Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: News On She-Ra's Sword

Heroic Warrior

News On She-Ra's Sword

Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

– No comment.

Heroic Warrior
    After reading that news update from Matty, I just have to bring up this point.

I guess this means there will be TWO versions of She-Ra sold on Matty for the June 15th sale date. The one version will have the one-tone sword and the other version will have the two-tone sword.

Oh, the chaos that will result on that day! I'm sure everyone remembers the unflocked ears and flocked ears Moss Man fiasco.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I've known about this for a long time and it still irks me. I like the complete silver of Adora's sword and I liked the complete gold of She-Ra's sword.

I'm really confused about them saying it was fans who asked for it to be two-toned. It was literally ONE person who asked about it and TG said that was a good point and they would look into doing a running change.

One fan isn't fanS.

Luckily the two-toned gold still looks okay, but...for the record, it was one fan...not a massive grouping of fans looking for a change. Like the massive grouping of fans that would like to see Keldor come with his REAL swords, or get a basic female buck 2.0. THAT'S fans.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Bring on the two-tone! It looks much better!!!!!!

This attempt at good P.R., in anticipation of what promise to be 2 months of insanity on Mattycollector.com, WREAKS of self-congratulatory smugness.

Yeah, it's cool that the sword is two-toned because someone asked for it.

A LOT MORE fans asked for the mask to be changed... yeah, yeah, I know, too late, yadda yadda.

A LOT MORE fans asked for a second sword that looked like the original toy's... that could EASILY have been included. It's She-Ra, she should have extras. Plus, there are plenty of figures with little to no accessories to keep a balance.

I don't know, there is just something about this press-release that stinks... not sure what it is (aside from it being a self-congratulatory attempt at looking cool in front of the "fans" - AGAIN, WE ARE NOT FANS, we are CUSTOMERS!!! Get it RIGHT, MATTY!! HARUMPH!! We PAY for this stuff, and you are OUR fan as a result).

I just want to have this figure in-hand so I can make a final judgement. After years of waiting for an updated vintage toy, we're getting something else... I'm not jumping up and down, but it IS She-Ra, and she is just ridiculously cool a character.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

well who cares if it was one person that asked for it. i'm glad he did. I would prefer 2 tone sword and glad mattel did the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Kollec-Tor View Post
    After reading that news update from Matty, I just have to bring up this point.

I guess this means there will be TWO versions of She-Ra sold on Matty for the June 15th sale date. The one version will have the one-tone sword and the other version will have the two-tone sword.

Oh, the chaos that will result on that day! I'm sure everyone remembers the unflocked ears and flocked ears Moss Man fiasco.
    There will only be one version available. This info was mentioned back when She-Ra was revealed a while back. Personally, I rather had them made a version of her sword similar to her original POP sword. Then packaged in her silver sword. I'm still curious how they'll explain the color change aspect.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    I'm very disappointed about the golden sword (who cares?!), because this I'm indifferent about two gold tones... I will display with Adora's sword
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-´

I am sure there will only be one version of She-Ra with just the two toned sword, otherwise they would have mentioned that there will be two, just like they did with Moss Man. On the first picture used on Matty the sword looks single toned but that's probably just a stock photo of the early prototype/testshot shown at NYCC.

The suggestion to give She-Ra a two toned sword came from He-Man.org's faq and while it was indeed one person who asked that question there are many fans of He-Man's two tone sword, who would have liked to see the same kind of paint application to She-Ra's sword. I am definitely happy with this change. Thanks again to Mattel for their efforts. Hopefully, if there is enough demand they can always include a single toned sword in a future Weapons Pak, to make everyone happy (as well as a two toned silver sword for Adora pehaps. That would be terribly cool!).
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Heroic Warrior
    I'm all for the change to make the figure or in this case the sword more detailed. However, I agree that they do this on purpose just to see us fight to get the one WITHOUT the new paint, since that one will be more scarce.

Now if they tossed a two tone Adora sword in a weapons pak...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Funny how way way back we had to wait until She-Ra for a production increase but within a short amount of time all She-Ra figures will get this "running change". How is it a "running change" if they're all going to be made this way? I guess if a few get out all one tone, we'll see. That'll be reseller bait though.

Yeah before anybody posts it, I know, I know. Mattel says that running changes aren't the same as production increases...

Oh and for the record I don't care one way or the other. Just as long as they don't play the usualy "sell it out in 3 minutes" game. I want 1 extra beyond my subscription one.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    i'm on the fence about the 2 tone she-ra sword, but i would really like for her to have a more scaled sword comparable to he-man's sword adora looks like a toothpick compared to his.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I've known about this for a long time and it still irks me. I like the complete silver of Adora's sword and I liked the complete gold of She-Ra's sword.

I'm really confused about them saying it was fans who asked for it to be two-toned. It was literally ONE person who asked about it and TG said that was a good point and they would look into doing a running change.

One fan isn't fanS.

Luckily the two-toned gold still looks okay, but...for the record, it was one fan...not a massive grouping of fans looking for a change. Like the massive grouping of fans that would like to see Keldor come with his REAL swords, or get a basic female buck 2.0. THAT'S fans.
    For the record, I asked for Adora's sword to be changed to a two-toned grey & silver sword (the same colour scheme He-Man's sword has). This was something several other fans were requesting at the time, so I figured it was worth posting in the Q&A.

I did not ask for a change to She-Ra's gold sword. I hadn't even seen the She-Ra figure at that time. This was Mattel's fault for misinterpreting what was asked. I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with the 2-tone gold sword, but I haven't gotten the sword I wanted yet either.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; May 7, 2010 at 09:29am.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I just want to point out that this in no way is new news. ToyGuru said this exact same thing about She-Ra's sword when she was first shown at New York Toy Fair. You can hear him say it in the video I posted from the event.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    This attempt at good P.R., in anticipation of what promise to be 2 months of insanity on Mattycollector.com, WREAKS of self-congratulatory smugness.

Yeah, it's cool that the sword is two-toned because someone asked for it.

A LOT MORE fans asked for the mask to be changed... yeah, yeah, I know, too late, yadda yadda.

A LOT MORE fans asked for a second sword that looked like the original toy's... that could EASILY have been included. It's She-Ra, she should have extras. Plus, there are plenty of figures with little to no accessories to keep a balance.

I don't know, there is just something about this press-release that stinks... not sure what it is (aside from it being a self-congratulatory attempt at looking cool in front of the "fans" - AGAIN, WE ARE NOT FANS, we are CUSTOMERS!!! Get it RIGHT, MATTY!! HARUMPH!! We PAY for this stuff, and you are OUR fan as a result).

I just want to have this figure in-hand so I can make a final judgement. After years of waiting for an updated vintage toy, we're getting something else... I'm not jumping up and down, but it IS She-Ra, and she is just ridiculously cool a character.
    Not that I disagree with anything you've said here, but I just wanted to point out that changing the paint scheme for a sword, is a far cry from doing a last minute mold design change for the scuplt. Plus, they'd said that they would consider the head sculpt change somewhere down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolica View Post
    well who cares if it was one person that asked for it. i'm glad he did. I would prefer 2 tone sword and glad mattel did the change.
    Even though I'm really not a fan of the Vintage swords, I have to say that this sword does look pretty good, so I'm glad that they made this change.
    Last edited by SAMURAI36; May 7, 2010 at 09:37am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

I don't really mind one way or the other. She-Ra's sword is being painted silver when I get her. I'm not fond of the gold sword.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

For me the best sword for She-ra is bronze, the same of Adora..I don't like gold..

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    LOL! "Fight the good fight..."

What are they, curing cancer???

Smug.

Smug smug smug.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

The sword looks good to me! Can't wait!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    I'm very disappointed about the golden sword (who cares?!), because this I'm indifferent about two gold tones... I will display with Adora's sword
    I'm with Alessandra on this one.

Luckily I have 2 loose Adoras (1 of which I have posed with Hordak as the Force Captain without her sword), so I will give the other Adora sword to the She-Ra that I will display with the Filmation style head.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Why is it they can change the sword color, but it`s too late to do anything about the hole in She Ra`s head

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    For the record, I asked for Adora's sword to be changed to a two-toned grey & silver sword (the same colour scheme He-Man's sword has). This was something several other fans were requesting at the time, so I figured it was worth posting in the Q&A.

I did not ask for a change to She-Ra's gold sword. I hadn't even seen the She-Ra figure at that time. This was Mattel's fault for misinterpreting what was asked. I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with the 2-tone gold sword, but I haven't gotten the sword I wanted yet either.
    I'm not blaming you, I'm just upset is all. I think weapons packs will be a good way to get the different swords out now (solid gold, etc.). They will do the two-toned gray/silver when they re-issue Adora. I'm very certain of this. I'd be interested in seeing an all silver He-Man sword in a weapon's pack. That would be pretty cool!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I think what everyone is forgetting is that the request for the two-tone She-Ra sword was made when Adora came out, NOT after the She-Ra prototype was revealed. This is not a running change. This was something that was planned from the get-go. The prototype didn't have two tones, but we were told at the time that the final product would.

I personally am ok with the gold sword. Not only does it follow the style guide interpretation, but it's a nice throwback to the original toys sword.

Do I wish they were including the original toy's sword? I'm honestly not sure. I remember being VERY angry as a child that the sword looked nothing like She-Ra's "real" sword. In fact, I liked Starburst She-Ra's pink sword better, because it at least had the same basic shape as the Filmation sword.