the 200x cartoon as he would require a lot of new tooling. HOpefully, I am wrong.
    Yeah, you are....because Whiplash is being made; and with the exception of the wings and the head, I think it's essentially the same figure.

I think they will get to Lord Dactys, and it's why they're doing Whiplash now.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

I want him!!! He's one of the coolest characters from that series and think it would be awesome to have him, and the sooner the better!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by sephron13 View Post
    How exactly does it look "quite different"? Perhaps the gauntlets are slightly different, but I don't see much of a difference at all. And IIRC, this excellent drawing was done by a .orger...ICEMAN maybe?
    it's by gbagok

Quote Originally Posted by sephron13 View Post
    How exactly does it look "quite different"? Perhaps the gauntlets are slightly different, but I don't see much of a difference at all. And IIRC, this excellent drawing was done by a .orger...ICEMAN maybe?
    Since you asked:
    Screengrab (S): Boss/extra plating covering vitals, Gbagok (G): Shaped pecs on armor,
    S: MOTUC Skeletor gauntlets, G: More stylized version
    S: extended loin cloth waist armor, G: Armored briefs
    Gbagok's leg armor and exoskeleton also more detailed.

btw, looking at the pics again, reinforced the idea that they would use the Whiplash/Buzz-Off torso for his upper body due to the exoskeleton.

So now we know that King Dactys isn't going to be released this year, but fellow Eternian council member King Carnivus will be. Who here looks forward to getting King Dactys in 2011?
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

ME!! That's a great design that will translate very well into a MOTUC figure. I can't wait to see what the 4H have up their sleeve for this guy!
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    So want Lord Dactys. he would make for a great looking figure. Another flying character would be sweet. Would like the leader of the Caligars aswell but a bit later on, would be a cheap way to do him as Whiplash is already out.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Lord Dactys is high on my list, but with The Faceless One scheduled for next year, I was hoping the possible second MYP character would be Evilseed.

So I vote for Lord Dactys in early 2012.

Yeah I'd like him. I agree he would prob need a lot of new tooling though.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Wow, Lord Dactys is an amazing character!

I never comment on him, because I don't remember his episode in MYP. What's the name of the episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Lord Dactys is high on my list, but with The Faceless One scheduled for next year, I was hoping the possible second MYP character would be Evilseed.

So I vote for Lord Dactys in early 2012.
    Yeah, the MYP Evilseed is waaay HIGH on my list!
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; June 15, 2010 at 10:55am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Lord Dactus would look bad! He'll have key elements to Batros if/when the Filmation rights are acquired. Honestly, the more steam this line picks up, the more I'm certain issues with Mattel getting those rights will be a thing of the past. Then we'll see the figures a lot of us have been waiting for.

Regardless, Dactus has a great design and I'm positive he'll look amazing in Classics.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Dactys ranks high among my MYP/200X favorites, so I'd love to see him come along sooner rather than later.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Quote Originally Posted by hawggie View Post
    You're using a fan-made picture instead of the screen grab that was posted earlier. That pic looks quite different.
    While my drawing is old and misses some details because it's based on a paused VHS copy (on the pan-up of Dactys from the episode "Underworld"), I think it's still pretty accurate to the what the character looked like and to what Sephron13 is saying.

I think J-Bird's drawing however is perfect for how we should expect Dactys to be adapted for the MOTUC formula. I think however he will probably use the Whiplash feet, and may get some more original armor (hope none of the He-Ro armor though).

I hope they make Whiplash's brother and this guy asap! They both look so bad a**!!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I'd love to get a Dactys! He's high on my list, right after Ceratus and Evil Seed.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    While my drawing is old and misses some details because it's based on a paused VHS copy (on the pan-up of Dactys from the episode "Underworld"), I think it's still pretty accurate to the what the character looked like and to what Sephron13 is saying.

I think J-Bird's drawing however is perfect for how we should expect Dactys to be adapted for the MOTUC formula. I think however he will probably use the Whiplash feet, and may get some more original armor (hope none of the He-Ro armor though).
    Hey gbagok, sorry I didn't give you proper credit for your excellent drawing of Dactys! I knew you and ICEMAN worked on those excellent fanfics and I got you guys mixed up.

Anyway, after The Faceless One in May '11, I hope Dactys is on deck for the next 200X character we see. I'd love to have him and a couple of Spleean(sp?) army builders flanking him.
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    200X fans - vote to save the Bat Lord in 90-to-1 and send a certain space cowboy to the cornfield

I'll grab him....But being honest, a figure of him will eat up a lot of budget/tooling...and for a secondary character...Don't know, but Matty wont be doing that for a long time.

As they say, the line is sustaining itself, but noit gnerating that much of $$$...Says Matty, yeah right! LOL
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He Man 12 View Post
    I'll grab him....But being honest, a figure of him will eat up a lot of budget/tooling...and for a secondary character...Don't know, but Matty wont be doing that for a long time.
    On precedent, not that much - Skeletor/Zodac lower arms, Hordak or Whiplash lower torso, Optikk/Roboto/MEF loincloth all immediately leap out as probable part reuses. Maybe Whiplash upper torso too, with the wings (the obvious big splurge) connecting the same way as Whiplash's tail.

New head, new armour, new wings, maybe new upper arms and thighs - not that much in context. The big question is what they'd do with the lower legs - between the "classicising machine" thing and pure stability, I can't see them going with the skinny tiptoe legs.

Quote Originally Posted by He Man 12 View Post

As they say, the line is sustaining itself, but noit gnerating that much of $$$...Says Matty, yeah right! LOL
    matty lie!? the hell you say!
    and i would LOVE a Lord Dactys!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    he can be simplified & made for motuc within a resalable cost.

Heroic Warrior
    There are 4 200x figures I really want sooner than later :

1- Prahvus

2- Evil Seed

3- Lord Dactys

4- Ceratus

I'm all for a Lord Dactys figure ! When should he be released ? Well, I'd say somewhere in 2012 or 2013.

In order for him to be done properly, Mattel will need some new tooling. That is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    The big question is what they'd do with the lower legs - between the "classicising machine" thing and pure stability, I can't see them going with the skinny tiptoe legs.
    Buzz-Off had skinny insect type legs in the MYP cartoon so I wouldn't be surprised if they just used the Buzz-Off lower legs on the Dactys figure and say thats the Classicized version of him.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

After the comic con reveals and stuff i really want Lord Dactys i can see him using the Whiplash torso and Whiplash feet and the new Draego Man wings i could see him coming a lot sooner now.

I bet he comes in Quarter 2 of 2012.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.