Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Optikk = Man-E-Faces! (He can't be too far off...)

After seeing the comparisons, I think it's a safe bet the Man-E is right around the corner.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    Man-E-Faces could potentially be available this year, but Mattel could just as easily wait until next year or the year after to release him.
    It depends on the character selection Mattel has in store.
    I was going to say I'd be surprised not to see him by year's end, but your comments give me pause. He is something of a big gun, and thus might be saved until a little further down the line.

As for his head, I imagine the "head" will be part of the chestpiece and just set on the empty neck (no neck peg). I'd RRREEEEAAAALLLLYYYY rather they simply make three heads and give him the standard neck post so you could basically stick ANY head in there, giving him a feature beyond what they original could do. Someone on another board suggested that, and I think it's a brilliant idea on more than one count: it allows you to do more with him AND would require less complicated tooling for the helmet. Just make a one-piece ches and helmet you remove to switch heads.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

i honestly hope hes coming soon, i agree you guys are right on how important he is and the likelyhood of mattel holding off is very high, but i would still be extremely excited to see him sooner rather than later.

on a side note, i dont know if its been discussed that mattel picking up "the outer space men" as a property and already talking about doing a character named "Metamorpho" which is EXACTLY like man-e-faces. He has the same head structure, and i am willing to bet that whenever we see man-e-faces, the metamorpho mold will follow with the re-used parts, or vice versa.

i think man-e-faces is closer to production based off the fact mattel said they plan to do metamorpho soon. its almost a complete mirror image of designs.

Quote Originally Posted by victoryleo19 View Post
    i think man-e-faces is closer to production based off the fact mattel said they plan to do metamorpho soon. its almost a complete mirror image of designs.
    The Outer Space Men are being licensed by the Four Horsemen, not Mattel. And I believe they are in 4" scale, not 6".

Quote Originally Posted by Sea of sorrow View Post
    Neutro your mock-up is beautiful, but I do not really think that we'l have the alternating faces action feature, we'll probably have 3 faces under the helm to be manually replaced.

Regarding the gun - Manefaces pistol was different fro many other guns of the Motu and I expect that Mattel will produce a weapon with the correct shape. Reusing Optikk shield and pistol would be silly and would surely enrage most of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I don't think he meant for the Optikk weapons to be used with MEF, they were just in the pic so he worked with 'em.
    He's right, just workin' with what I had.

And thanks everyone for all the nice comments! It was honestly just a pretty quick mock-up, as you'll notice I even left in Optikk's "ab cover" with the wires on it; although I gotta say, I think it kinda fits with Man-E too!
    – No comment.

i agree i like the ab covering as well as black on his upper legs

yeah and he'll probably come with 2 extra heads, so 3 heads in all, considering battle armor he-mans armor, each battle damage removeable, more of a pain than anything.

so no original man-e-faces where the dial turns, but it will be a 3 head removable man-e-faces instead, i bet money on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto69 View Post
    i agree i like the ab covering as well as black on his upper legs
    Hey you're right, I didn't even realize I left those parts of his legs black, but I agree I like it too.

Quote Originally Posted by StaticX999 View Post
    yeah and he'll probably come with 2 extra heads, so 3 heads in all, considering battle armor he-mans armor, each battle damage removeable, more of a pain than anything.

so no original man-e-faces where the dial turns, but it will be a 3 head removable man-e-faces instead, i bet money on that.
    I don't know about the three separate heads, Ive got a feeling the Four Horsemen are gonna surprise us with a working turnstile type feature like the original. We'll see soon enough I think.
    – No comment.

yeah, I'd rather the rotating faces and not 3 seperate heads. I mean, he is called Man-E-Faces and not Man-E-Heads! HA!
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

Very strongly do I prefer to have 3 rotating faces for any MOTUC Man-E figure. I don't care if they have to sacrifice the head-swapping nature of the figure to achieve it.

Tri-Klops was able to have rotating eyes - Man-E should keep his rotating 3 heads, Man ... Robot ... Monster ... COOL!

i'm really excited for Optikk, but what's the point of 2 different heads / eye with a different color eye