Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: BLADE in the MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Confirmed we're getting two swords and a whip. There was going to be a third sword, but they loved the movie whip.
    Sounds good! The full set woulda been cool, but I figured that would be too much considering all the new stuff on 'em. Getting both a movie sword and a toy sword is totally what I was hoping for at least! The whip is a cherry. I kinda like the idea of mismatching swords anyway; like he's got a collection and these are just two favorite choices.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    We all just need to buy two Blade figures. Problem solved! (I'm half joking).

I didn't expect him to come with THREE weapons and have all that unique sculpting. They REALLY outdid themselves with Blade, and I'm sure it's because of Anthony Delongis' backing of the sub, offering sword lessons, etc. Hopefully Saurod will get lots of love too. He also gave video support for the subs.

Also, I probably will grab another Blade to have two of every sword.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Also, I probably will grab another Blade to have two of every sword.
    What?! You're crazy!

(*sigh*, me too...)
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Easily the best thing revealed this whole year.
    This is the kind if TRUE update every character should've received with MOTUC.
    Couldn't be happier with how awesome this figure looks.

After something like 10 dang years of including Blade in ALL of my wish lists, I can't even express how gratifying it is to see such amazing justice done to one of my favorite all time MotU characters.

Thank you 4H, for warming this coldhearted cynic, if even just for a minute.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Now that´s a very detail packed figure.

WOW

All those chains, the gauntlets, the boots and the scar on his forehead not forgetting the handle for the Sword!

I´m almost jealous looking at some other figures comparing him with them

I´m not his biggest fan but he looks amazing!
    I really wasn't anticipating Blade either, but this figure is simply amazing! Such an impressive sculpt, 2014 is turning out to be a great year.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    The figure's awesomeness exceeded my expectations in the most extreme way.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Blade is beautiful.
    And I reaching here, or do I see Frank Langella's Skeletor in the middle of that armor?!

Or is the face based on Skeletor concept art from the movie? Something about it looks really familiar...
    A member on the forums (sorry I can't remember who) has the emblem as their avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    You'll all notice how STATIC Mattel made him look in their cabinet at Power Con, though... They should pose him a little bit... in battle pose, for instance, with his sword raised up... It would reassure people who think his arms articulations might be hindered by his chainmail and pauldrons.
    You do realize this is a handpainted prototype without articulation built into it right? This is one of those pieces held together with putty and is super fragile not ready for posing and functionality.

WOW. Blade looks AMAZING. That face is just awesome. ...yeah, and that chain mail.
    – No comment.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I usually don't buy figures that I already have in my vintage collection... but I think I'll buy two of 'em!
    I want a Blade figure in front of my Castle Grayskull!!!
    The movie sword is still with the wrong colors!
    Read all the truth about it here!
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/4421089238
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I think Blade is phenomenal! I can't believe how awesome he turned out! I think the chain mail is a work of art and his face sculpt is seriously cool. I really like how they included the laser whip - I was planning on using the red Beastman whip from the weapons pak.

I'm hoping we get Blade as is in the final figure, but I'm sure the chain mail will loose the deco and the "blades" on his shoulders will be rounded and perhaps made thicker.

Best figure for 2014 hands down.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Best figure for 2014 hands down.
    I still think that crown belongs on Modulok's head/s, but seriously...DAT CHAIN MAIL. Blade blew my socks off when I saw him. He's never been that much of a must-have or stand-out for me, but now he definitely is.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    LOL I completely forgot about Modulok! OK tied best figure so far.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Such an amazing update. Loved Blade as a kid and love this update.
    I will also be in the "buy extras to display him with all his different weapons" camp.

Blade is a missed opportunity!

... No, wait, the figure is AWESOME!! I'm referring to the reveal.

They could have got Anthony DeLongis to come into the room and reprise his greatest role.

'Ive waited a long time for this'

Would have been a fitting reveal!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rankinman View Post
    Wow, just WOW. I can't wait and love the fact that he is the April Figure (birthday month). Does he come with 2 or 4 swords. Might have to pick up a second if only 2, gotta have matching swords.
    Except he won't be released until May. There will be no release in April due to production stopping for a while during the sub sale. Toyguru said production stopped until it was confirmed that the sub was going through. So like there is no figure for September, but two for October this year, there is no figure being released in April next year, but in May we get both Blade and Scorpia.

Blade is awesome! I loved his character and figure as a kid and this is just a phenomenal update. The whole sculpt is amazing, but that face sculpt is superb.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Beetle View Post
    Except he won't be released until May. There will be no release in April due to production stopping for a while during the sub sale. Toyguru said production stopped until it was confirmed that the sub was going through. So like there is no figure for September, but two for October this year, there is no figure being released in April next year, but in May we get both Blade and Scorpia.
    Wao, so we are getting blade, scorpia and BL for april? I got 3 subs.... Another october 2013 in my hands....
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Tung Lashor, Rio Blast, Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod & Lord Masque.

Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    Wao, so we are getting blade, scorpia and BL for april? I got 3 subs.... Another october 2013 in my hands....
    Nope.
    Blade is April
    Scorpia and Battle Lion are May.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    BLADE!!!!!!

Just had to stop in again and say how much this figure rocks!!!

blade's movie sword is sporting the wrong colours.
    how is possible that no one cares about that? even if there was a thread about this fact!

the colours presented were added as a recolour when the sword was used for a highlander tv series episode.
    Last edited by Delthaindia; September 16, 2013 at 12:13pm.
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    blade's movie sword is sporting the wrong colours.
    how is possible that no one cares about that? even if there was even a thread about this fact!

the colours presented were added as a recolour when the sword was used for a highlander tv series episode.
    Well personally I don't care so much 'cause it still looks cool, but it wouldn't hurt if someone brought this up as a question on the Matty forums to get an answer. Who knows? This one is still a proto, so they may be able to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Well personally I don't care so much 'cause it still looks cool, but it wouldn't hurt if someone brought this up as a question on the Matty forums to get an answer. Who knows? This one is still a proto, so they may be able to change it.
    I dont think theyre gonna do it. first thing first is quietly surprising to me that nobody at mattel noticed the colours error. I mean, did they go through some movies pics and references while creating blade sculpts, no? how could they didnt notice the sword is completely black?
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

Widget
    I want him in my collection!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    Nope.
    Blade is April
    Scorpia and Battle Lion are May.
    So the whole thing about not getting a figure in April because of low sub sales is out the window? I'm glad because this guy is fantastic. They better not diminish any of the detail.

Heroic Warrior
    Blade. Looks. Awesome.

I'm guessing Saurod will probably be in 2015 as he will require a crap ton of new tooling as well, and also have a A-Lister (because as a kid I LOVED him. Come on, he shot sparks out if his mouth! What wasn't there to love?) in the mix.

Wonder if how he looks will entice anyone who hadn't subbed to join up in the brief open window they're giving now that we also know Two-Bad will have no DOS?
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Im surprised he's not getting the same critisism Jitsu got due to the detailed face.

I love him tho.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Tung Lashor, Rio Blast, Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod & Lord Masque.

Heroic Warrior
    Hmmmm... I wonder... Blade looks SO movie-accurate... Do you think Mattel might have bought the 1987 movie rights !? Of course, they won't tell us right away. But I have a feeling they might have got or might get the movie rights. This would ensure that ANY MOTUC character could be made ! I think it would add the final touch to the line, and it would create positive reactions, and maybe even prolong the life expectancy of this MOTU collection.