View Poll Results: Is 200X King Hssss going to replace your Vintage King Hssss?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! MOTUC 200X King Hssss will be my primary version!

54 44.63%
  • No! I'm sticking with the MOTUC Vintage King Hssss!

42 34.71%
  • Half 'n Half! I'm going to rotate them in my display!

25 20.66%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is 200X King Hssss going to replace your Vintage King Hssss?

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!

Is 200X King Hssss going to replace your Vintage King Hssss?

Now that we are being treated to another version of King Hssss we have a tough decision to make: keep the Original Hssss, or replace him with the shiny new 200X Hssss?

MATTEL_MASTERS_OF_THE_UNIVERSE_CLASSICS_200X_KING_HSSS_02.jpg review_kinghiss_6.jpg

Of course a lot of this depends on how you feel about the 200X series as a whole, but even if it's not your cup of tea, you have to admit that the 200X King Hssss looks pretty amazing.

So what's it going to be? Which version will stand alongside the rest of the Snake Men in your display??

Discuss below!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Nooo!! The New Version DOES look awesome, but MY Snake Men are sticking with the PROVEN Leadership of Vintage-style King Hiss (spelled that way, Too!). :^)

I dig him but I like the original more. The new snake form will be displayed for sure though!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Vintage King Hiss over 200x King Hssss for me.

Though I do like 200x King Hsss's snake form, which we aren't getting unfortunately.
    200x_king_hssss_snake_full.jpg

I won't be doing any of the options in the poll as they will both be in my display at the same time
    Most wanted figures: TUSKADOR!!! Vultak, Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, Crita, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Despara, Darius, Hawke

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    I have to agree... I'm more of a vintage fan myself, but it is a hard decision!

I have a soft spot for Egyptian-themed figures, so maybe at some point the 200X Hssss will stand next to my Nepthu figure!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    I see no need whatsoever in having to choose between one version and the other. In my canon, each will go to a different display (Preternia vs Eternia). They look different enough (particularly the face, or what we can see of it) that I personally prefer to think of them as different characters (ΰ la Zodac vs Zodak). I see no reason why the Snake Men cannot have several "high-ranking officials" (so to speak) and "King Hiss/Hsss" could be just a title (like the princely kings of India, that there were several of). We do know, in fact (from the only vintage Preternia minicomic), that King Hiss (his vintage version, at least) wasn't the highest ranking member (he explicitly said they served the "Unnamed One"), so we can infer there could potentially be others sharing his same "non-first echelon" level of command, under the higher authority of that "Unnamed One" (be this the MotUC one or some other).*

(*) I personally like the look of MotUC's design for the "Unnamed One" and I think it does fit the role (since I do not see Trollans as inherently clumsy, nor do I have that prejudice that a really evil character "has to" look big and "bad-ass"). But he certainly isn't named Gorpo in my canon, who is another character with an already-established different look (and certainly not mean-spirited, but at most mischievous).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I shall keep my original one with the rest of the snake men, this one will be facing off against the guy he came with.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Vintage do rule over here so,
    There just ain't no way for him to do so.
    I mean, he'll quietly be resting into his own plastic prison
    as the previous one will have the honour of the podium ;
    granted in a few months form now by the real shape of his ... ala Noreem .

200X will take the place of my vintage and my vintage will be moved to my variants shelf.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Hell yes!!!! Definitely!

I've been waiting five years to swap out Vintage King Hsss for 200X King Hsss! It's my preferred version of the character. Vintage Hsss is great for fans of that look, but I rather would have had 200X Hsss.

The Blonde Teela Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Horde Wraiths • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Vintage will remain in the top spot for me. Not even buying the SA He-Man/200x King Hsss set. The only thing I will upgrade to is the extreme snake torso.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I voted "half and half" to represent the fact that my display is set up by eras.

Vintage Hiss will be how he looked in Preternia. 200x form will be his updated and evolved over time in the Void/current Eternia look.

Both will be up in constant display, essentially. Though symbolically, the chronology of my canon is basically a vote saying that 200x is the update.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Hell yes!!!! Definitely!

I've been waiting five years to swap out Vintage King Hsss for 200X King Hsss! It's my preferred version of the character. Vintage Hsss is great for fans of that look, but I rather would have had 200X Hsss.
    Pretty much what MGM said.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by Poweron View Post
    I voted "half and half" to represent the fact that my display is set up by eras.

Vintage Hiss will be how he looked in Preternia. 200x form will be his updated and evolved over time in the Void/current Eternia look.

Both will be up in constant display, essentially. Though symbolically, the chronology of my canon is basically a vote saying that 200x is the update.
    I voted Vintage. Vintage Hiss was my snakeman, I think I may have had Tung & Rattlor, but I cannot remember if they were mine or borrowed. But I loved that Hiss.

That being said I agree with your idea that the vintage look was Hiss as he was still in disguise and masquerading with humans, ect. I also feel like 200x is a loose sequel to the events of the previous toon, ect. So I like that the bio explains this is Hiss in later years.

I like the idea of 2 different hissi as some suggest, but in this case It's fine as a regenerated form of the original. I like that.

In the display I dont really have a place for Snake Armour & New Hiss. I think I will either put Hiss with my "Random villians" since Keldor & Kronis & 200x Lyn are their with Faceless one and Marzo and that is where I'm putting evilseed when he comes. It's kinda a 200x villian shelf, though it is stocked with standalone villains like Geldor & Plundar as well. 200x hiss kinda fits there.

I thought about putting him on the variant shelf, and it is certainly appropriate. I still may stand him next to Hurricane Hordak.

Originally I was to put him facing off against Snake Armour He-Man inside Castle Grayskull, but currently i'm displaying my vintage Masters in their, and the scale difference makes it so much more special. However I was going to display spirit of Grayskull inside Grayskull so was thinking I was going to take out my vintage anyway.

Guess the point is that of course Vintage Hiss stays faction leader and at the front of the Snakemen.

Yes. 200x Hsss will easily replace the awful vintage version with backwards shoulders and problems with the top of his legs hitting the loincloth. This is my King Hssss people!
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Nope, they're both very well done (in particular the face sculpt on the 1st) but I slightly prefer the 200x now, its full of details and my fave interpretation of the characte 'cos actually I've started to learn more about hissss with the 200x series

Such a cool variant, money well spent
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

Heroic Warrior
    Nope, not a chance.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    200x King Hiss doesn't remotely look like how I see King Hiss, so there's no way he could be Hiss to me. However, i don't mind him being a different character, so 200x is becoming Lord Coil to me, an immortal ancestor of King Hiss who controls his own faction of Snake Men.
    Motu short short stories.

Motu Mini-comic

Public service announcement: Use of the term muppet head to describe any vintage head is not an insult, because muppets are awesome, and you're wrong. We now return you to your regularly scheduled something something.

None of the above, mostly because I won't be rotating the display - the 200X Hsss is going to be the undead version, brought back by the Unnamed One (along with the Filmation Hordak and whatever Skeletor I decide on, to use in place of that one rising at the end of the last minicomic). So they'll both be in the display (whenever I get a display...?) at the same time, in different spots.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Nope, he's going on the variant shelf, while vintage Hiss leads the Snake Men.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard, Darius, the rest of New Adventures.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

I may pick up the top half when it comes out eventually, but I have no interest in 200x variants
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

No.

Vintage Hiss is my preferred version.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Always prefer the vintage Hsss, but have grown to love the 200X version too and his figure looks amazing.

I'll display both.
    WISHLIST
    Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Sorceress of Serpos Teela ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~
    Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast Robowoman ~ DC He-Man ~ DC She-Ra ~ DC Stratos

None of the above. Vintage will stay in my primary Snake Men shelf (Hsss, Rattlor, Snake Face, and eventually Squeeze), and the 200x will be in my 200x Snake Men shelf (200x Hsss, Rattlor with General armor, Kobra Kahn with flared head and Pixel, Snake Man at Arms, and 4 Snake Men guards).
    Last edited by Swifty; February 9, 2015 at 04:25pm.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!