Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BLADE in the MOTUC

Hybrid View

BLADE in the MOTUC

I'm NOT talking about "SMASH BLADE..." anything here!

The character BLADE, who appeared in the '87 film, was one of the few lucky ones that actually got a figure in the vintage toyline.

I've always been one who preferred the human characters, and I've always had alot of fondness for Tri-Klops, Evil Lyn, and Jitsu for their presence in the villain camp.

While that 80's figure was definitely awesome for it's day, I am really anxious to see how the MOTUC will handle him. BLADE is always in my personal "Top 10" for the MOTUC, but I'm in a minority here on the org. I'm fearful he may be one of the last figures we see joining the new line.

What do you think about him? Is there any fan support out there for this character?

Last edited by PrinceAdam101; September 5, 2011 at 02:06am.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I'll buy it.

I've always been surprised by how well they did the figure back in the 80's when compared to Saurod and Gwildor.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Oh heck yeah! Skelly always has a use for skilled swordsmen; can't just leave all that jazz to Tri-Klops! The 4H will blow this one out of the water, I know that much. The design is just awesome, so there's no way this guy will end up boring!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I never had the original, but I am eager to get Blade in Classics. I think he's an interesting character. I can't wait for his Bio! And hey, we already have his whip!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Oh heck yeah! Skelly always has a use for skilled swordsmen; can't just leave all that jazz to Tri-Klops! The 4H will blow this one out of the water, I know that much. The design is just awesome, so there's no way this guy will end up boring!
    i agree, i'd sell my starwars stuff to buy one, jk, really, but blade is awsome, i think as a exclusive they should do a movie pack, blade saurod skeletor and he-man, all in movie garb! gwildor could be a single carded figure!

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Love Blade as much as I love almost every MotU character.
    That proto-head is awesome. Just a question: Does he has beard or exposed gums?
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Blade is one of my favorite MotU characters, too!

I guess the prototype head could be a cool bonus, but I'd probably also prefer more weapons if it were a tooling budget conflict.

I cant wait to see Saurod and Blade in MOTUC. It would be nice to have one of them soon as we have MOTU, POP, NA, 200X, POG and early mini-comic characters all we need now are a Snake man and a movie character to have covered almost all aspects of MOTU over the years.
    Hopefully the new version will be able to store both swords on his belt! Wonder if he will come with that laser whip?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    Wonder if he will come with that laser whip?
    Probably not, but coincidentally the weapons pack has a red whip. You could always assign it to Blade if we get him...

I'll buy it for sure! I love this characters and the others from the film such as Saurod, Rio blast ecc..For the design the same of vintage figures!

Oh absolutely! Blade is in my Top 10 MOTU figures as well, along with Gwildor (though both get bumped if we are talking MOTU/POP/NA as a whole).

My Weapons Pack whip and He-Man are waiting for him.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Oh absolutely! Blade is in my Top 10 MOTU figures as well, along with Gwildor (though both get bumped if we are talking MOTU/POP/NA as a whole).

My Weapons Pack whip and He-Man are waiting for him.
    Funny @ the whip comment!

I'm wanting Gwildor, too. I can overlook the annoyances in the film's characterization. He's a unique hero!

It's a figure I'm looking forward to for sure. It would be nice to see at least one of the movie figures in the line soon.

Bring on Blade! I can't wait to see him in this line!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

All those late MOTU figures (Gwildor, Saurod, Rio Blast, etc.) would rocking hard because amazing work of The 4 Hoursemen. Believe me!

+ Blade would Kick-Ass!
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Blade is an amazing figure. One of the coolest characters to ever appear in the original toyline. I would buy one in a heartbeat!
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Blade is an amazing figure. One of the coolest characters to ever appear in the original toyline. I would buy one in a heartbeat!
    Sums it up for me

He's actually the only movie character (that they can make with current knowledge) that I actually Want!

I need him for this line to feel "All-inclusive" like it's supposed to be, and so far is going good.

I hope he is the first Movie charachter to be made in classics.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

Blade in MOTUC: How Do You Want Him?

I was looking at PoP catalogue stuff and came across an early prototype of Blade. Do you guys want 2 Blade heads and a swap out chest piece like Bow?

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Classic figure style, with a swappable prototype head.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Yeah, I'll gladly take two swappable heads, however one would
    suffice.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think the opposite eye patch and giant razor, metal teeth are quite interesting on that prototype!

I forgot to say, I would like both heads and it would be cool to get both chest symbols too that swap out (like Bow). Those are the real main differences between the two Blades.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I think the opposite eye patch and giant razor, metal teeth are quite interesting on that prototype!

I forgot to say, I would like both heads and it would be cool to get both chest symbols too that swap out (like Bow). Those are the real main differences between the two Blades.
    Agreed; the less he has to look like Baraka from Mortal Kombat, the better.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I was looking at PoP catalogue stuff and came across an early prototype of Blade. Do you guys want 2 Blade heads and a swap out chest piece like Bow?
    If I'm not mistaken, I think carlo actually owns that prototype Blade.

But to answer your questions...I think it would be great to get those extras. The vicious look of the prototype Blade is cooler looking to me.

The Offical MOTUC Blade Thread

The 1987 movie film barely had any new characters in it (Blade, Saurod, Gwildor, Karg, Worruck(conceptul), Pigboy) so any characters represented from this media will be much appreciated. Blade is a awesome character, in that he is one of the only humans to be part of skelators evil warriors, and i assume he got there because he of his intensity and subreb swordfighter, training skelators warriors in melee combat. Hoping he comes soon.