Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Army builder 2 packs...

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar

Army builder 2 packs...

How many are you guys going to get? I'm looking at my display now and thinking, 2 maybe 3 packs of Royal guards. Mainly "Is there going to be space around the royal family once Orko and Adam show up then Marlena is made for 6 Royal guards then possibly one of the Teela's and a Man-at-arms and hopefully a Dekker?" 6 Guards, which is really not enough to be considered an army... Gary coleman said it best in the Simpsons "But the menu said "galaxy of prawns". Three prawns are hardly a galaxy!" 6 Guards is no Army... But how many guys does it take for guards to look convincingly Armyish?

Who is going to build a huge army and how many packs do you think you will get? I'd love to know if anyone would be buying some huge amount like 10.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Quote Originally Posted by flaming_knob View Post
    How many are you guys going to get? I'm looking at my display now and thinking, 2 maybe 3 packs of Royal guards. Mainly "Is there going to be space around the royal family once Orko and Adam show up then Marlena is made for 6 Royal guards then possibly one of the Teela's and a Man-at-arms and hopefully a Dekker?" 6 Guards, which is really not enough to be considered an army... Gary coleman said it best in the Simpsons "But the menu said "galaxy of prawns". Three prawns are hardly a galaxy!" 6 Guards is no Army... But how many guys does it take for guards to look convincingly Armyish?

Who is going to build a huge army and how many packs do you think you will get? I'd love to know if anyone would be buying some huge amount like 10.
    I will buy 10 for sure !!! And I will display them in a big battle display

I'm really impatient to know which army we will have !!!

I personally never got into army building. But to each his/her own. I was really tempted with the 25th Anniversary GI*JOE line. Those figures were $7 a piece and I still couldn't bring myself to buy so many of the same figures.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    With this scale you´ll need a lot of space to make an army, so Ill get just 1 pack of 2 Palace Guards in order to protect the King (as bodyguards). I don´t need an army.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

i'd love to get at least ten figures, so 5 packs, I don't have the finances or the room really so I may have to settle with two figures. when I was a kid I had 2 horde troopers, bought them months a part, I wanted to get more but new figures were more important to me.

the thing with this line though you gotta think army buiders, esp horde troopers are going to seel extremely fast as more people are going to buy multiples and HT is an oft requested figure.

and three prawns IS hardly a galaxy! I love the use of simpsons references to drive home a point.
    Last edited by krosfyah; May 3, 2010 at 08:00am.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I need at least 6 Horde Troopers and that's what I'll get for sure if they are $20 each...

If they are $15 each ($30 per 2), I consider getting 12 in total...

I will only be getting 2 Palace Guards as body guards.
    The only real army builder for me would be the Horde Troopers.

--

I personally call it an army if you have 72 figures.

This is how I do it considering the fact that you can only have so many figures... In reality you need way more numbers for a company and an army and around 12 for a squad and 24 for a platoon:
    - 3 figures is a fire team
    - 6 figures is a squad
    - 12 figures is a platoon
    - 36 figures is a company
    - 72 figures is an army

Example with the Cobra army:
    If it's a special ops type of figure, I need 6 of them. (air troopers, stinger drivers, hiss tank drivers)
    12 if they are specialized (eels, bats, cobra officers)
    24 if they are special, but they come in numbers (crimson guards)
    36+ if they are the standard troops (cobra troopers, cobra vipers)

6 is always my lowest number for army builders.
    You really need 2 fire teams at minimum!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Heroic Warrior
    There's no way I'll say anything regarding how many I'm gonna buy before I know how the army builders will look like !

Anyway, I'm sure I won't buy an army. I like my figures to be quite unique...

It would be nice if they were $30 a pair. I don't think $35 or $40 would be that fair since they are packed together and using the same peices.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Space makes it hard to justify more than a couple of each army builder (royal guards I can easily live with one pack, but Horde Troopers might tempt me beyond that).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

After reading some of Matty's Q&A from around the interweb, anyone else thinking that the $60 items in the subscription may be 3 pack army builders?
    Matty needs to do pre-orders !!

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    i'll get at least 3 packs- 1 to open 1 to customize and 1 to keep just in case (probably to customize later down the road)

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'll probably try to get at least 2 more additional packs, along with my subscription pack. I can't see myself with more than 10 troopers of each kind. Minimum, I'll want 4-5.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

- Imo I look at from a perspective of good vs evil first. Since I have the primary heroic character plus some supporting characters I can live with the sense of having a small amount of heroic non-character specific additions (like Royal Guards of Infantry troops). While with villains I like to 'up the ante' and make the odds heavy in their favor. In my personal 25th Joe collection I have 25-30 reg Cobra troops, a couple of 3-6 man teams of BATS, Vipers, officers, etc and of course Cobra Commander and his upper henchmen while I only have a small 10 man Joe team.

Same would go with MOTUC. Id probably only get 2 guards while getting 6-10 Horde Troopers. It looks cooler in displays with a hero whipping out a bunch of bad guys and vice versa a main villain standing victorious over many fallen heroes.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    For royal palace guards, I would go with 4 to 6 - enough of a squad to look like a good bodyguard force for the royals.

Horde troopers, I will probably go for 10.

If they released the 200x skeleton soldiers for Skeletor from the comic, I would probably go absolutely nuts for them. Not sure how many of those I would buy.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    As far as Palace Guards or Horde Troopers, two of each will be sufficient for me. I don't have the money, space, or really, desire, for more than that.

I'm not even sure what other troop builders there'd be, realistically - maybe skeleton warriors or snake warriors, but I'd really have no interest in them.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I figure my armies would probably consist of ten each. How many do you need to play out a battle, or set up a diorama with, anyway?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

It all depends on who and what's released. I'm only really interested in Palace Guards and Mer-Men. I'd buy 1-2 packs of those depending on what they looked like. I'd also probably get one pack of Horde Troopers b/c I don't plan on buying much, if any, of the regular Horde members.
    I'd have to evaluate things like Avion people or Andreenids on a case-by-case basis, if they ever made such things at all.

I'll do the army building for certain troop types. For GI JOE I had 30 cobra soldiers, 6 officers, 10 or Snow Serpents with an Officer plus some Joe green shirts. Looked great having all the rank and filers. I think what I pick up for MOTUC will be more in the range of 4 to 8 though.

definitely at least 2 packs, so i can make a scene or battle. two soldiers just wouldnt look like enough, i think a minimum or four warriors would be a good battle scene!

Heroic Warrior
    Probably 2. I collect other lines as well, so budget is a concern ...

What if the Palace Guards end up being the two different versions seen in the MYP cartoon - the ones that look like Man-At-Arms, and then the ones with the blue capes. Would people be more likely to get multiple packs if they were entirely different versions?
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    The only time I ever got into army building was with Star Wars. I had one huge shelf full of Clone Troopers...my grand army of the Republic! And then a second shelf full of Stormtroopers....my Empire!

I'm not sure how much I iwll army build with MOTUC. The cost would be quite high. But I really like the idea of having 2-4 Horde Troopers on my shelf.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Here's how I would buy as far as potential army builder 2 -Packs:

Horde Troopers: 2-3 Packs (4-6 Troopers)
    Royal Guards: 1 Pack
    Avion Warriors: 1 Pack
    Snakemen Warriors: 2 Packs
    Mer-Warriors: 1 Pack
    Demons (or other warriors of Skeletor's): 1-2 Packs (depending on what they are/look like
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    Let us ALL hope and PRAY these come out well after the QUANTITY of PRODUCTION increase...

I'd love to see them sooner, but the bloodbath of whaaaaa-fest about "I can't believe they sold out" would be best avoided.
    Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

I would want at least 20 Horde Troopers (10 x 2 paks) - this is how many vintage Horde Troopers I have displayed.

Royal Palace Guards - maybe 4 (2 x paks), depending on how different the variation is between the two in each pack.

Skeletor's Robot Knights - at least 10 of these. Maybe more. I love those FILMation hovering robots!

Bone Mutants - 5-10 (I have 8 of the 200x series)

Snake Warriors - this really depends on how they look, maybe up to 10.

Shadow Beasts - I know these won't be 2 paks but as army builders I would want at least 3, maybe 5