Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Lion Thread

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar

Battle Lion Thread

Do you believe that Battle Lion will be the 4th Large Scale Beast and it will be released with King Grayskull in December? They can be a perfect gift for ourselves at Christmas!
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I am positive Panthor and Megator will be released before Battle Lion.
    I personally would like to see Swift Wind before Battle Lion as well.

I hope that Battle Lion won't be a simple repaint of the Battle Cat sculpt.
    I'd rather see a new sculpt for Battle Lion that's at least 2x the size!
    It'll be perfect as a $60 figure since Battle Lion is HUGE!

A few older threads about Battle Lion:

Should Mattel make more Cats, or just keep Battle Cat & Panthor?

King Grayskull+battle lion pack possible?

KG's Lion should come with an alternate KG flowing cape...

Custom Figures:
    Battle Lion & King Grayskull by MotUspawn

King Grayskull & Battle Lion by marndt8448

Last edited by synthalus; May 13, 2010 at 07:18am.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Before a Battle Lion i would like to have a Panthor, Stridor , Night Stalker, Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Roton, Road Ripper, Landshark, Granamyr, or any other Vehicel or any other Minicomic Charakter

I agree completely with what Synthalus said.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Since King Grayskull and other really big characters aren't huge in MOTUC (Beast Man, Clawful, Whiplash, Roboto, Ram Man, Rattlor, Tung Lashor, etc.), I don't expect Battle Lion to be enormous either. I expect full parts reuse except for the head and armor.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Since King Grayskull and other really big characters aren't huge in MOTUC (Beast Man, Clawful, Whiplash, Roboto, Ram Man, Rattlor, Tung Lashor, etc.), I don't expect Battle Lion to be enormous either. I expect full parts reuse except for the head and armor.
    yeah me 2, and i think im ok with that, b/c i think if he was too large he would look odd with KG
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I smell a BC reuse... Hopefully they'll MOTUCize the 200X Battle Lion Armor... I'd like to make a "200X" Battle Cat.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I would want him to be bigger, I could deal with less articulation like Tytus to make him affordable. Visual elements trump articulation any day in my book.

I don't think Battle Lion will be that huge and also I don't believe he is on Mattel's priority list either so bring on Panthor!
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Heb 11:1 (NIV)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I smell a BC reuse... Hopefully they'll MOTUCize the 200X Battle Lion Armor... I'd like to make a "200X" Battle Cat.
    Exactly. I brought an additional Battle Cat just for this purpose.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I'd love a Battle Lion figure!

I think it'd be cool if he had a helmet that resembled the Millennium BC helmet but "classics-ized". And made to fit in with the existing classics BC saddle.

I don't think he needs to be bigger, I'm fine with them re-using BC's body. Just a new head and helmet is all I'm askin' for.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I'm sure they will do Panthor first, but I'd like a Battle Lion too. Though not sure how Grayskull will sit on him with that cape, maybe the reissue will work better...

Anyways I would hope they just reuse Battle Cat with some changes to the head/neck parts, and new 2000x armor. And would be great if the armor between the two cats was switchable for those fans who want a 200x Battlecat.

Battle Lion would be the coolest!

Not sure why people think Panthor should be expected before Battle Lion... Didn't everyone expect She-Ra before Adora?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I agree!

I would love to see Battle Lion in this line. I don't particularly care when he comes, as long as we get Panthor, Spirit/Swiftwind, Nightstalker, Stridor, Clawdeen, and a few cool beasts like the manticore, Shadow Beasts, Ice Hacker, and any other mini-comic creatures as well.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Widget
    I would be fine with battle lion being the same size as Battle Cat. I think he looked ridiculously huge in the cartoon.

The concept of Battle Lion is stoopid and should have never existed. Or at least the Battle Lion that we all know. Why is he a bigger Battle Cat? Adam didn't meet cringer so that he could become Battle Cat - if that is the path they decide to take then that is very unimaginative.

Why couldn't Battle Lion be a massive lion of another colour?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    The concept of Battle Lion is stoopid and should have never existed. Or at least the Battle Lion that we all know. Why is he a bigger Battle Cat? Adam didn't meet cringer so that he could become Battle Cat - if that is the path they decide to take then that is very unimaginative.

Why couldn't Battle Lion be a massive lion of another colour?
    I'm assuming he's bigger because he's some sort of prehistoric lion around the time of dinosaurs or whatever was considered ancient back then.

Preternian zoology shouldn't be questioned.

I figured it was just an ancestor of the green tiger tribe myself. A full grown tiger(since he has a mane and cringer doesnt) but then again i think that may make sense. I bettter stop now and just say give me a reuse of battlecat with 200x armor and a new headsculpt.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Precisely what I would think, and I'd be happy with that. He really doesn't need to be that much bigger, as the scale of the 2002 cartoon never really did make it's way into the Mattel line even back then.

I od think he'd be a great addition, another figure we never actually got in a previous line.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Mattel should do a trick to make him look bigger like just give him bigger upper legs.
    Sort of like the boots trick that makes KG look taller

Together with the bigger head and a large saddle they can make him LOOK a lot bigger!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I'm assuming he's bigger because he's some sort of prehistoric lion around the time of dinosaurs or whatever was considered ancient back then.

Preternian zoology shouldn't be questioned.
    I'm cool with him being a Lion, but why does he have to be green? Are all of the He-Men's companions green cats? If so, that makes it even less believeable that no-one can pick Adam's secret identity.

A big fan of Slush Head
    I am ok with Battle Lion being the same size as Battle Cat. I do want him to have a new head and a 200x mask though.

King Grayskull isn't huge in MOTUC so Battle Lion shouldn't either.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Elder Councilman
    I was thinking the same...about the Battle Lion being a reuse.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

I have He-Man but missed out on Battle Cat. With my luck I'll get Battle Lion but miss out on King Grayskull. I'd be fine if Battle Lion is just a new head sculpt and classicized 200X armor like others have suggested.

I'm fine with the BC mold to be reused as Battle Lion. It's not like the King Grayskull toy is significantly that much bigger than He-Man anyway like his appearance on the show implied and it'll be odd to try to place him on top of an oversized Battle Lion without having his legs spread so far apart and likely falling off.