Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: BLADE in the MOTUC

Agreed!!! Im all for more variety. Variety = Options
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

This guy looks like he's going to be one of the best figures in the line IMO, right up there with Mer-Man and Fisto!

Congrats to tmc1984 on getting his figure!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    The only bummer to this I see is that if TG keeps to what they said about splitting certain things that we have two of left into one for 2014 and one for 2015, then we won't see Saurod until '15.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Oh, and regarding his swords. I think it's actually cooler that his swords don't match. It tells a story, if you open your mind to it. Perhaps his swords don't match because he takes the swords of those he defeats in battle. With all the spare swords we've gotten throughout this line, we could display him with a variety of weapons. Do we know if he has any holsters or sheaths? It'd be great if he could store his swords crossed over his back.
    We are like minded in this! I was also thinking that someone named Blade should be carrying around a variety. Of course we can't get a ton, but two different ones pretty much tells that tale in itself! Also: two blades for different situations. The curved one is a bit larger and obvious for slashing and cutting, while the straight one would be better for thrusting. Might as well be prepared for varied enemies!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    TG replied to my Blade shipping month question an he stated will indeed ship in April now!!!!!
    That's awesome! Glad I was wrong about this!

Definitely among the best of the line. I can't wait for this figure to be released!

Randy
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

Great reveal, I really like how Blade turned out to be.

I would kind of like him to have two of the same sword. Since I have two subs, I might open both and give him two of the same. Not sure yet, though.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Yay, that's my most popular post ever.

Heroic Warrior
    He is ok, will be one of those figures I mix and match with..

Heroic Warrior
    For those who wanted two of the same sword, I highly suggest finding a fellow collector who wanted two of the other sword and swap the one you each don't want.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    For those who wanted two of the same sword, I highly suggest finding a fellow collector who wanted two of the other sword and swap the one you each don't want.
    Which would work great in theory except I'm a greedy bugger and want two of each.

Any chance anyone has asked the 4H why they sculpted the movie sword to be incompatible with nearly every male MOTUC hand, and why to accomodate that they sculpted Blade's right hand to be incompatible with nearly every male MOTUC weapon?

It will probably be a closed hand on the next prototype.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    we need to get movie accurate he-man, skeletor, maa, teela, saurod, karg, and gwildor. blade standing next to spikor would look ridiculous. blade looks from a completely different toyline. he's amazing... just not fitting in imo
    I kind of agree. Imagine him next to Clawful or Buzzoff. He does look like he's from a different line.

Now if they made the shock troopers and Karg, he'd have some company.
    WTB:
    Loose: Sorceress, Whiplash
    MOC w/ mailers: Whiplash

Honestly the only thing left that I want is a great Entrapta!

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDamien View Post
    Any chance anyone has asked the 4H why they sculpted the movie sword to be incompatible with nearly every male MOTUC hand, and why to accomodate that they sculpted Blade's right hand to be incompatible with nearly every male MOTUC weapon?
    Why Is the sword incompatible?

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDamien View Post
    Its probably just protype hands and weapons at this point.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I would kind of like him to have two of the same sword. Since I have two subs, I might open both and give him two of the same. Not sure yet, though.
    it would have been a great display option, if a second prototype head with mouthguard were included....

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    it would have been a great display option, if a second prototype head with mouthguard were included....
    Yes it would have, but that prototype is so different looking, I think it would be possible to make it into a different character. In the Marvel/Star comics, the prototype blade was used but the character was yellow like Evil-Lyn. Since Mattel owns the prototype and can make characters any color they want it would be allowed. Add all the prototype components, the yellow skin and a new name and we have a new character:

Name: ?
    Blade Prototype Armor
    Blade Prototype head
    yellow skin
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Warrior
    I've been numb to Blade's official reveal. Almost as if it's too much for me to process. I never had the original Blade figure but wanted him bad. I've waited a long time for this...

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    we need to get movie accurate he-man, skeletor, maa, teela, saurod, karg, and gwildor. blade standing next to spikor ould look ridiculous. blade looks from a completely different toyline. he's amazing... just not fitting in imo
    MOTU has always been a "Disney-type" fantasy. Like the models dressed up as princesses dancing alongside the giant foam rat costumes. Blade and Spikor look a lot more natural together than Orko and... anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Yes it would have, but that prototype is so different looking, I think it would be possible to make it into a different character. In the Marvel/Star comics, the prototype blade was used but the character was yellow like Evil-Lyn. Since Mattel owns the prototype and can make characters any color they want it would be allowed. Add all the prototype components, the yellow skin and a new name and we have a new character:

Name: ?
    Blade Prototype Armor
    Blade Prototype head
    yellow skin
    i'm in
    WISHLIST: Green and Purple Mask of Power demons, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Prince Dakon, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

I was never a big fan of the vintage figure... or the character in the movie...
    He always was a Tri-Klops wannabe to me, just like Gwildor for Orko...
    But this figure is really detailed and amazing! Though I agree with most people who say it looks a bit out of place...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Love Blade!! Hope is armor isn't too bulky when he goes through Mattel design team.

I like Blade. Nice to see him make it into MOTUC. Had the toy as a kid. I think it was the only He-man movie toy I had as a kid. I lost the figure in a river near where I lived at the time and I wasn't brave enough to try and save it. I sometimes wonder if it would still be there somewhere. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    For anyone interested, I did an article on the vintage Blade figure to celebrate his upcoming figure. One of my most anticipated upcoming figures.

http://thefwoosh.com/2013/09/throwba...-vintage-blade