Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BLADE in the MOTUC

BLADE in the MOTUC

I'm NOT talking about "SMASH BLADE..." anything here!

The character BLADE, who appeared in the '87 film, was one of the few lucky ones that actually got a figure in the vintage toyline.

I've always been one who preferred the human characters, and I've always had alot of fondness for Tri-Klops, Evil Lyn, and Jitsu for their presence in the villain camp.

While that 80's figure was definitely awesome for it's day, I am really anxious to see how the MOTUC will handle him. BLADE is always in my personal "Top 10" for the MOTUC, but I'm in a minority here on the org. I'm fearful he may be one of the last figures we see joining the new line.

What do you think about him? Is there any fan support out there for this character?

Last edited by PrinceAdam101; September 5, 2011 at 02:06am.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I'll buy it.

I've always been surprised by how well they did the figure back in the 80's when compared to Saurod and Gwildor.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Oh heck yeah! Skelly always has a use for skilled swordsmen; can't just leave all that jazz to Tri-Klops! The 4H will blow this one out of the water, I know that much. The design is just awesome, so there's no way this guy will end up boring!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I cant wait to see Saurod and Blade in MOTUC. It would be nice to have one of them soon as we have MOTU, POP, NA, 200X, POG and early mini-comic characters all we need now are a Snake man and a movie character to have covered almost all aspects of MOTU over the years.
    Hopefully the new version will be able to store both swords on his belt! Wonder if he will come with that laser whip?

It's a figure I'm looking forward to for sure. It would be nice to see at least one of the movie figures in the line soon.

Bring on Blade! I can't wait to see him in this line!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

All those late MOTU figures (Gwildor, Saurod, Rio Blast, etc.) would rocking hard because amazing work of The 4 Hoursemen. Believe me!

+ Blade would Kick-Ass!
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    Wonder if he will come with that laser whip?
    Probably not, but coincidentally the weapons pack has a red whip. You could always assign it to Blade if we get him...

Blade is an amazing figure. One of the coolest characters to ever appear in the original toyline. I would buy one in a heartbeat!

I'll buy it for sure! I love this characters and the others from the film such as Saurod, Rio blast ecc..For the design the same of vintage figures!

Oh absolutely! Blade is in my Top 10 MOTU figures as well, along with Gwildor (though both get bumped if we are talking MOTU/POP/NA as a whole).

My Weapons Pack whip and He-Man are waiting for him.

I never had the original, but I am eager to get Blade in Classics. I think he's an interesting character. I can't wait for his Bio! And hey, we already have his whip!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Oh absolutely! Blade is in my Top 10 MOTU figures as well, along with Gwildor (though both get bumped if we are talking MOTU/POP/NA as a whole).

My Weapons Pack whip and He-Man are waiting for him.
    Funny @ the whip comment!

I'm wanting Gwildor, too. I can overlook the annoyances in the film's characterization. He's a unique hero!

I'm wondering if Mattel has the Trademark to the name Blade anymore since Marvel has it. Is it generic enough where they can both make figures? Has this ever been asked? I might have to pull up the Trademark threads and see if it's been renewed.

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I'm wondering if Mattel has the Trademark to the name Blade anymore since Marvel has it. Is it generic enough where they can both make figures? Has this ever been asked? I might have to pull up the Trademark threads and see if it's been renewed.
    I often say this when Blade comes up. I wouldn't think he'd be call Blade as Marvel's Blade is quite iconic and likely trademarked
    Last edited by Coptur; June 20, 2011 at 10:01am.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Please do, and tell us what you find! Something like that could gum up the works for the release of this character, right?

There's always ways around the copyright deal. "Evil Henchman Blade", "Swordsman Blade", or whichever. That's about all that's required to get around a copyright like that. I'd be fine with it. He's a character I do want to see.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Saurod is my absolute favorite movie character. I don't believe Skeletor killed him in the movie, just transported him to some hideous dungeon somewhere! I loved making my vintage toy Saurod spark up ... sadly now he is out of spark

But I would certainly support a Blade figure released in MOTUC! Mattel cannot cheap out on this figure, they need to give him the unique sculpting of his original figure.

We were spoilt with Moss Man's knife, so I hope Blade comes with some removable throwing daggers. Most likely attached to his boots (I cannot see how at the scale of the toys Mattel could make removable knives on the thigh bands).

I agree with Rodster6, the MOTUC Blade needs sheaths for both swords, not just one.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    I'd definitely take a Blade figure - he's been in my top wants for quite awhile. I think we are due to see one of the three movie figures next year. It is one of the only areas the classics line hasn't dipped its toes into yet.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Heroic Warrior
    yes, Blade was definitely a bad ass!!! I'll get him too.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm sure we'll see him eventually. He's one of my favorites as a kid. I remember he was the first movie figure I saw and I just had to have him.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I haven't found anything yet except for a reference to him in another thread stating that the Trademark is dead. I haven't had much luck searching on the US trademark site. Maybe someone with more searching patience can help out.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Bring on Blade! Skeletor needs more human villains!!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I think this quote speaks volumes of what a lot of people might be thinking on getting a new Blade figure.

"I've waited a long time for this." -Blade

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    The red whip from the weapons pak is a nod to the Blade´s red whip, but I hope that if Blade is released, he comes with a translucent red whip in order to give an "energy whip" to him.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove