Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: BLADE in the MOTUC

Blade could end up looking somethink like this

i hope we´ll get him soon, because the boots could be used for a lot of other carachters

Heroic Warrior
    A small reminder for distracted persons :

Mattel told us that the ONLY figures from the movie that were possible for MOTUC were the ones that were released in the 80's, WHICH MEANS SAUROD, BLADE, AND GWILDOR.

As much as I'd like a Karg MOTUC figure, this character is off-limits, alas !

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    A small reminder for distracted persons :

Mattel told us that the ONLY figures from the movie that were possible for MOTUC were the ones that were released in the 80's, WHICH MEANS SAUROD, BLADE, AND GWILDOR.

As much as I'd like a Karg MOTUC figure, this character is off-limits, alas !
    That Karg was one ugly critter but he still deserves his chance at MOTUC glory!

Cool pic THE RAW! I hope they give him 1 or 2 removable throwing knives in those leg bands (about same size as Moss Man's knife) and that extra prototype head.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

Blade in MOTUC: How Do You Want Him?

I was looking at PoP catalogue stuff and came across an early prototype of Blade. Do you guys want 2 Blade heads and a swap out chest piece like Bow?

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Classic figure style, with a swappable prototype head.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Yeah, I'll gladly take two swappable heads, however one would
    suffice.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think the opposite eye patch and giant razor, metal teeth are quite interesting on that prototype!

I forgot to say, I would like both heads and it would be cool to get both chest symbols too that swap out (like Bow). Those are the real main differences between the two Blades.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I think the opposite eye patch and giant razor, metal teeth are quite interesting on that prototype!

I forgot to say, I would like both heads and it would be cool to get both chest symbols too that swap out (like Bow). Those are the real main differences between the two Blades.
    Agreed; the less he has to look like Baraka from Mortal Kombat, the better.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

LOL

I just realized, that the prototype Blade appears in the movie-adaptation comic.
    Never noticed it as a kid.

He appears that way in the comic, and is a silent character, so completly different to the movie.

In regards to the original question, the way I want him is coming soon!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    In regards to the original question, the way I want him is coming soon!
    QFT!

Blade is a figure that definitely needs two heads (vintage toy and prototype) and also the swapable armor insignia (as per Bow).

I also want to see him come with separate throwing knives, not just sculpted as part of his legs etc.

A yellow skinned DCvsMOTU 2 pak comic version of Blade would also be AWESOME! He would look like Evil Lyn's brother.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    LOL

I just realized, that the prototype Blade appears in the movie-adaptation comic.
    Never noticed it as a kid.
    I noticed it. Didn't He-man refer to him as 'Silent one'? I remember finding that very odd.

Im not sure if that was supposed to be big razor teeth or some sort of muzzle.
    Maybe Mattel thought it just looked too extreme for an action figure.
    I quite liked the comics designs on a lot of the characters though. It felt more like MOTU than the movie did.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

I would expect both the vintage and prototype heads to be included with Blade if/when it is released.

I could take or leave the swapable insignia on the chest. Being the Horsemen have set a precedent with Bow's heart/circle, I say they should at least go for it with Blade. But, if there is any "low-hanging fruit" that needs to be cut for budgeting concerns, I can definitely forego the interchangable chest insignia.
    I have many MOC MOTUC figures available for sale/trade here and SDCC exclusives for sale/trade here.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Crusher View Post
    I would expect both the vintage and prototype heads to be included with Blade if/when it is released.

I could take or leave the swapable insignia on the chest. Being the Horsemen have set a precedent with Bow's heart/circle, I say they should at least go for it with Blade. But, if there is any "low-hanging fruit" that needs to be cut for budgeting concerns, I can definitely forego the interchangable chest insignia.
    Good point!

If cost is a limiting factor, then my preference is in this cumulative order:
    - 2nd head
    - separate throwing knives
    - swapable chest insignias

Last edited by Swanmarsh; September 2, 2010 at 10:28am.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

yeah two heads please.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    This figure demands two heads. The human one and the prototype one. I have no doubt Blade will eventually come to the MOTUC line.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

maybe the sheaths holding the (probably non-removable) throwing knives will be made like Beastman's shoulder armor (in order to use standard legs and throw extra sheaths on future Weapons packs)
    He'd need a whole bunch of new tooling:
    -Head(s)
    -Boots
    -Leg sheaths for (non removable knives)
    -Armor (Crazy Idea for the armor! Using Whiplash's Lower Torso while the Armor covers up a normal torso in order to create the "chainmail look" while sharing parts.)
    -Loincloth
    -Swords (Though I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with Power Sword halves)
    -Wrist guards (He probably will end up using Triklops' lower arms.)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I'd be fine if he just came with the original head, nothing against the prototype, but I will be sporting a classic head. I'd love some knives with him, I mean his name is Blade after all.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    -Armor (Crazy Idea for the armor! Using Whiplash's Lower Torso while the Armor covers up a normal torso in order to create the "chainmail look" while sharing parts.)
    That's not a crazy idea at all. I actually mentioned this in another post, for characters like Hordak (or Huricane Hordak!) It has a more textured look that would certainly work well for chainmail. This would work really well for Blade.

Another cool idea: give him a movie sword of Grayskull! If it can't be 100% movie accurate, just give him a power sword with a gold handle and silver blade.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; September 2, 2010 at 11:05am.

Some call me 'Wayne' Blast Attack!'s Avatar
    I'd be more excited about Blade coming with a ton of weapons vs. a second head. I hope for those who want it, that we get it. Personally I'd just keep him classic.

I'm more curious about what his name will be, seeing as Marvel has their own copyright on Blade. I wonder if he'll be Battle Blade, or Blad with a last name or something other entirely
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I think the sculpting would be rather easy. He's about 80 percent there now.

2 new heads for sure
    A pair of boots, but then just the shin part. The generic boot foot is fine. They could also borrow the boots from DCUC figures just retooled. Retooling cost but not as much as new tooling.
    The upper torso could just be armor which is way easier and just use the standard male buck.
    The lower torso could be borrowed from King Carnivus
    The arms could be just standard buck with just a tweak on the wrist.
    New swords and that's it.

It wouldn't be that much of an effort really. I'm thinking the boots and the wrists could be shared with a few NA characters so that might work out anyway.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I merged this thread with the existing Blade thread. Please use the search feature in the future. Thanks!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I was looking at PoP catalogue stuff and came across an early prototype of Blade. Do you guys want 2 Blade heads and a swap out chest piece like Bow?
    If I'm not mistaken, I think carlo actually owns that prototype Blade.

But to answer your questions...I think it would be great to get those extras. The vicious look of the prototype Blade is cooler looking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    I'm more curious about what his name will be, seeing as Marvel has their own copyright on Blade. I wonder if he'll be Battle Blade, or Blad with a last name or something other entirely

I like Captain Blade, as he looks a bit like a pirate. General Blade would also sound cool too!