Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Lion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    I can't believe how many people are complaining about Battle Lion. He's been one of the most requested beasts for years.

I also can't believe that, even if you ignore everything else that has been said about 2014-2015, that people don't understand that "focus on" vintage doesn't mean nothing but vintage.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Now THIS is how you Classicize a 200x design!!

Awesome piece!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Totally down for Battle Lion. He looks amazing! Can't wait to see armor switches between him and Battle Cat!

Wow... Battle Lion looks great! and with the helmet on, reminds me of the steed from the Lager of Lamot TV ad (for those of you that remember...) lol!

hqdefault.jpg
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

Anyone else getting a Clawdeen repaint vibe from Battle Lion?

Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    Anyone else getting a Clawdeen repaint vibe from Battle Lion?
    I was just thinking that he would be an easy redo to make a Clawdeen.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    But their paint schemes are completely different. Not the case here and it's almost the same sculpt as well.
    Unlike Stridor and Nightstalker, the Lion has a different head and armor.

Your reaction wouldn't be any different if we had gotten a yellow Panthor with blue saddle (by your logic a complete different character) so there is no "BUT", it's the exact same thing.

You simply don't like the character, that's all.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

I wasn't sold on Battle Lion until I saw him from the front, and then with his helmet off. Loving that mane on him. But while I'm loving the sculpt and the armor, the colors and just bland, not unlike the 200x battlecat, just moreso, a bit. Maybe some darker and/or contrasting metallic paint highlights would help... But like I said, I'm still 'sold.'
    – No comment.

I think Battle Lion looks fantastic - really good classicising of a 200X character. I'm a huge 200x fan but one thing that I never liked was how ridiculously big he was in the cartoon.

The mane and armour help to make him look bigger than BC but still in the appropriate scale. So glad we got him instead of the pink panther.....

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    BATTLE LIOOOOOOON!

I'll take two, please.

So friggin' happy right now. Makin' myself a 200X Battle Cat! I'll have an extra green lion lion around (see what I did thar?) but what the hey?
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I was disappointed last night TBH after Battle Lion was announced - not going to lie - Evilseed, Miro and Veena are WAY more A list than he is AND more demanded. However, seeing more detailed pictures this morning, he is indeed awesome and I will be glad to have him in my collection.

I just think he's still a risk though, a lot of people who bought the sub thinking it will be strictly vintage POP/MOTU/NA for 2014 will be peeved he's included though.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    I think Battle Lion looks fantastic - really good classicising of a 200X character. I'm a huge 200x fan but one thing that I never liked was how ridiculously big he was in the cartoon.

The mane and armour help to make him look bigger than BC but still in the appropriate scale. So glad we got him instead of the pink panther.....
    Completely agree, I don't like how oversized he and KG were in the cartoon. Moreso KG, with his arms that were bigger than his wife.
    He and Battle Lion both look much better in the Classics scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    ..., a lot of people who bought the sub thinking it will be strictly vintage POP/MOTU/NA for 2014 will be peeved he's included though.
    These people clearly need to pay closer attention. Thinking and knowing are still two different things.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Yay! Battalion!

My son says that he is definitely the top of his beast want list so his King Grayskull can have his mount and so he can dress his Battle Cat in 200X armor.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

My biggest beef with Battle Lion... He doesn't really make sense.

Battle Lion has armor similar to his 200x look. Battle Cat had a similar look in 200x.

200x BattleCat armor was the vintage armor put through the 200x hyper detail machine.
    MOTUC BattleCat armor was the vintage armor put through the MOTUC machine.

If Battle Cat and Battle Lion have similar looks in 200x...shouldn't they have similar looks in MOTUC?

Also, BattleCat has more of a sword/sorcery feel to his armor while Battle Lion has a more "tech" look. Isn't this backwards?

Love the head sculpt though...and I'm glad we're getting him but I wish he wasn't in the "wrap-up" years.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post

Battle Lion has armor similar to his 200x look. Battle Cat had a similar look in 200x.

200x BattleCat armor was the vintage armor put through the 200x hyper detail machine.

If Battle Cat and Battle Lion have similar looks in 200x...shouldn't they have similar looks in MOTUC?
    Technically, yes, but as with Filmation, when a character didn't have a vintage figure they go with the look that we know. Personally I'm glad they do that.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Also, BattleCat has more of a sword/sorcery feel to his armor while Battle Lion has a more "tech" look. Isn't this backwards?

Love the head sculpt though...and I'm glad we're getting him but I wish he wasn't in the "wrap-up" years.
    Yes, it's kinda backwards but one can't have it all.

The only beef I have is his (fan-given) name: Battle Lion or Battalion

To me he simply is the first Battle Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Technically, yes, but as with Filmation, when a character didn't have a vintage figure they go with the look that we know. Personally I'm glad they do that.
    (I always thought that the idea of MOTUC was that, if a character didn't have a vintage figure, they'd sculpt him has if he had a vintage figure and then put it through the MOTUC machine)

(I always thought that the idea of MOTUC was that, if a character didn't have a vintage figure, they'd sculpt him has if he had a vintage figure and then put it through the MOTUC machine)
    Rules can be bent or broken. The way I see it, as long as the final product looks good, it's a go.

Looking at his pictures especially from the front he looks good. The saddle makes sense for King Grayskull to ride his steed because of his cape.

But iīm sure i would have liked his reveal more if there hadīt been this 200X hint. He is more of a beast than a character and i expected a character and not a beast.
    So my expectations ruined that reveal for me……..
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    Unlike Stridor and Nightstalker, the Lion has a different head and armor.

Your reaction wouldn't be any different if we had gotten a yellow Panthor with blue saddle (by your logic a complete different character) so there is no "BUT", it's the exact same thing.

You simply don't like the character, that's all.
    I do not dislike the character. That's simply your assumpition. What I dislike is the result, which isn't much different in appearance than Battle Cat.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Battle Lion wasn't a big want of mine, but I think he looks awesome! My one gripe would be that it looks like the saddle slides too far off of his back side.

Honestly I'm very surprised that Battle Lion is part of the revised 2014/15 road map. I certainly expected to see some 200X representation in the next 2 years but I was hoping for Evil Seed, Veena, King Miro, or maybe a couple variants. I would have rather seen Stridor and Night Stalker, though one could still be coming later in 2014 with the other in 2015. I really love 200X but Battle Lion just does not feel like he should be a priority right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I do not dislike the character. That's simply your assumpition. What I dislike is the result, which isn't much different in appearance than Battle Cat.
    How different were you expecting him to be? He's pretty much always been Battle Cat with a mane, no stripes and different armour.

Why do people want Clawdeen before Catra's cat form?
    And
    Why didn't they put king Grayskull on top of the
    Lion?????
    Saturday Morning ToyZ at Facebook, Flickr and Blogspot!