Thread: Dr. Omega's Council-Members Art?

Dr. Omega's Council-Members Art?

I hear Dr.Omega has drawn these council members.

But I can't find them in any larger size, and can't get through to the good doc via PM.

Does anyone have the Council Members art in *larger* clear size?

Any help appreciated.

Actually, I could be wrong, and i'm not sure who Dr Omega is, but that looks like GBAGOK's work. You can find some of it in the Tours of Eternia/Etheria threads floating around here.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    Actually, I could be wrong, and i'm not sure who Dr Omega is, but that looks like GBAGOK's work. You can find some of it in the Tours of Eternia/Etheria threads floating around here.
    You're wrong.

But that's okay!

Dr. Omega did the "Elders"
    Gbagok did the council of Wisdom characters.

The two styles are similar but Gbagok will tell you Dr. O did the others.
    I know because I asked him.

That said, I've a sneaky suspicion that Gbagok did that last Elder, "Seryn".
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

That's great!

Where do all the names are from? I have never heard of those names.

Also, sorry not to know but what did each of those council do in the MOTU?
    I know you can see the council of wisdom (or elders?) in the first 3 episodes of MYP cartoon but... that's all I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Khror View Post
    Where do all the names are from? I have never heard of those names.
    gbabok has added some fan-made names.

There are couple Council of Wisdom names that Emiliano has confirmed:
    - Lord Bryon (of one of the old houses of Eternia. Their flag is the Swan and can be seen on the Eternia Central Tower toy.)
    - Mother Tetsuda
    - Eldor
    - Starchild (in MVC continuity, many Starchild existed)
    - Faceless One (King of Zalecia)

Also, sorry not to know but what did each of those council do in the MOTU?
    I know you can see the council of wisdom (or elders?) in the first 3 episodes of MYP cartoon but... that's all I can remember.
    Council of Wisdom acted in Preternian times. He-Ro was there too, but he was not part of the group. (these guys only showed in comic)

Later came Council of Elders out of King Grayskull's warriors, who ruled Eternia after him. (they showed up in MYP cartoon start and flashbacks)

I started off using Dr. Omega's outstanding drawings as place holders for the sake of a thread in the 200X forum where we were discussing the names of the Elders. Since then I've started drawing the Elders based on their model sheets in the DVDs. Dr. Omega however was able to draw pretty accurate versions of the council based just on watching the cartoon. I am still impressed by his efforts because the details were so close, and I have used his color scheme as a basis for my own drawings. Here's a comparison of what we've both done:

If you do a search for all threads created by Dr. Omega in the Fan Art forums, you will find much of his excellent artwork. His Powers of Grayskull images were collected into two threads here:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=126604
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=126793

The names I've used are all guesses. Validos was the name of the city in "Buzz Off's Pride" where the citizens had similar coloring to the red-headed elder. Otherwise, I just went with names that came to me, good or bad. Ceratin is based on "keratin" which is a protein found in hair and, I think, some animal horns. I figured it sounded similar to Ceratus as well, and since the Caligar elder is the only on of his race that I think was shown to have hair, it felt like a reasonable connection. It might make more sense if C. is named Mohawk, and G is named Browzor since Delvan doesn't mean anything while C is the only one with a mohawk. Anyone's guesses are as good as these.

Baena, you're right, I drew the elder Seryn based on the female elder with long eye brows who was not shown in her pre-council form in the Powers of Grayskull episode.
    Last edited by gbagok; March 24, 2010 at 08:22pm.

Thanks a lot, gbagok!

I knew I had seen those Elders drawn by Dr.Omega. Thanks for the links!
    Had them stored on my computer's hard-drive for a really long time, but have since lost them, and wanted to find them again.

Oh and a side-note: I like how you've drawn in your version of King Grayskull the toy-version of his chest-symbol.

I look forwad to your "Tour of Eternia: Council of Elders", when you get to it.

gbagok, can u post individual larger pics of all of your versions of the council? and king greyskull

gbagok, have you posted your Council of Elders in larger/singular format elsewhere? I don't remember seeing them. I know I've seen the Council of Wisdom before, but I don't think I've seen the Elders ...

EDIT: or I could have looked at nightboy1984's post asking basically the same thing. Sorry.

Why are all the chicks bald :
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by nightboy1984 View Post
    gbagok, can u post individual larger pics of all of your versions of the council? and king greyskull
    A Council Tour is coming soon, I still need to draw them in their ascended form. The Council of Wisdom will be new as well, I still have Bryon, Starchild, King of Zalesia, and Eldor to redraw.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Why are all the chicks bald :
    My theory is all the elders shave their heads to show sympathy for the one who is naturally bald.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I started off using Dr. Omega's outstanding drawings as place holders for the sake of a thread in the 200X forum where we were discussing the names of the Elders. Since then I've started drawing the Elders based on their model sheets in the DVDs. Dr. Omega however was able to draw pretty accurate versions of the council based just on watching the cartoon. I am still impressed by his efforts because the details were so close, and I have used his color scheme as a basis for my own drawings. Here's a comparison of what we've both done:

If you do a search for all threads created by Dr. Omega in the Fan Art forums, you will find much of his excellent artwork. His Powers of Grayskull images were collected into two threads here:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=126604
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=126793

The names I've used are all guesses. Validos was the name of the city in "Buzz Off's Pride" where the citizens had similar coloring to the red-headed elder. Otherwise, I just went with names that came to me, good or bad. Ceratin is based on "keratin" which is a protein found in hair and, I think, some animal horns. I figured it sounded similar to Ceratus as well, and since the Caligar elder is the only on of his race that I think was shown to have hair, it felt like a reasonable connection. It might make more sense if C. is named Mohawk, and G is named Browzor since Delvan doesn't mean anything while C is the only one with a mohawk. Anyone's guesses are as good as these.

Baena, you're right, I drew the elder Seryn based on the female elder with long eye brows who was not shown in her pre-council form in the Powers of Grayskull episode.
    No offense, but the Council of Wisdom looks like the Council of Elders, age wise. The Council of Elders all look as if they are 'He-Pirates.' The Council of Wisdom should be the reigning council if made into figure form.