Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BLADE in the MOTUC

I want Blade and Saurod since I never had either of them, and they both have interesting designs. I can't wait to see what the 4H do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Blade is an amazing figure. One of the coolest characters to ever appear in the original toyline. I would buy one in a heartbeat!
    Sums it up for me

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I recently saw Anthony Delongis (the guy who played Blade and Skeletor during the swordfight at the end with Dolph) on Deadliest Warrior. Maybe Toyguru could give him a Blade figure...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I think all Skeletor's mercenaries are cool looking characters, Blade's dialog with He-man at the junkyard gave us a hint that he's an important secondary villain.

I definitely want a Blade figure! His vintage figure had an awesome unique sculpt. I can't wait to see what they do with him in the Classics line!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    I hope we'll get Blade or Saurod soon !

For Blade, I'd like a sheath for both swords, and small throwing knives.

His design is not very complex, so I think the 4 Horsemen will be able to make him look fantastic !

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    I hope we'll get Blade or Saurod soon !

For Blade, I'd like a sheath for both swords, and small throwing knives.

His design is not very complex, so I think the 4 Horsemen will be able to make him look fantastic !
    And Karg too!

One big plus on a MOTUC Blade design is the sash thingie he wears around his waist. His crotch is completely covered by it, all the way to his knees.

I wonder how they are going to manage making those characters who are wearing "crotch huggers". They redesigned Adora's hotpants, but that won't work for many characters.

At least Blade won't suffer from that. They can retool the standard arms, chest, and upper legs. I know there would need to be some work done. I hope they don't consider Blade to be a "toughie" to make...
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

what a great idea for a figure! i loved blade as a kid, i hope we get a new version of him soon, without saurod coming up after that!

Blade is actually one of the select few (just 3) I have still carded from the vintage line. I love him and have always had to make an extraordinary effort not to tear that card open. Seeing him in the MOTUC line would be sooo cool and I would finally get a chance to play with him.
    Let the power return!!

Elder Councilman
    Blade is one I'll take, but am not super excited for...every time I look at him, I'm reminded of Baraka from Mortal Kombat.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

I can't wait for Blade and Saurod and even Gwildor if he comes with a cosmic key.

yeah blade would be an awsome figure, i really hope they make him!

What if Blade was actually a stuntman in the MOTUC universe? Total homage to the actor...

Saurod and Blade = Cooooool! Karg I couldn't care less about.

It seems Blade had two looks, two distinct head designs. There was the toy we got but there was also a different prototype head where the eye-patch was silver and on the right eye and he had some metal grill covering the mouth.

In addition to all the little knives and stuff I hope a MOTUC Blade figure will have, I hope they make him with both heads.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I'm with those who have voiced their support for a Blade figure--he was one of my favorites, too. In fact, he was usually the henchman I'd choose over Tri-Klops, Beastman, etc. when playing with them as a kid.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I'm wondering if Mattel has the Trademark to the name Blade anymore since Marvel has it. Is it generic enough where they can both make figures? Has this ever been asked? I might have to pull up the Trademark threads and see if it's been renewed.
    interesting...

there's also a character from the Puppet Master movies called Blade. I don't see any reason why all three can't coexist in the toy world. the swordsman, the vampire killer, & the killer puppet... imagine that conversation when they are introducing themselves.... 'I'm Blade'. 'no, I'm Blade'. 'You can't be Blade, because that's my name'. 'Want to fight about it?'

since Blade had a figure in the vintage line, he's definitely doable in this line. I always preferred Tri-klops over Blade, myself. And by no means am I a huge fan of the 'human' looking characters. I like my 'aliens' to look more 'alien'. having aliens that look human is cheap & lazy imo.

blade was cool in the movie & all, but i always believed it should have been Tri-klops in his place & the filmmakers were too lazy to make Tri-klops so they had this generic human pirate guy instead. Saurod should have been kobra khan & gwildor should have been Orko. i never understood the reason to make up new characters when they had such a rich variety to choose from already.

of course, i'm not sure how the movie figs will fit in with the rest. cartoons are one thing, live action is another. I'm sure the 4hm will do a bang up job on any character they make, even gwildor.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Space + Pirate = Awesome

Simple equation

I prefer Saurod over Blade. I hope they eventually get the rights to make movie figures. So many more i want.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I like Blade! I wonder if his name will remain the same.
    I think Gwildor will be the first Movie figure in MOTUC, but I hope Blade will be the 2nd at the very least!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

I'd love to see Blade as well as Gwildor. I can't wait to see what the 4H can do with him. If not included, the red Weapons Pack whip will surely be displayed with mine.
    Who has the Power?

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Though I'm bummed that we'll never get to see a full-on 200x-style 4H reinterpretation, I'll be more than happy to get my MOTUC version.

MOTUC Blade will rule yo faces!!!

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    swords, a spikey beard guard and an eyepatch what else can you want?
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Blade is awesome, can't wait for him and Saurod. I forgot which comic it was in but it had that Webstor was in fact Blade and went through some kind of change. Does anyone else remember this?