Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Tytus Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Tytus Video Review by Pixel Dan

Tytus has arrived! Enjoy!

And as always, I'll be happy to answer any additional questions you might have!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Thank you. Thank you. Did I say Thank you ?
    You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing. George Benard Shaw.

EXCELLENT review Dan!!! I have not been on the org in a week or so...I am happy to come back to see your review as the first thing. AWESOME!!!

I however...may not be getting Tytus. I think he's cool. Maybe not worth the $ to me though.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Now that's a killer intro!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Great review Dan. That is a shame about the head, as I was hoping he could at least look down at the other figures when I put him in different poses.

Wow! That articulation stinks! He does look awesome though. Thanks again Dan!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Ryno View Post
    EXCELLENT review Dan!!! I have not been on the org in a week or so...I am happy to come back to see your review as the first thing. AWESOME!!!

I however...may not be getting Tytus. I think he's cool. Maybe not worth the $ to me though.
    yea same for me a $40 rotocast fig with major failure in the articulation dpt. is a no no for me.
    DEALT WITH:
    BMF,Bob-Man,dyecustoms,Grayskulls Fakor, Gorgeous Galvin D, anti-hero,vbpanizzi,Count_Cooku,Tenebrouser, H.A.L.9000

feedback thread:http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185108

Thanks for the great review, Dan.

Neat Intro. But um, because of the lack of articulation, Tytus kinda stinks.
    Color me disappointed. Thanks Dan.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Yeah, the articulation is indeed a let down. I'm happy to own a Tytus, for sure. But it sucks that he can't really be posed much, and his weapon isn't held too well since his arm keeps falling.

Thanks for the review. I think Tytus looks great sculpt-wise, but otherwise it seems like a really cheaply made figure that's overpriced. The articulation is worse than I thought it would be...$40 for that??

Why did they have to make his loin cloth so hard?

Widget
    awesome review Dan. He is definitely cool, articulation not a biggie.
    i will attempt to get him but I won't be sick if I don't. He will probably sell out in less then a minute. Keldor is the one I can't wait for.

BTW guys, I'm serious about his weapon possibly scratching paint. After filming, I noticed that my Hordak has big scratches of paint missing on the back of his cowl now. So, be careful with it!

Awesome review as always, Dan! I love the new intro, with the lightning and all!

I have to agree with everyone that the articulation is a big let down, especially for the $40 price tag. Considering the lack of articulation, and because it is roto-cast, I really don't think the price is justified, especially compared to what we got with Battle Cat for $30. So because of his size, $30 would seem more reasonable, but $40 is too much.

The sculpt looks great though, and it is exciting to be able to have this character in the new collection, so I will still look forward to getting him despite the price.

Thanks again for the awesome reviews man. We always look forward to them!

Wow, I expected the same shoulders as the 200X figures...
    I would have preferred that A LOT more than the boot and waist articulation

Thanks for the review!

The weapon is horrible. Anybody know of good inscale weapons from other lines?
    Mayby Spy Magician can give us a big axe or warhammer!

Great review as always!

Even though articulation and size of the figure are a little bit of a let down, I'm still going to be there on the 17th battling to get myself a Tytus (mostly because of nostalgia).

-Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Once again an awesome review, Dan. Thanks!

I'm still not that sure about this month though. Optikk and Tytus are two characters that I really feel no connection towards but they are not bad figures at all. I'm still not sure what I'm going to try to order. Part of me wants to stay away from the headache of trying to order them within the seconds available and the other part of me says go for it and it wont be that bad if I miss out since I'm not really that big on these characters anyways. I just may bite, still a little unsure.

The way his arm kept slowly going down with his figure picker-upper weapon kept making me think of a metal detector for some reason. Like beeeep beeeep BEEEEEEEP panning for Eternium or something.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I agree that $30 would have been a much more fair price for a rotocast figure with one weapon.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Tytus is a hero but he is kind of cool being that Megator is close by. The articulation, while lackluster, is not that important to me as my figures are posed standing up anyways. I hope to get him this month on the sale date. Good show, Pixel D. Definitely worth the price of admission.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Great intro Dan! It's awesome.

He looks great but now that you made a comment about him looking like Conan, I'm always going to hear Arnold's voice coming out of him. (damn) I'm a MOC'er so articulation not a problem. I can't wait to display him with the rest.

humph?

Well I wanted 2. 1 loose 1 packaged . Now if I can score 1 I'll be ok with that awesome looking but that can be done inside the box.
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I'm not really all that busted up over the lack of articulation.

Since I pretty much just open them and put them on a shelf, I'm not missing much!

Thanks for the review, Dan!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

My Review Of Your Review..

Great review, Dan!!

My thoughts:

--Your intros are crazy good!! So far we have Snake Mountain, and Grayskull... Will you have others prepared for the other factions?

--After seeing Tytus @ C2E2, I'm absolutely sold on him.

--I'm not really concerned about articulation that much. The whole point of Tytus, is that he's supposed to be displaying his height in comparison to the other figures. What sense would it make to have him sitting down? Therefore, I could care less as to how far his legs bend. Besides, there's not animal or playset that would feasibly big enough to hold him anyway.

--So the "G" stands for Grayskull? Hm. I'd always thought it stood for Giant. Either, way, I've never really understood the point of having an Earth english alphabet letter on a different planet, but whatever.

--My only downside is that stupid Hoover vacuum that he carries around. Not only is it not a sensible accessory, it also just causes way too many problems, like Dan demonstrated in his review.

--I'm surprised to hear people complaining about the price for Tytus. It's already been stated, that the articulation was lessened, in order to have him fit within the price point. It's been specifically stated by Mattel and TG that more articulation would've more than doubled the cost for him.

--In lieu of (or in addition to) having the Hoover vacuum thingy, I would've liked to have seen some other weapon, perhaps a club at least. But oh well, I'm sure somebody will customize something for him at some point, like they did with the Zodac swords.

All in all, great review as usual, Dan. Very professional in form an execution.
    Last edited by SAMURAI36; May 4, 2010 at 12:33pm.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Thanks for the great review, Dan. Seeing his size, I do have one important question... Will he fit inside a Detolf shelf?
    Cheers,
    TuShan

My Deviantart Page