Thread: To shave or not to?

To shave or not to?

i'm thinking of getting tat on my upper chest, left side, but i would have to shave my hair off and that will look weird to me.. and too, if i do get the tat, the hair will grow back and cover some or most of the tat. not so sure now.

for those of you who dont know, i'm hairy

i could get it on my back, since no hair is on my left or right of my upper back, the middle is a different story.

anyone have tats where you had to shave it off? did the hair grow back n cover ur tat?
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Well how hairy is your upper chest? I've seen pics and I don't think your upper chest is that hairy. Would it be totally covered up? Have you tried to draw it on to see what it would like like or at least held up a pic of the tat on the area? I just got a tat on my upper chest, but I'm almost completely hairless on my chest so I really don't have much to worry about in that respects. But if you did get a tat on a hairy area, it will grow back. I have another tat on my lower back leg and there's hair on it.
    My Masters of the Universe Classics and Comic Book Reviews:

http://www.youtube.com/user/gaycomicgeek

my chest hair is pretty much spread out. it does go up and lightens up to the corners of the upper chest and. i guess it would look not that bad if it covers it up a bit. my thing is i dont wanna shave.. lol

i'm not used to that... might consider on my upper back. a few friends said my arm.. hmm.. not sure about that.

thanks for feedback man.

you the only one who cares on this forum.

I don't shave my legs and my tribal on my leg is very visable... but my leg hair is also red... black hair is another story I would guess.
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

From what I remember, I don't recall your chest being that hairy either,
    so I don't think getting a tattoo there would be all that bad.

Obviously the more hair you have in an area, the more it will obscure the art.

You could always just manscape it with some trimmers... keep the hair short around 1/4" long?
    That way you'll still see the art, and you don't have to deal with the constant irritation of shaving.

uhm.. did you guys not see the speedo pic from the previous pic page?

the older i get.. nooo.. the thicker the hair grows.

Gah!
    I'm lookin' but can't find it!
    D'oh!

Not that anyone cares but...I'm not hairy at all.

See....didn't knowing that just totally make your day?
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

My day has been made.

Unless your chest is comparable to Austin Powers, I wouldn't worry about it being obscured too much.

My arms are pretty hairy and both of my arms are covered in tattoos. All my tattoos are very visible. It's standard practice to have any area shaved before tattoo work is done, even areas that have little to no hair. I say go for it!!

My buddy has a chest tattoo, and he keeps his chest shaven so as not to obscure the tat.

You want people to see the art. So I dunno if I would get it there.

I mean leg hair can be think but ususally chest hair is thicker. If I were you I'd think about placing it somewhere else.

What are you getting. Sometimes the lay out of the tattoo can dictate where it will look best on the body.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Why don't you get the tattoo somewhere with little to no hair, like on the side of your torso? No shaving, no fuss.

First of all, everyone, please stop telling carlo he is not that hairy! Of course he is hairy, don't anyone dare doubt it!

Why don't you just use a photo of yourself, and photoshop the artwork where you want it? That way you can see what it looks like. Or, you could ask a friend to actually draw a sketch on your chest and see it in person.

I think you have to see what it looks like before you do it. Also, if it doesn't look good with the hair, consider do you really want to shave your chest all the time?

Divia,

i plan on getting my zodiac.. but a real cool one when i find it

I think it all depends on the tattoo. My friend has a picture of WonderWoman across his back. When it was first made, it was neat, but as the novelty of the tattoo wore off and he quit trying to keep trimmed to display it, it's as if suddenly WW needs to shave her legs and chin. I just say remember any body art is a long-term commitment so be sure that you're gonna keep up the frame on which it is displayed!
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    i plan on getting my zodiac.. but a real cool one when i find it
    Is it bad that when I first read this I thought you were getting Zodac's symbol on your chest and was geeked at how cool that would have been?

I'm sure your zodiac symbol will look good as well. But initial reactions don't lie.
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    LOL I did the same thing, Judith, don't feel bad.
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.