'Green' Trap Jaw from the pre-Filmation mini-comics ('The Menace of Trap Jaw') is one of many figures raised when we think of potential future re-paints.
But why should this figure be a simple repaint?
The original mini-comic Trap Jaw is very different from the toy version - about as different as 200x Zodak is from vintage Zodac.
Green Trap Jaw would comprise:
- human (He-Man) legs and left arm
- maybe furry pants or new sculpt pants
- re-sculpted laser canon arm (the bicept piece of mini-comic Trap Jaw's arm is box-shaped, not rounded)
- at no stage in the original mini-comics does green Trap Jaw change weapons so possibly this character only has a permanently attached laser canon - no hook or claw
- Trap Jaw's torso and RHS metal shoulder piece (no LHS shoulder strap)
- re-sculpted head where the silver metal jaw is actually a metal-organic part of his face (as depicted in mini-comic), as opposed to the MOTUC Trap Jaw's lower jaw being attached to the helmet
- re-sculpted helmet with metal protusions where his ears would be
- re-sculpted belt with the Zalesia ramhead symbol replacing the skull and cross-bones
People talk about original mini-comic He-Man being a distinct separate "Barbarian He-Man" character in MOTUC (like Wun-Dar, some earlier 'He-Man' champion), so why can't Green Trap Jaw be a distinct character?
IMO the 200x Kronis/Trap Jaw storyline conflicts completely with the original mini-comic origin so for those of us who preferred the vintage story, why can't we have Green Trap Jaw (GTJ) as a different character, with his own new identity.
Maybe he has some historical connection with the Faceless One and the Ruins of Zalesia, thus the belt, but was ultimately banished to some other dimensional jail, presumably by the Faceless One. GTJ was later discovered by Skeletor as per the mini-comic story, as GTJ was escaping capture, only to be transported into Castle Grayskull with the rest of the story evolving as per the mini.
Would anyone support this general concept, or are fans happy with just a repaint and no need to create a distinct identity?