Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.36!

I dig the 2-Pack answer too.

Let's say Mattel released Snake Men army builders & Skeleton Warriors.
    I totally want an army of Skeletons but DON'T want the Snakes. Army you want without the hassle of unloading the ones ya don't.

Thanks for the answer Matty!
    I want my other half.

The two-packs answer is pretty cool! Two different versions of the same character in one pack? How awesome is that!!??!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    You know, this answer kind of sucks. I mean, I'm glad that they are doing things to prevent this in the future, but what about people who spent $20 + shipping on that figure only for it to fall apart? There really should be something Mattel can do to help those people.
    I was actually really taken aback by how completely horrendous that answer was. Mattel offers exchanges for defective products, but geeze, you don't get that impression from this answer at all. I didn't know about these problems, but if someone tells a representative of a company that their product "just crumbled," one expects that they would get, at the very least, an apology and contact information for a return.

Also? Army builder pack answer = sweet.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Power Sword View Post
    I dig the 2-Pack answer too.

Let's say Mattel released Snake Men army builders & Skeleton Warriors.
    I totally want an army of Skeletons but DON'T want the Snakes. Army you want without the hassle of unloading the ones ya don't.

Thanks for the answer Matty!
    EXACTLY

I might pick up skeletons... I may pick up horde troopers... I have NO interst in Palace guards or Snake warriors... mer-men or Beastmen... So if they only offered Horde trooper vs. Palace guard... That's a waste to me...

I'd rather they were just single carded than be forced to buy fodder I don't want :/

Two of the same are cool... minor variations are also cool... I won't be buying 20-30 of these things... but I imagine if you DID... the variations would look PRETTY sweet all in formation

Heroic Warrior
    "No, we are not interested in intentionally finding ways around legal restrictions. That just wouldn’t be playing fair."

Yet, making the only options for people to buy the figures are to be on a website from 12:00 to 12:03 in the afternoon on only one day out of the month or forcing everybody to buy a subscription without knowing the full list of characters is?

If Mattel could avoid the 5 minute sellouts, they would. Production is ramping up by June and should improve eventually. Remember in 2009 when Mer-Man sold out in an hour and then by the time Tri-Klops and Webstor came they were taking days to sell out. I bet by September the figures will again be lasting more than half a day on the site.

Also, there' so no logistical way that Mattel could release every figure they are releasing in 2011 because I honestly doubt even they know for sure right now. Not to mention the fact that would completely ruin any surprises.

I'm so thrilled that the 2-packs are going to be offered as part of the subscription, and will be offered in the beasts/giants SKU place. I thought for sure that the 2-packs were going to be another additional offereing after they had put the beasts/giants in the subscription in order to make sure we were still having to go to MattyCollector.com. What a relief to know that not only will I not have to deal with the site nightmare, but that there won't be a financially overwhelming amount of products offered at once!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Palace guards and horde troopers are tops on my list there. I mean, are there any more than those two factions?
    Off hand I can think of in theory:-

Palace Guards
    Horde Troopers
    Horde Wraiths
    Skeleton Warriors
    Snakemen
    Kulataks
    Spaaleans
    Caligars
    Birdmen
    Andreanans
    Webstors Children
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post

And those Skeleton Warriors from the video game and comic would be great too.
    bah if skeletor gets an army builder i want the ram skull guys from the ladybird books
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    bah if skeletor gets an army builder i want the ram skull guys from the ladybird books
    Never really cared for those I must say!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com