Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He-Man to be seen on Qubo Channel

He-Man to be seen on Qubo Channel

He-Man, She-Ra, Bravestarr, and Ghostbusters will be joining the Qubo Channel.

Press Release from Qubo

NEW YORK, NY - May 11, 2010 -- Qubo Channel announces the launch of twelve new animated and live action series with several U.S. premieres that will roll out on the network beginning this summer through the fall of 2010. The entertaining and diverse mix of family friendly programming includes the return of the much beloved "Magic School Bus" series from Scholastic for the Fall of 2010 and the U.S. premiere of the animated series "Vitaminix", a series of shorts encouraging good eating habits for kids. Additionally, Qubo brings to its schedule the U.S. premieres of "The Mysteries of Alfred Hedgehog", "Willa's Wild Life," "Shelldon," "Pearlie", and "Mighty Machines", plus new episodes of the returning series "Turbo Dogs". In addition, beginning this fall season, Qubo will launch a classic weekend animation block featuring the newly acquired "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe," "She-Ra, Princess of Power," "Brave Starr" and the animated "Ghostbusters." And to round out the schedule, Qubo will debut "Animal Exploration with Jarrod Miller" in the Fall of 2010.

"We continue our commitment to provide good, fun and entertaining programming on Qubo, where kids and families will always be able to find something to laugh and learn about at the same time," said Marc Zand, EVP, Digital Networks, ION Media Networks. "We have a great lineup coming up which combines beloved family favorites, classic animation and the US premieres of some of the highest quality kids programming in the world."

About Qubo Channel:

Qubo is an entertainment destination for children and their caregivers that provides fun, quality programming to help kids develop healthy minds and healthy bodies. Qubo was formed in 2006 by an unprecedented alliance of leading distribution partners and content players in children's television that includes, ION Media Networks, Scholastic, NBC Universal and Corus Entertainment Media. Qubo can be seen 24/7 on Qubo Channel and www.qubo.com and is also broadcast Wednesday- Friday afternoons on ION Television, NBC Saturday mornings and Telemundo weekend mornings.
    http://www.awn.com/news/cartoons/qub...ate-kids-shows
    I'm not real familiar with that channel. I don't think I have it, but it sounds like they show stuff online as well.

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    Whoah, cool! I don't think I have that channel either, but I know I've got ION (never watch it, don't really know what it is), and of course NBC. Hopefully NBC will show enough on Saturday mornings to include He-Man and She-Ra.
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by KalesDad View Post
    Whoah, cool! I don't think I have that channel either, but I know I've got ION (never watch it, don't really know what it is), and of course NBC. Hopefully NBC will show enough on Saturday mornings to include He-Man and She-Ra.

If you have a digital receiver or cable, you should have Qubo. It's basically a side channel to ION. For example, locally 7-1 is regular ABC (7), while 7-3 is local ABC weather.

While the "Ghostbusters" mentioned is likely the Filmation version, I wish it was the Real Ghostbusters.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Of course, let's not expect NBC to air He-Man, She-Ra or any of the other classic shows within their saturday Qubo block. According to whoever set up the present day, party pooper atmosphere for saturday morning television, the classic shows wouldn't be "educational" enough even though He-Man and She-Ra HAVE morals built into EVERY SINGLE EPISODE.

Now, if NBC could do it, I'd actually get up and watch the classic shows but I'm not going to hold my breath.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

He-Man, She-Ra and the TRUE Ghostbusters back on TV!

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...45&newsLang=en

From the press release:

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Qubo Channel announces the launch of twelve new animated and live action series with several U.S. premieres that will roll out on the network beginning this summer through the fall of 2010. The entertaining and diverse mix of family friendly programming includes the return of the much beloved “Magic School Bus™” series from Scholastic for the Fall of 2010 and the U.S. premiere of the animated series “Vitaminix”, a series of shorts encouraging good eating habits for kids. Additionally, Qubo brings to its schedule the U.S. premieres of “The Mysteries of Alfred Hedgehog”, “Willa’s Wild Life,” “Shelldon” , “Pearlie”, and “Mighty Machines”, plus new episodes of the returning series “Turbo Dogs”. In addition, beginning this fall season, Qubo will launch a classic weekend animation block featuring the newly acquired “He-Man and the Masters of the Universe,” “She-Ra, Princess of Power,” “BraveStarr” and the animated “Ghostbusters." And to round out the schedule, Qubo will debut “Animal Exploration with Jarrod Miller” in the Fall of 2010.
    http://trughostbusters.proboards.com

VICTORY, HE-FANS and GO-ERS !!!!!!!!!!!!
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I get Qubo!

downE! That's what I'm talkin' bout.

I have all those Filmation shows on DVD, but it is still nice to see them get back on tv.

That's awesome news!! Now I just need to get DirecTv to carry the channel.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

is this on cablevision and what is the schedule of it going to be on?
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    never heard of Qubo..

I only get like 5 channels through the Digital Converter anyway.. yeah.. I don't pay for cable/satelite TV..

Everything I want to see is either on DVD or the Internet.. don't need the tube.!

It looks like I have Qubo in my area, but it isn't a part of DirecTV, so I need to use a converter box on one of my TVs. One way to see if you have Qubo in your area is to go to http://tv.yahoo.com/listings_setup, put in your zip code, select Antenna as your service type, and select the service provider that mentions OTA Broadcast in its listing. Click on Done and then a list of channels appears. If Qubo is there, then you should be able to watch it in your area.
    Last edited by Firefly; June 8, 2010 at 07:40pm.

it doesnt look like its on here where i am located
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    When will they start airing?

I'm getting it in Chicagoland. It's playing on the MyNetworkTV channel which plays WWE Smackdown & network TV reruns. The weird thing is that station is owned by FOX(at least the one in Chicago is) and not NBC(which is what is listed in that press release above).
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I'm getting it in Chicagoland. It's playing on the MyNetworkTV channel which plays WWE Smackdown & network TV reruns. The weird thing is that station is owned by FOX(at least the one in Chicago is) and not NBC(which is what is listed in that press release above).
    How can Qubo be playing on MyNetworkTV? They're 2 different channels.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    How can Qubo be playing on MyNetworkTV? They're 2 different channels.
    Well, my local CW used to show MyNetwork programs. It isn't unheard of for a channel that doesn't air in one area to have some of their shows shown on a different channel there.

Widget
    *sigh* my local time warner doesn't have QUBO. And the only NBC channel we have is from Omaha. They think they need a whole 60 minutes of LOCAL NEWS on a SATURDAY morning (this is in addition to the saturday edition of the TODAY show that is TWO hours long). I only own a small set of Heman and She Ra dvds, but would LOVE to have the show back on television.....I remember watching when I was little.
    I used to be UncommonFemaleFan, but I lost my password.

Classic He-Man is the ONLY He-Man that is acceptable!

Skeletor is **NOT** King Randor's BROTHER!

Best of She-Ra DVD = $17.99 @ Target
    Waiting 15 years to OWN Secret of the Sword = Priceless.

Cars Fans, sign the petition to get a 2 DISC set!

http://www.petitiononline.com/CARSdvd/petition.html

According to a couple of forums I've been on, it looks like Qubo is changing the Filmation shows from the weekends to all days and it will start the last week of September. However, they are getting the graveyard shift.

12:00 AM: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
    12:30 AM: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
    1:00 AM: She-Ra
    1:30 AM: She-Ra
    2:00 AM: BraveStarr
    2:30 AM: BraveStarr
    3:00 AM: Ghostbusters
    3:30 AM: Ghostbusters

Widget

How to get Qubo Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    He-Man, She-Ra, Bravestarr, and Ghostbusters will be joining the Qubo Channel.

http://www.awn.com/news/cartoons/qub...ate-kids-shows
    I'm not real familiar with that channel. I don't think I have it, but it sounds like they show stuff online as well.
    To see if you get Qubo Channel, you can go to qubo.com and type in your zip code. If you don't, you can call 877-978-2688 to ask your local provider to carry it! We are really excited about our new Night Owl block and plan to add more great classic shows to it soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    3:00 AM: Ghostbusters
    3:30 AM: Ghostbusters
    ... in the middle of the night?

Heroic Warrior
    So, it's time for Good News, Bad News!

Good News: He-Man and She-Ra are officially airing on Qubo!

Bad News: According to the Verizon guide, the same 12 episodes are going to repeat every 6 days!
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Bad News: According to the Verizon guide, the same 12 episodes are going to repeat every 6 days!
    ??? Will they do this for each Filmation series?

Typical a few new eps then endless repeats (trying to pad the series no doubt) anyhoo what day is this starting?
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquest View Post
    ??? Will they do this for each Filmation series?
    They're doing this for She-Ra too. I didn't check the others.

The series started airing Monday night/Tuesday morning.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK