Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Optikk = Man-E-Faces! (He can't be too far off...)

Optikk = Man-E-Faces! (He can't be too far off...)

I'm willing to bet we see Man-Faces by SDCC!

And I'd imagine that we'll get a "working" dial on top of his head, unlike Optikk's faux dial on his back.

Attached Images Attached Images
    – No comment.

I believe its a strong likelihood that we will see him by SDCC
    and by the closing of 2010. I'm hoping for a cardback color scheme
    though.

Oh wow! You are absolutely right!
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

My pictures and albums

Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

Yeah I have a good feeling we'll see him released by the end of the year.

It seems like he could even use a "retooled" version of Optikk's armor, being that it's the same basic shape, or at the very least, one similar that is also removable like his.
    – No comment.

I'd like that. It looks good set up the way you have it. They don't even have to give him the shield or gun. Just change out the chest and head.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Oh yeah, all the parts are there! Arms, legs, crotch peice. As it was stated, all he needs is new armor that goes over the neck and you're set! Still, I wonder how the dial on top will work. If you put on the triple-faced head first, then the armor over it, something on top of the head has to line up inside the top of the armor for the dial to work. Wouldn't be hard, but it seems like something more inventive could be done. Especially since the dial would have to be strong enough to turn the head while plugged into the ball joint.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Sweet. I don't think I could be more stoked. Bring it!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    If you put on the triple-faced head first, then the armor over it, something on top of the head has to line up inside the top of the armor for the dial to work. Wouldn't be hard, but it seems like something more inventive could be done. Especially since the dial would have to be strong enough to turn the head while plugged into the ball joint.
    That's exactly how I was imagining it too!

Maybe if the "neck" peg sits "loose" or "looser" than normal, but still non-removable, it could work to either use the dial on top, or to pose his head without the armor?

Or maybe he could get two heads? One that would attach normally to the neck peg when he didn't have the armor on, and another that would attach to another peg from the top of his head, to the inside top of the armor/top head piece? Like one head with a hole on its bottom, and another with a hole on its top? If that makes sense....
    – No comment.

Well if you have the chest armor connected to the neck piece, it can go all the way up. The head can continue the rest of the look and rotate exactly as Tri-Klops is made. The neck would be an open "cup" with a "window". The head would just be a round cylinder with 3 heads, or even 4 if they want. The top could slightly mushroom at the top so that it would match up with the top of the neck armor. It would allow them to put the head on the ball joint neck without any changes plus even reuse the armor if it's designed right for another character (Stinkor maybe).
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY

Quote Originally Posted by J_Man View Post
    Well if you have the chest armor connected to the neck piece, it can go all the way up. The head can continue the rest of the look and rotate exactly as Tri-Klops is made. The neck would be an open "cup" with a "window". The head would just be a round cylinder with 3 heads, or even 4 if they want. The top could slightly mushroom at the top so that it would match up with the top of the neck armor. It would allow them to put the head on the ball joint neck without any changes plus even reuse the armor if it's designed right for another character (Stinkor maybe).
    Ok, I think I see what you're saying. I do imagine the head(s) to be cylindrical-like with the three faces, but are you saying that in order to change the faces, you would either have to awkwardly stick your finger through the hole in the armor surrounding his face, or you would simply have to take off the top "mushroom" piece and/or the armor, each time you wanted to change his face?

However they do it, I'm confident that the 4Hm will find a clever way to tool him.
    – No comment.

It depends how soon Man-E-Faces will be made. Sure, many parts are already available, but it all depends on which other characters Mattel has planned for the rest of the year.

Man-E-Faces could potentially be available this year, but Mattel could just as easily wait until next year or the year after to release him.
    It depends on the character selection Mattel has in store.

I personally am not holding my breath for MEF to be released soon, just because many of his parts are already available. Adam could have easily been made last year, but we got him this year, almost two years after the start of the line, instead.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    Ok, I think I see what you're saying. I do imagine the head(s) to be cylindrical-like with the three faces, but are you saying that in order to change the faces, you would either have to awkwardly stick your finger through the hole in the armor surrounding his face, or you would simply have to take off the top "mushroom" piece and/or the armor, each time you wanted to change his face?

However they do it, I'm confident that the 4Hm will find a clever way to tool him.
    The whole head would rotate. The whole top of the head would rotate. With the part sitting flush with the neck armor that "mushrooms out", you'd just rotate it. Think of the head part like this:

_________
    |............|
    ..|.0..0.|..
    ..|..--..|..

Sort of thinking of it as a nail head. Don't pay any attention to the dots, I had to put those in so the image would lay out correctly. The faces would be on the body of the neck and the head of the nail would be the compleation of the top part of the armor. You would rotate the nail head's top which rotated the inner body of the nail where the faces are located. The little window on the stationary neck armor allows you to only see one face at a time.
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY

I got it! So simple: Use what we were talking about, ya know, the top armor over the neck. The head would have to go on first, like we said, but the head would go right into the ball joint like normal. The head, though, will just have the dial molded into the top! Then the armor will just have a large hole in the top for the dial to fit through when you lower the armor over the head and shoulders. That way you've got a strong dial to turn, since it's pretty much all one head peice, and the head will turn normally on the ball joint like any of the other heads.

Of course, they could also make the large cylinder part turn like the 200X version, so he can look around. You'd just have to turn the cylinder and then the head.

...dunno why I'm doing this, honestly, since they'll end up doing something completely different. Fun to think about the mechanics, I guess.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

The whole head would rotate. The whole top of the head would rotate. With the part sitting flush with the neck armor that "mushrooms out", you'd just rotate it. Think of the head part like this:

_________
    |............|
    ..|.0..0.|..
    ..|..--..|..

Sort of thinking of it as a nail head. Don't pay any attention to the dots, I had to put those in so the image would lay out correctly. The faces would be on the body of the neck and the head of the nail would be the compleation of the top part of the armor. You would rotate the nail head's top which rotated the inner body of the nail where the faces are located. The little window on the stationary neck armor allows you to only see one face at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I got it! So simple: Use what we were talking about, ya know, the top armor over the neck. The head would have to go on first, like we said, but the head would go right into the ball joint like normal. The head, though, will just have the dial molded into the top! Then the armor will just have a large hole in the top for the dial to fit through when you lower the armor over the head and shoulders. That way you've got a strong dial to turn, since it's pretty much all one head peice, and the head will turn normally on the ball joint like any of the other heads.

Of course, they could also make the large cylinder part turn like the 200X version, so he can look around. You'd just have to turn the cylinder and then the head.

...dunno why I'm doing this, honestly, since they'll end up doing something completely different. Fun to think about the mechanics, I guess.
    Ahh, yes. I get it. I see what both of you are saying now!
    I think that should work, and if the neck armor piece could turn as well like the 200x figure, then yeah, that'd be even better!

Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN
    It depends how soon Man-E-Faces will be made. Sure, many parts are already available, but it all depends on which other characters Mattel has planned for the rest of the year.

Man-E-Faces could potentially be available this year, but Mattel could just as easily wait until next year or the year after to release him.
    It depends on the character selection Mattel has in store.

I personally am not holding my breath for MEF to be released soon, just because many of his parts are already available. Adam could have easily been made last year, but we got him this year, almost two years after the start of the line, instead.
    True he may not come this year, but I'd say definitely no later than next year, if they want to make the most out of their retooling and reusing of figures. Because yeah, so far, they could have given us six He-man variants in a row just because they could (1st issue He-Man, then DCUC He-Man, then BA He-Man, then Wun-Dar, then 2nd issue He-Man, then Prince Adam) but of course they didn't and wouldn't, because who would want all those variants in a row, in the first year, in a span of six months? No one, probably. But if you can reuse 70-80% of a previous character/figure, to make a completely different, non-variant figure of another character, than that would be most cost effective, and make the most marketing sense. Especially at the beginning, when only the first six figures were guaranteed for release, it would make sense to release newly retooled/reused figures based on those first six, maybe not all of them, but I'd say most of them. And it has been stated by Toyguru that the retooling and reusing factor does play a big part in deciding which characters/figures will be up next for production.
    Last edited by Neutro; May 2, 2010 at 07:05pm.
    – No comment.

Here's you more of the idea. I really roughly put this together and grabbed a vintage figure to make it even easier to do:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY

Great idea! But i hope in a style more vintage, and in a heads nterchangeable!

Here's you more of the idea. I really roughly put this together and grabbed a vintage figure to make it even easier to do:
    LOL! That is too funny looking! ...and thanks, I do get what you're saying.
    – No comment.

Regardless of how it is accomplished, I am realy excited about adding Man-E to my Classics collection. I will be very interested to see his Bio; I'm hoping for a very mini-comics-esque story, but I would love to know why he appears to e somewhat of a cyborg beforehand...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I guess the crotchpiece helps, but otherwise there are no new pieces for Manny. The arms & legs were already produced for Trapjaw, and Optikk's armor/head look nothing like Manny. Weapons don't help for Manny either.

Though still, I'm sure we'll see him soon enough.
    Last edited by Wulff; May 2, 2010 at 11:35pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Great mock-up Neutro! I do hope we get Manny or Mek in 2011. Buzz-Off and Rammy would be lovely as well, but I understand the need to space these guys out and I support that. It'll be great to add an important Master to the collection though.

His bio has me curious as well; gotta agree w/ Uki on the mini-comics-esque-ness (ha) thought. Something kind of kitschy, keeping in-line with his protrayal on the 200X series as an actor would be all kinds of cool in my book!
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Here is an earlier mock up that was posted by Rex-203 and myself when Optikk was first shown at the art show in January. It also shows how similar the parts of Optikk and Man-E-Faces are. I am still hoping we finally get the flesh tone version.

Man-E-Faces has to be coming soon! At least I hope so. Good to see further mock ups that show this as being possible!
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Neutro your mock-up is beautiful, but I do not really think that we'l have the alternating faces action feature, we'll probably have 3 faces under the helm to be manually replaced.

Regarding the gun - Manefaces pistol was different fro many other guns of the Motu and I expect that Mattel will produce a weapon with the correct shape. Reusing Optikk shield and pistol would be silly and would surely enrage most of us.
    Last edited by Sea of sorrow; May 3, 2010 at 03:03am.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea of sorrow View Post
    Neutro your mock-up is beautiful, but I do not really think that we'l have the alternating faces action feature, we'll probably have 3 faces under the helm to be manually replaced.

Regarding the gun - Manefaces pistol was different fro many other guns of the Motu and I expect that Mattel will produce a weapon with the correct shape. Reusing Optikk shield and pistol would be silly and would surely enrage most of us.
    I don't think he meant for the Optikk weapons to be used with MEF, they were just in the pic so he worked with 'em.

As for the action feature: they said they'd do features if they didn't get in the way of the sculpt, and as we've been pointing out in the thread, it'll be REAL easy! They did the interchangeable plates on BA He-Man because they would have had to tool a whole new torso to get the feature to work. With 'ol Man-E, all they need is a new armor peice with the setup we've been talking about above! Simple as that. So there's no need to do a ridiculous "Swap-E-Faces."

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    With Mattel's new statement: "There will be some “action features” like moving jaws, gears, headgear etc."
    I'm positive Man-E-Faces will have some sort of gear with moves his "headgear" around

I love the flesh tone mock-up version of Man-E-Faces, Hordak & Rex-203!
    Especially the way the collar/helmet part is all the way blue instead of partially orange/flesh tone. It never made sense to me that part was orange.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

I'm hoping he has the dark, bronze tan that the original figure had. He just doesn't look right with the normal skin tone to me.

That mock-up pic is a little too bright and a little too orange; the original figure was more of a darker, flesh tone than actually being bright orange. He almost had the dark, Clawful skin tone. I tweaked the colors slightly in the photo to what I hope we end up getting.

Last edited by DarthBrett; May 3, 2010 at 11:42am.