Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: BLADE in the MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    Who's on his chest ? Hordak ???
    Nope, just the awesome emblem of a skull demon from the movie armour!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Okay, this is the first time I will have to buy 2 of the same figures! Absolutely AMAZING work! No we know where the 2014 budget went,

Wait... everyone seems to think we're just getting one of each sword... has this been confirmed?
    Just because there's only one of each being displayed, I think we'll get two of each.
    Like with the troopers... they only displayed one of each but there are two of each in the package.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

I'm waiting for the inevitable announcement of "Blade has too many paint apps so he won't come with all those weapons. They weren't supposed to be shown, sorry guys."

Funny - he totally looks like Anthony DeLongis and is more movie-accurate than vintage - like they said they couldn't do.

I'm very happy with that.

As soon as I saw him I thought "Wow, Saurod is going to look amazing."

This figure is a labour of love.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    This is the stuff i been waiting for !! Movie figures are long overdue ! So happy to see we are getting this one more or less early 2014

MAn i love that steel mesh ! What's the proper name for it in english ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    MAn i love that steel mesh ! What's the proper name for it in english ?
    It is usually called Chainmail

Looks awesome huh? Really impressed.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Blade's pretty much perfect.

The more pics I see, the more impressed I am.

I can't believe I am saying this but I am really excited to hear what his bio says.

I remember my Grandpa taking me to see "MOTU" in the theater and how excited I got when Blade said,"I've been waiting a long for this" to He-Man. It was my favorite part of the movie. I just loved the character but I never got the vintage figure. I asked and asked...but nothing.

This figure is like a dream 30 years in the making come true.

I hated the movie, so I really didn't care about Gwildor, Saurod, and Blade when their vintage figures were out on store shelves. I really didn't care if I got these characters in MOTUC, but I have to admit after seeing Blade......this figure looks amazing!! I'm really looking forward to it now!
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Looks to me that they're certainly taking way more from the movie look than anything else. Definitely doesn't look like the comic version. Definitely doesn't look like the old toy version. Most Definitely looks exactly like the movie version though. So if we don't have the rights to do the movie versions of these characters, but we can accomplish something like this, then how come there can't be a movie inspired Skeletor or He-Man now?

All in all, I love the figure. He looks awesome. A little too awesome in my opinion. So amazingly detailed that he really doesn't match the rest of the MOTUC figures IMO. This one certainly stands out amongst the rest.

I mean if the idea is to envision the look for a character and treat it as if it had a toy in the 80's (which there was for Blade) and then update the figure to fit with the rest of the Classics figures, then how did we end up with such a movie inspired look rather than the original toy look? Not that this is a bad thing, but...

Again (this part is even more important to me) since we are getting a very clear representation of the movie version of Blade, and not the original toy, then why can't this be done for other movie appearances for Skeletor or He-Man?

Heroic Warrior
    I think he will look kind of odd, the body will be way too muscular he's kind of lankier than the normal buck, which I am sure they will make armor to go over, doubt it would be a new piece.

I don't know I could be wrong but I think he would need a smaller body type.

Blade's not a character I'm interested in, or plan on buying, but they did a great job on the figure. Lots of detail on him.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    It is usually called Chainmail

Looks awesome huh? Really impressed.
    Chainmail that was the word i was looking for

Heroic Warrior
    If you really had that much armor on you really wouldn't be doing too many hand stands in it, I mean it's great when figures can move with armor on but if you are wearing big heavy rigid shoulder pads in real life you wwould have limited articulation too.

THIS is what happens when you let the Horsemen do their thang. Was nonplussed about the movie characters, but WOW!

Saurod is going to look so bad-ass...
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    You'll all notice how STATIC Mattel made him look in their cabinet at Power Con, though... They should pose him a little bit... in battle pose, for instance, with his sword raised up... It would reassure people who think his arms articulations might be hindered by his chainmail and pauldrons.
    It's a hand painted prototype held together by putty.

Blade is fantastic and the mix of accessories is pure genius. If they ever decide to go ahead with a 5th weapons pack, we need both swords released so that Blade has a set of both his toy swords and movie swords.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Wow, a lot of detail & new parts in this figure.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Blade looks AMAZING and I love him. I think he will be the best figure of next year, if not the BEST figure in the line!

One thing I wanted to share...all the chainmail, the loincloth and shoulder pads, reminds me of Aunty Entity from Mad Mad: Beyond Thunderdome.

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Wait... everyone seems to think we're just getting one of each sword... has this been confirmed?
    Just because there's only one of each being displayed, I think we'll get two of each.
    Like with the troopers... they only displayed one of each but there are two of each in the package.
    troopers are two figures.
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

I have to say I wasn't really looking forward to this guy, but the way he turned out.....WOW!! He looks amazing! So excited to get him now!

Do you think this is a figure that could change radically between prototype and production?

If not, that's a staggering amount of detail. He will stand out from most other MOTUC figures.

But it really makes me wonder how awesome the Skeletor shock troopers would look in this line.
    WTB:
    Loose: Sorceress, Whiplash
    MOC w/ mailers: Whiplash

Honestly the only thing left that I want is a great Entrapta!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    I truly hope you're right and they find a way to include the other 2 swords with him! Did you see the sheathes at his sides?? Awesome!

Confirmed we're getting two swords and a whip. There was going to be a third sword, but they loved the movie whip.