Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Battle Lion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Yes! Can't wait can't wait CAN'T WAIT!!!

Funny, how I completely agree with both of these posts.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...rgrayskull.jpg

Snake Armor WAS King Grayskull...

King Grayskull and Battle Lion were the ancient versions of He-Man and Battle Cat, which showed IMO the eventual power level that He-Man could reach and surpass (King Hsss thought that Modern He-Man was no King Grayskull). Would fans and casuals have gotten the point of "He-Man ancestor" if it were the visually different He-Ro atop Bionatops or Turbodactyl?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Who cares about casuals? He-Ro and Turbodactyl would have made that episode 100% more awesome! An ancient magic user as He-Man's ancestor with his own power set and a rocket powered Pterodactyl for a mount is sweet. While IMHO extra large He-Man and Battle Cat were uninspired and unnecessary.

That being said the sculpt on this beast is really cool even with all the reused parts, so I'm not too upset about receiving him with my sub. I'll have fun repainting him in his own unique deco and deciding whose mount he'll be in my own toy shelf cannon.
    – No comment.

I was surprised to hear this guy was controversial. He just looks insanely cool in person. I wanted him in the 200X days so bad. To be honest, I hadn't really thought about him much in MOTUC, but I think he's a nice choice overall and will look great with the collection.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Who cares about casuals? He-Ro and Turbodactyl would have made that episode 100% more awesome! An ancient magic user as He-Man's ancestor with his own power set and a rocket powered Pterodactyl for a mount is sweet. While IMHO extra large He-Man and Battle Cat were uninspired and unnecessary.
    Mostly everything is written for a casual audience (you want new fans after all and every episode is someone's first). Hardcore MOTU fans KNOW He-Ro is supposed to be the ancient version of He-Man, but King Grayskull and Battle Lion actually look the part.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Okay, seeing some of the screencaps from the toon, I have to say I'm glad they didn't go that big with BL. I'd forgotten just how massive the creature was, to the point of being almost comically large (kind of like the Hulk in the first theatrical film). KG looks like a little kid riding atop him, really, and I don't think that would have worked well in plastic.

I am wondering if KG is going to wind up hovering over the seat in the final version as in the photos I've seen with him mounted up (it would take some major redesign on the front of the saddle to accommodate his long loincloth from the looks of things).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

You can also put the head on Granamyr's body and blizzaaaam!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...rgrayskull.jpg

Snake Armor WAS King Grayskull...

King Grayskull and Battle Lion were the ancient versions of He-Man and Battle Cat, which showed IMO the eventual power level that He-Man could reach and surpass (King Hsss thought that Modern He-Man was no King Grayskull). Would fans and casuals have gotten the point of "He-Man ancestor" if it were the visually different He-Ro atop Bionatops or Turbodactyl?
    I completely agree with you and that is how I'll display King Grayskull if we get Snake Armor.