Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: BLADE in the MOTUC

Blade "The Silent one" has a nice ring to it.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I'd be thrilled to see this guy in MOTUC. An extra head would be pretty cool, but I definently want him to have caucasian skin. His buck should be pretty basic so they should be able to splurge on accessories... I hope!

Extra heads/chest-pieces are welcome, but if it was either/or I'd prefer lots of bladed weapons - the swords (obviously), daggers, another sword, the laz-whip & a belt to hang them all from.

Too bad he has an eye-patch though - that is one tired look.

Laser whip weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    The red whip from the weapons pak is a nod to the Blade´s red whip, but I hope that if Blade is released, he comes with a translucent red whip in order to give an "energy whip" to him.
    To expand on this, It would be cool if this type of whip was a red optic cable light, the kind allowing a red light to shine through it.

MOTU Brick Builder Marwarscreator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxandar View Post
    To expand on this, It would be cool if this type of whip was a red optic cable light, the kind allowing a red light to shine through it.
    I smell actionfeature
    -------------------------------------
    "By the Power of Plastic... I HAVE THE LEGO!"
    -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Blast Attack! View Post
    I'd be more excited about Blade coming with a ton of weapons vs. a second head. I hope for those who want it, that we get it. Personally I'd just keep him classic.
    i agree...

blade is one of my most-wanted characters to see in motuc ... like all the 'vintage'/'classic' characters from the original line, i want to see blade ASAP! ...

i'm a huge fan of the movie as well, and i really think blade is one of the most coolest looking cartoon/toy villains of all-time ... his appearance (like a hybrid ninja-pirate assassin) and image are absolutely spot-on, and i think he gives masters of the universe a nice 'human' touch aside from all the alien/monster/beast characters ...

he strikes me as a very 'mature' character (by this, i mean that he could have easily worked in an adult-themed movie/comic with his look and appearance, as well as he did in motu - if you understand me?!) ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Oh heck yeah! Skelly always has a use for skilled swordsmen; can't just leave all that jazz to Tri-Klops! The 4H will blow this one out of the water, I know that much. The design is just awesome, so there's no way this guy will end up boring!
    i agree, i'd sell my starwars stuff to buy one, jk, really, but blade is awsome, i think as a exclusive they should do a movie pack, blade saurod skeletor and he-man, all in movie garb! gwildor could be a single carded figure!

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Love Blade as much as I love almost every MotU character.
    That proto-head is awesome. Just a question: Does he has beard or exposed gums?
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Blade is one of my favorite MotU characters, too!

I guess the prototype head could be a cool bonus, but I'd probably also prefer more weapons if it were a tooling budget conflict.

The original toy/movie head is the one I would prefer. If they want to put in the second prototype head, fine but I don't need it.

Since they are doing so well with the head sculpts, do you think there's a chance they might get Blade's face to look like the actor in the movie? Since they will be going for a better sculpted face than the original, anyway!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

He's actually the only movie character (that they can make with current knowledge) that I actually Want!

I need him for this line to feel "All-inclusive" like it's supposed to be, and so far is going good.

I hope he is the first Movie charachter to be made in classics.

Hmm...

Even though Mattel has the rights to the character, I wonder if they have likeness rights? I'm sure it would adhere to the Classics style by not going very lifelike with the face sculpt, but its possible that the actor was compensated for the original, despite only a passing resemblance. I wonder if he could try to claim that a new version is supposed to respresent his portrayal since it is a film specific character?

Probably not, just wondering.

I think he'll show up in Classics soon. They haven't done any yet, and at Toy Fair and SDCC, they love having at least a couple of figures to show that veer off somewhat from typical expectations. Well, we know he's coming, but he's not as obvious as some of the more central characters.

Blade seems to be growing a fan base quickly. I always liked him. Here's hoping they make him.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

i seriously cannot wait until they make blade ... which i hope they do soon! ...

as a character, i think he is really over-looked in terms of his potential back-story and origins ...

i'm more inclined to like him because i am such a big fan of the movie, but sat here looking at my vintage blade figure makes me realise how under-rated blade is as a character and figure ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

I like to think if they release Blade relatively soon, it increases the chances of a comic accurate yellow skin variant Blade figure as a DCvsMOTU 2 pak

Blade vs Deathstroke ... make it happen Mattel!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Blade is my #1 favorite motu toy growing up. so yeah I hope motuc get to him in the near future.

The Offical MOTUC Blade Thread

The 1987 movie film barely had any new characters in it (Blade, Saurod, Gwildor, Karg, Worruck(conceptul), Pigboy) so any characters represented from this media will be much appreciated. Blade is a awesome character, in that he is one of the only humans to be part of skelators evil warriors, and i assume he got there because he of his intensity and subreb swordfighter, training skelators warriors in melee combat. Hoping he comes soon.

Blade is my favorite of Skeletor's henchmen. I don't know when we will ever see him, but he's in my Top 3 most wanted figure...

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    LOL

I just realized, that the prototype Blade appears in the movie-adaptation comic.
    Never noticed it as a kid.
    The mini comic too

NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Blade is awesome! I'm really looking forward to him and the other two movie characters. I wonder which of the three will come first? I'd guess Gwildor since his name is TMed but you never know. Blade would rock!

Anthony De Longis was so freakin' hot as Blade in the live-action movie.

Just thought I'd put that out there. Back to the topic...

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    The 1987 movie film barely had any new characters in it (Blade, Saurod, Gwildor, Karg, Worruck(conceptul), Pigboy) so any characters represented from this media will be much appreciated. Blade is a awesome character, in that he is one of the only humans to be part of skelators evil warriors, and i assume he got there because he of his intensity and subreb swordfighter, training skelators warriors in melee combat. Hoping he comes soon.
    Who's Worruck?
    Does Galactus fart?

I'm worried for BLADE.

If they go ahead with a film, he could die in the first five minutes. He, Saurod, and Karg all bit the dust the first time around, right? They would want some characters to perish. All superhero movies have perishable villains...

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Anthony De Longis was so freakin' hot as Blade in the live-action movie.

Just thought I'd put that out there. Back to the topic...
    LOL! Seconded!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I'm worried for BLADE.

If they go ahead with a film, he could die in the first five minutes. He, Saurod, and Karg all bit the dust the first time around, right? They would want some characters to perish. All superhero movies have perishable villains...
    No, only Saurod bit the big one. If the "curious quartet" was featured in a new movie, it would be kind of funny to see Saurod die again--only to establish a pattern for the spark-shootin' lizard.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    The 4Horsemen will make a kick a** Blade! I'm dying to see him!