Thread: Does the Fall of Eternia mini-comics lead in the DC MOTU comics/storyline

Heroic Warrior

Does the Fall of Eternia mini-comics lead in the DC MOTU comics/storyline

So, based on the events that were shown at the end of the new mini-comic with characters/images that were only seen before during the begining of the DC MOTU comics and seeing that DC Comics are the ones who did the new mini-comic that comes with the Unnamed One, can we assume that the story that we are getting from DC Comics run are the events that fallow after the Fall of Eternia storyline in this mini-comic and in part 2, which is coming as well?

I don't know. I think that a lot of the deaths we've seen in the MOTUC mini-comics (read: Hordak) do not fully line up with the DC series.

Heroic Warrior
    DC Comics canon is different from the official MOTUC canon. Despara for example in DC canon is Adora during her years as Horde's Force Captain. In the MOTUC canon we don't know yet. Skeletor's Havoc Staff appearance has a different origin between the DC and MOTUC canon.

no, I think it's shoehorning in Despara design just to commit the design as a Mattel Property, which I understand and appreciate. They know that of it all, the DC Despara is the top bidder for most wanted toy.

Mind you sure why not, it could fit into the before the DC story starts. But I feel it's more likely that it is what it is intended: lead in to the future of the line. I think like all of MOTUC, it is brilliantly adding up all the various unrelated stories into one continuity, so for Adora to revert to the Despara identity after taking over the Horde again is briliant meta thinking. Works it all back in.

No.

MOTUC bios and the story in DC Comics are two different canons.

DC Comics' story is by Mattel's Rob David and Lloyd Goldfine. And yeah it has some base-roots taken from MOTUC stuff, but it goes in its own path separate from Bios-story.

Despara appearing in mini-comic does seem to come from the popularity that the character has gotten, ever since her digital comic-issue appearance.

I don't think it's leading into the DC continuity unless they do a time loop or time travel. I feel like they are just using the DC designs to get them introduced to those who don't read the comics. I personally really want the new skeletor design as a figure.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I don't think it's leading into the DC continuity unless they do a time loop or time travel. I feel like they are just using the DC designs to get them introduced to those who don't read the comics. I personally really want the new skeletor design as a figure.
    I agree, I really like that design with the havoc staff helmet - although the mini comic one differs slightly to the DC one, it has some of Evil-Lyn's head piece pieces on it.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    DC is just the publisher. Toyguru is credited as writing these, so I'm pretty sure it is his own, separate story. In terms of continuity, one big sticking point off the top of my head is that in the MOTUC mini-comics, Adam and the other Masters clearly know who Adora is and have worked with her, whereas in the DC continuity, Adora had been in service to Hordak her whole life, and the first time she comes back to Eternia is when she shows up with her invasion force.

Also, in the DC continuity Horde Prime is Hordak's father, not brother, and he has been dead for millions of years.