Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTFWTK 2.38 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.38 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
    Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
    Filmation characters are off limits!
    Who will be produced will remain to be seen.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.
    Mattel has also asked not to submit figure inquiries about unannounced figures (eg: When will we see [insert character name])

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by LORD FALLEN ELDOR,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. radrcks: There have been many problems with the subscription and charging taxes on it. I know Mattel has made efforts to correct this in the past however I noticed a trend. January I wasn't charged tax for Adora, in February I was charged tax for Trap-Jaw, March no tax charged for Moss-Man and now in April I get the conformation for Evil-Lyn and Wun-Dar and I am once again charged tax. Are there any measures in place to fix the continual problem of randomly being charged tax for the figures when we either weren't taxed before, or in my case taxed randomly with no rhyme or reason?

2. MoViEfReAk: Can you confirm that February, 2012 is the official 30th anniversary of MOTU, and are there any chances we could see some Commemorative edition of figures (eg: He-Man or Skeletor 3-packs)? Or maybe something for She-Ra's 30th birthday in 2014?

3. Maxgoof: It was confirmed in a recent Q&A that we will see our first Snake Men figure "soon". With that, every major faction will have had at least one figure released except one: Meteorbs. Are Meteorbs something that are planned to be eventually included in MOTUC in some way?

4. Spectror: May we hope for some Snakemen (eg : Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Rattlor) to come with "hingeable jaws", just like some of them did in the 200x figures, since that is articulation rather than an action-feature?

5. Horde08: There has been a lot of buzz over what the 200x character with a sheild will be for the last of the 2010 figures as stated by you in a previous Q&A session. Will you tell us if you were refering to the reissue King Grayskull whom you have confirmed will come out, or were you refering to a completley different character that has yet to be announced from the 200x era who will come with a shield?

--------------

So ask those questions!

Heroic Warrior
    Speaking about Mosquitor so much lately, if and when he comes, will he have the small degenerated insect legs the Mini Statue had? They could be added to additional blood tanks, just like Webstor's extra legs and therefore be removable.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Good job on the SDCC Exclusive. I have a quick question on Prince Adam though. Will his back have a slit for the power sword? I'm curious because Adora has one and I'm hoping Adam will too.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Considering the super-fast sellout for the weapons pack, I am hoping for more packs down the line. If that is so, would you consider adding new-colored capes from already existing molds? Keldor's and She-Ra's come to mind. Your thoughts?
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; May 8, 2010 at 07:32pm.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    It seems that every time the 200X designs are brought up Mattel shoots anything and everything down with a type of answer akin to "We are not interested in the hyper-exaggerated anime design for the Classics line". But the real question that is never addressed is that fans are sometimes more interested in the color scheme than the actual mold of a character from 200X.

Will there ever be a MotUC figure that has a 200X paint scheme, sometimes even released before its original vintage colors? A lot of fans are still waiting for a 200X purple Evil Lyn repaint that still uses her current Classics mold as well as hoping for the Sorceress to have her blue/white/gold colors before a release of the vintage blue/white/orange, regardless of what her physical design will be (let alone wanting the design pattern that the 200X version had on her face). Does it always have to be "100% vintage", colors AND mold, before anything else regardless of the fan demand? So far even all of the re-released figures haven't had any of their color schemes changed like what has been said would happen by previous statements made by Mattel reps.
    Last edited by The.Idea.of.Evil; May 1, 2010 at 08:06pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Back in the 80's, the 3 towers of Eternia (Eternia playset) had a whole bunch of weapons that came with them. Can we expect these "Eternia playset" weapons to be made in MOTUC style ?

Which Filmation characters are personal favourites of Toyguru, the Four Horsemen and other influential figures in MOTUC?
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Many fans seem to be confused: they consider Comic Con Orko color change to be an action feature; when, in fact, that is the result of a chemically treated plastic much like Scareglow's or Moss-Man's (or Stinkor in the future). So, am I right to assume that an action feature would have to involve some kind of mechanism (spring loaded arms, etc.) and that it is that sort of feature, the MOTUC line will never include?
    Last edited by Calabeli; May 2, 2010 at 11:06pm.
    Let the power return!!

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    I want to know why the material used for the furry shorts keeps changing. on Battle armor He-Man and Wun-Dar they're rock hard just like King Grayskull was. What's going on?

Heroic Warrior
    Since Prince Adam is the accessory that comes with Orko and gets no bio, do we have to wait for the 200X version of Prince Adam to be released to find out how Adam got the Sword of He or will that information be provided on the bio of another future character to be released?

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Good job on the SDCC Exclusive. I have a quick question on Prince Adam though. Will his back have a slit for the power sword? I'm curious because Adora has one and I'm hoping Adam will too.
    Adam don't have a slit. ToyGuru said that somewhere..
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Has Mattel looked in to the recent black market Tytus and Count Marzo figures coming from China?
    Last edited by Coptur; May 4, 2010 at 08:32pm. Reason: Question change

Heroic Warrior
    N/M. Answered. And that stinks.
    Last edited by cyberv; May 9, 2010 at 01:12pm.
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberv View Post
    From the description of the subscription plan for 2011, it seems to exclude the website release versions of convention items. Is this going to be the case, or will the subscriptions include whatever's in the pipeline for Comicon 2011?
    Unfortunately, this one has already been answered as well. Any convention exclusives will not be included in the sub. There will be at least one time next year that we will all be competing...
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

What's the thing with those ugly trademark stamps on a weapons? Are you going to use them now?
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by sailoruranus View Post
    I want to know why the material used for the furry shorts keeps changing. on Battle armor He-Man and Wun-Dar they're rock hard just like King Grayskull was. What's going on?
    for people other than you that missed it

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...226#5031093226

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    If and when MOTUC gets around to doing a figure of Snout Spout, will he come with 2 heads?

In the MVC comic books, one issue had Eternian Firefighters tackling a blaze. Their bodies looked like Snout Spout's but they had human heads with grey helmets.

For MOTUC Snout Spout can you give him his normal elephant head, but also pack in an alternate head so he can be displayed as an Eternian Firefighter?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Since my previous question got answered already, I get another one.

Now that "oversized" figures are part of the line up, would Modulok and Multi-bot fall under that category with all the spare interchangle parts they come with?

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Since my previous question got answered already, I get another one.

Now that "oversized" figures are part of the line up, would Modulok and Multi-bot fall under that category with all the spare interchangle parts they come with?
    someone already asked this within the last month and the answer was it is currently slated as a normal figure, but that might change when they get to actually doing it

What is the chance of getting a figure checklist poster for the 2011 sub?

Will Mo-Larr's head be removable like other MOTUC figures? I am hoping to switch his head to a spare He-Man body and use some of the Weapons Pak armor & weapons to create a new character for display in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    someone already asked this within the last month and the answer was it is currently slated as a normal figure, but that might change when they get to actually doing it
    Fine, I give up. See you all next month.......

Toyguru, when can we expect to see the DC-MOTU two-packs in Toys r us in Europe? Thanks.

what are the odds of Mattel and LEGO teaming up to do some Masters of the Universe Lego sets?

Would love to have a Castle Greyskull, Snake Mountain, and just about every MOTU character as a mini figure.
    Last edited by gofigure; May 12, 2010 at 07:02am.
    yeaaaahh ..... but then that happened...

THESE TRADERS HAVE THE POWER !!! - Thanks guys!

Widget
    What is the best way to get in on the May 17, 2010 MOTU matty collector toys? Like should I login way before sells start, should I refresh my browser alot, or maybe other ways that I can have a great chance on getting in.

Thanks for the help.