Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: BLADE in the MOTUC

My question would be...
    Can he still be called Blade?
    Cause as Matty has stated before due to trademarks I think Disney/Marvel Comics has a lock on this name? Which was why they had to call Fisto, Battle Fist in the 200X series cause of Lucasfilms.

Snappy Threader
    Geez Blade is one of my favs too, get this guy done fast please!

With Anthony DeLongis coming to Power Con, I'm hoping this is a precursor to getting his likeness rights so that any potential MOTUC figure would look like him.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    My question would be...
    Cause as Matty has stated before due to trademarks I think Disney/Marvel Comics has a lock on this name? Which was why they had to call Fisto, Battle Fist in the 200X series cause of Lucasfilms.
    Blade was referred to as "General Blade" in the Star comics. If he has to have a name change, adding General to his name would be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrytor View Post
    With Anthony DeLongis coming to Power Con, I'm hoping this is a precursor to getting his likeness rights so that any potential MOTUC figure would look like him.
    Anthony has said that he hopes a new figure would look more like him than the original did. I don't think they will need to get his likeness rights though, as MOTUC figures have a stylized look. Either way, I'm sure the new Blade figure will rock!
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; April 25, 2012 at 02:33pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Blade was referred to as "General Blade" in the Star comics. If he has to have a name change, adding General to his name would be the way to go.

Anthony has said that he hopes a new figure would look more like him than the original did. I don't think they will need to get his likeness rights though, as MOTUC figures have a stylized look. Either way, I'm sure the new Blade figure will rock!
    general blade. that could work.
    must have if that means changing the name a little fine.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrytor View Post
    I just wish we had a motuc Blade before power con so we could get him to sign it... Oh well. Hopefully he gets to see his new figure unveiled there if it isn't at SDCC. It's about time we saw a movie figure.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    It's about time we saw a movie figure.
    Totally. I can't wait until they release the first MOTUC movie figure. Blade would be so cool.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

I'm very excited to get this MOTUC. I never had a blade as a kid, never saw one until years later (in magazines) still never seen one in person.

And a Human vilian to go with Skeletor? Awesome. Plus that brings a movie character into the fold, which is great.

yeah General Blade would work, or Blayde, Blaide etc.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I always dug the original Blade figure. I hope we get a movie figure soon.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    blade was one of the few I continued to play with when I got into ninja turtles.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Another one bites the dust!! Blade's sword is in the MOTUC case at SDCC! Let's move another great characters OUT of Support and Speculation ladies and gents!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I hope he comes with the mouth guard so he can look like the prototype version - that or include a 2nd head.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

1209264_10201823879263050_891723781_n.jpg
    is this photoshop? the sword is the same that was shown on sdcc

Heroic Warrior
    I just hope he comes with all *three* of his swords. Didn't the vintage version have sheathes for his two swords, or am I on crack? 2 vintage swords and his movie sword, please!

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    I just hope he comes with all *three* of his swords. Didn't the vintage version have sheathes for his two swords, or am I on crack? 2 vintage swords and his movie sword, please!
    I gotta second that! A man called Blade should be packing some extras! His toy swords were just as cool as the movie one, so I'd really like to see both, and there's no reason not to give 'em a loadout like that.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Considering that two of the swords are the same, he should be the same cost production-wise as Jitsu.

2 vintage swords around his belt

2 "movie" swords on his back

1 knife attached to his leg - the one he threatens Kevin with

That should be enough I think
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardman View Post
    1209264_10201823879263050_891723781_n.jpg
    is this photoshop? the sword is the same that was shown on sdcc
    that is photoshop, the final figure will look even better

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Consider me a convert

I never really cared much for the 87 movie, but after thinking about how Blade could translate to a figure, he would be pretty freaking cool! I think he will go with my independent villain shelf, rather than with Skeletor though.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Flutterina, and Tung Lashor

they can call him Battle blade :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    My question would be...

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    "I've waited a long time for this!" figure!

He HAS to come with two heads or at least a mouth piece ala Stinkor to achieve the cool prototype look.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    He HAS to come with two heads or at least a mouth piece ala Stinkor to achieve the cool prototype look.
    Or he can have mouth piece which attaches on his ears/head armor - similar to Icarius' visor.

Also he needs to have ball jointed hands.

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    prototype look ? was that like an alt costume design or the figure had a prototype?