Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He-Man to be seen on Qubo Channel

Heroic Warrior
    Just now saw this thread.

I just checked.

It's digital cable channel 199 at 11 pm and 11:30 pm(at least tonight. Monday) where I'm at.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    According to a couple of forums I've been on, it looks like Qubo is changing the Filmation shows from the weekends to all days and it will start the last week of September. However, they are getting the graveyard shift.

12:00 AM: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
    12:30 AM: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
    1:00 AM: She-Ra
    1:30 AM: She-Ra
    2:00 AM: BraveStarr
    2:30 AM: BraveStarr
    3:00 AM: Ghostbusters
    3:30 AM: Ghostbusters

That would be awesome...I get home from work ar 12 on the dot.

awesome. i just got fios today in NY and i have the qubo channel! time to get the DVR ready!

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I sadly do not get Qubo (and my Retro TV Network chose not to air the Filmation stuff).

Anyway, Qubo commercial for He-Man:

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

He-man on TV

Not sure if this should go here but.....
    I was going through this weeks TV line up to make sure I have everything set to record when I saw that Bright House Cable Company has a channel (at least in the tampa, fl area) called 8 Prime that is showing not only He-man but She-ra, Fat Albert, Bravestarr, Ghostbusters, and the Archies Saturday morning from 8-11am. If you get this channel this will be a treat. I have it set to record already. Hopefully this means a serious return to TV for the Original show YEEEAAAHHHH.
    Does this loin cloth make my butt look big?

The Alien Moo Cows Are Watching

Never Stop Dreaming www.neverstopdreaming.webs.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...istofer+lucero

while i was initially excited to learn that this channel was showing he-man, ghostbusters etc, they seem to only show about 10 episodes for each show. the shows have been airing for about 3 weeks now, but the episodes are constant repeats. pretty stupid.

MOTU. She-Ra on QUBO

Not sure how late I am on finding this out, but that's because I've been so busy working the past few months to really watch TV. I was up at 2 am with my son this morning and saw a commercial for the original Masters of the Universe, She-Ra and Bravestarr on QUBO. They've got some block they're referring to as Night Owl (I guess like Cartoon Network's Adult Swim, just not vulgar). I thought that was fantastic, even though I own all 3 series on DVD, it's nice to see it back on tv. QUBO is a digital channel that shows children's cartoons 24 hours a day for those that have never heard of it.

Here's a commercial someone uploaded to youtube.

**Please read and follow forum rules on posting non-embedded YouTube links. Thanks! **
    I'm also on DeviantArt
    My buddies and I review stuff 3 Points of Articulation
    3 Points official site 3PA
    Personal Gallery The Art of Mista Jonz

Quote Originally Posted by Mista Jonz View Post
    Not sure how late I am on finding this out, but that's because I've been so busy working the past few months to really watch TV. I was up at 2 am with my son this morning and saw a commercial for the original Masters of the Universe, She-Ra and Bravestarr on QUBO. They've got some block they're referring to as Night Owl (I guess like Cartoon Network's Adult Swim, just not vulgar). I thought that was fantastic, even though I own all 3 series on DVD, it's nice to see it back on tv. QUBO is a digital channel that shows children's cartoons 24 hours a day for those that have never heard of it.

Here's a commercial someone uploaded to youtube.
    **Please read and follow forum rules on posting non-embedded YouTube links. Thanks! **
    Yeah, I noticed this a few weeks ago but totally forgot to post it here on the .Org. It's great to see these cartoons back on the air again!

Yep. I discovered Qubo Night Owl last autumn. I started searching online for the original toys (that I never had as a kid) and found the new MOTU Classics line. I quickly found out that it was too late in the year to sign up for a subscription and everything was "sold out". So, I turned to the online auction sites to start my collection and found He-Man.org along the way.

All because of Qubo.

i emailed QUBO to ask them about he-man, she-ra, bravestarr and ghostbusters and why they kept airing the same episodes over and over. i figured they didn't have access to the complete library for each show. turns out i was right.

"Thank you for reaching out to Qubo Channel and for being a loyal fan of the network. We value your feedback and our Programming Department will keep it in mind as they continue to build a network that everyone can enjoy. We hope that you and your family continue to watch our quality programming line-up and enjoy all of our shows as much as we do. We have access right now to 26 episodes of each of those series and are working hard to keep Qubo Night Owl fun and fresh for our fans."

while it's cool to have these shows on tv again, it's really lame seeing the same episodes over and over. i don't even bother DVR'ing them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    i emailed QUBO to ask them about he-man, she-ra, bravestarr and ghostbusters and why they kept airing the same episodes over and over. i figured they didn't have access to the complete library for each show. turns out i was right.

"Thank you for reaching out to Qubo Channel and for being a loyal fan of the network. We value your feedback and our Programming Department will keep it in mind as they continue to build a network that everyone can enjoy. We hope that you and your family continue to watch our quality programming line-up and enjoy all of our shows as much as we do. We have access right now to 26 episodes of each of those series and are working hard to keep Qubo Night Owl fun and fresh for our fans."

while it's cool to have these shows on tv again, it's really lame seeing the same episodes over and over. i don't even bother DVR'ing them anymore.
    How're they going to keep it fun and fresh when they do nothing but show repeats? It's like my local MY Network shows about the same dozen or so episodes of "South Park" over and over again. I JUST discovered this whole "Night Owl" thing, but I already have the episodes on DVD. It's kinda redundant for me, but it's great to see them airing on TV again. Besides, I take pride in the fact that I've given my son a choice between He-Man and Bob the Builder DVDs to watch and He-Man's beaten Bob. That's really saying something with him!

Original He-man back on tv in the U.S.!

Hi guys and gals! I am new to the boards. Did a search on the boards about this, didn't see it so i thought i would say it anyway. The original He-man, She-ra, Bravestar, and Filmation Ghostbusters airs every night starting at 11pm on my local qubo station! Its 48.2 in my area. They call it qubo night owl! Enjoy!

Heroic Warrior
    in St. Louis RTV ch 16.1 plays them on sat mornings starting at 9 am

I'm sure there's a thread out there somewhere because I've seen it mentioned here before.

Anyway, regarding the vintage Filmation cartoon, MOTU airs at 11 P.M. - 12 A.M. central here in my area on channel 68-2, 7 days a week. It's nice to a degree though, and by that I mean they repeatedly only show the first 20 episodes constantly. I sent them a message before regarding this, wondering why they show the same 20 episodes when there's 130 unique episodes.

Regards,
    Victor P.

P.S. Welcome to the forums by the way !

Here in NC, qubo airs He-Man from 12:00 am- 1:00, She-Ra from 1:00 - 2:00, and Bravestarr from 2:00 to 3:00. I haven't been watching it enough to notice which episodes they show, but I did read somewhere that they only licensed 25 episodes from each series. Don't know how accurate that is though.
    1 of 200 active He-Man.org members.

Yes I emailed Qubo quite a while back regarding them showing the same episodes over and over and they said they only got 25 episodes each. Kinda lame...

That really sucks! I wonder if they started accepting more advertising, they'd be able to afford to license the other episodes? The only non-qubo commercial I've ever seen them run is for a sleep magic bed or something.
    1 of 200 active He-Man.org members.

He-Man on Qubo?

Just flipping channels looking for some background noise while reading. and my surprise, here is He-Man.... Channel 491 on FIOS... Qubo's Night owl network, whatever that is. just fyi
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Yeah, every Friday/Saturday they have Qubo Night Owl and they show He-Man, She-Ra and Bravestarr. Not bad late night watching while having a late night taco or two. I always find it funny that all of the commericals on Qubo are for shows on Qubo. The occasional Gerber Grow Up Plan commercial is the only like mainstream one.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

I've been watching on there for a while now in queens NYC. My son always looks on channel 19 for Heman but I dvr them since Heman and Shera come on at mindnite. But it's a flimation dream. So glad there are back on the air.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone