Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: BLADE in the MOTUC

I just rewatched this movie and I think a Blade figure would look amazing sculpted by the 4H. Mr. DeL was so HOT in that movie. He is an amazing and nice guy. He has to have the laserwhip, too. Did you know that he taught Michelle Pfeiffer how to use a whip for her role as Catwoman in "Batman Returns"?
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

I want a Blade figure.
    I never had him when I was a kid but thought he was cool.

His boots & legs could be used for Dekker too.
    I want my other half.

Bring him on!!!

Wow, I love all this enthusiasm for one of my favorite villains!

The last excitement I had for MOTU in my childhood was the '87 movie. I'd given up ever getting all the figs I was missing and had moved on. My friend who lived in my neighborhood was going to the movies with his mom and for once I had been invited to go to a movie with a friend! (I only went to the movies maybe 3 or 4 times before I could drive).

He and I saw Masters of the Universe. I remember the previews that came on on tv about it... They always showed Blade with his signature line, "I'VE WAITED A LONG TIME FOR THIS!", and then he starts swinging his bad*** blades.... He was so cool!

One of my favorite memories of childhood was getting to see that movie! Blade was an awesome villain!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I remember being SO crazy about wanting the movie figures... and being confused there was no Karg figure.

I remember Saurod being really hard to find... and Blade too, but we found Blade and Gwildor at the same time.

I was totally infatuated with his swords... I loved that he had a place to hold one on his loincloth, and I loved the design.

He had a great costume, and he was very cool in the movie.

HE HAS TO COME SOONER THAN LATER in this line!!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    blade was one of my favorites. even after i started tmnt i still kept playing with him

I totally want Blade and Saurod!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I remember being SO crazy about wanting the movie figures... and being confused there was no Karg figure.

I remember Saurod being really hard to find... and Blade too, but we found Blade and Gwildor at the same time.

I was totally infatuated with his swords... I loved that he had a place to hold one on his loincloth, and I loved the design.

The funny thing is, when I was younger, Saurod was the only one that I found in stores, I could never find Blade, or Gwildor. I eventually got Gwildor at the flea market, but never had Blade. :'(
    Does Galactus fart?

Heroic Warrior
    Blade shouldn't be too hard to make as a MOTUC figure... I just hope he'll have his "loincloth" like the vintage fig, and his swords need to be STIFF, NOT SOFT (and good quality swords, please ! Battleground Teela's sword is so thin that it looks ridiculous compared to He-Man or Tri-Klop's swords).

I also want him to have the "sheath" part (on the back of his loincloth), just like the 80's figure.
    Last edited by Prahvus; June 21, 2011 at 03:44am.

I need to find some new pics of Blade for this thread.

BLADE is my new "most sought after" character for the MOTUC. Anybody else hoping we'll get him next year?

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

I re-watched the movie this weekend. I didn't realize how much better he looks in the movie than in his classic figure! The actor looked like a villain but had a leading man's face, and his costume was much more detailed and sharp (no pun intended). His head piece had blades sticking out it on both sides which pointed backwards so he could head-butt his enemies creeping up behind him. Very cool!

I plan to start asking questions for TG about Blade. I wonder if he might be able to come with some of his accessories from the film? He seemed to be a weapons master in the film! Besides his two swords, he had a boot knife, the "collar of Aldaban" which subdued victims and forced them to tell the truth, and the popular electric whip he used to torture He-Man. He even had some kind of rifle that shot multiple blades or darts.
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; September 4, 2011 at 07:49pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    Blade's the only movie figure I was able to get when I was a kid. Still being a fan of the movie (despite the perceived faults and lack of motu characters the tone of it fits very well with my personal vision of the motu world) he's pretty high up on my list of wants.

Isn't Blade too much of a generic term or name for it to be a copyright issue? I would love him and can't wait to get him. I hope he comes with two solid swords and his waist holders. I don't believe we will get loose daggers on his legs, just look at Tri-Klops.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Blade was the only figure I got from the movie. He was pretty awesome. I have no doubt he will eventually be released and he's a full fledged character in the MOTU universe.

I hope that they will create a figure that looks like his toy version, but I would want him to have his prototype head. Of course he would come with his two swords, but I also want some daggers and an extra weapon.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

My pics from Page 1 got deleted... so I'm looking for some more to post!

(The last pic of action figures includes fan customs of Beast Man and Karg.)
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; September 5, 2011 at 01:55am.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I need to find some new pics of Blade for this thread.

BLADE is my new "most sought after" character for the MOTUC. Anybody else hoping we'll get him next year?
    umm .......... YEAH!!!!

... ...

i totally agree with you man, i want to see blade so bad! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

*IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN*

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post

I re-watched the movie this weekend. I didn't realize how much better he looks in the movie than in his classic figure!
    Perhaps we should wait a few years longer for him, so that the chance for Mattel to get the movie rights is a little bit higher. When they make Blade, they should do him right, I mean after the movie version. If that deal with the movie rights will not happen, then Mattel can still do an "ugly" toy version. Same with Gwildor and Saurod.
    "A female He-Man. Ooh oh. This is the worst day of my life."

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Phil View Post
    Perhaps we should wait a few years longer for him, so that the chance for Mattel to get the movie rights is a little bit higher. When they make Blade, they should do him right, I mean after the movie version. If that deal with the movie rights will not happen, then Mattel can still do an "ugly" toy version. Same with Gwildor and Saurod.
    That's what I don't understand. The figures were designed directly from the characters in the film. With the 80's mentality towards dumbing down the designs, they simplified him and gave him an ugly, mean old man head. I know we've been told Mattel can't produce movie accurate characters like Evil Lyn or Skeletor, but if they've already made Blade why couldn't they borrow to enhance the details?
    They created Teela's pistol from the film as an homage (sorta). Does anyone think they might be able to make Blade with his whip, knife, collar of adabon, etc?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    One thing is known about the 1987 movie characters: they will also be put through the Classicizer Machine™ so that the designs are more MOTU-like and less 1987 movie. TG said this awhile ago.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    One thing is known about the 1987 movie characters: they will also be put through the Classicizer Machine™ so that the designs are more MOTU-like and less 1987 movie. TG said this awhile ago.
    I know, that's why I used the quotation marks with the word ugly. I think, the new Head will be a very nice one, but not that one from the movie. If we want that, we have to wait, but who knows if there will ever be a positive announcement.
    "A female He-Man. Ooh oh. This is the worst day of my life."

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    blade is cool, but among the 3 existing movie figures, he's the least wanted:

1 saurod
    2 gwildor
    3 blade

I'm surprised to see some Blade non-enthusiasts here on the org. I can understand fans knocking on Etherian Rebel Josh (POP, non-action appearance, etc) but Blade?? He's so cool!

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Definitely want a Blade figure. Never had him from the original line, but I always loved the fact he came with 2 swords.
    The 4H would do an awesome job on this character I'm sure.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Blade rules. Mattel better be careful when they release him, as I will likely quickly lose interest in the line once I have him.

But seriously, I expect him to be totally awesome, especially with no potential goofy vintageness to bring him down.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    If they make Blade, will they give him a varient head? 'Cause, if I recall correctly, wasn't there a different prototype head, or something?
    Does Galactus fart?

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    would the three movie characters work well in a three pack, but with each their own bio on the back of the box?
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna