Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone still on the fence this month?

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar

Anyone still on the fence this month?

We're a weekend away from this month's MOTU and I'm still unsure of what I want if anything. This is the first time I've felt this way as I have no old school connection to Optikk and Tytus the way I do with most other MOTU characters and figures.

Don't get me wrong, they look like awesome figures but they are not the MOTU that I know and love. I'm still undecided on if I want to order anything or not this month. I'll probably get an Optikk off ebay eventually because I'm pretty sure I will be able to get him cheaper than off of Matty as I have with most of my figures that I had to play catch-up on. And Tytus is pricey for $40 but the only reason I feel like ordering him is because it'll probably be a hard item to get not because I REALLY want him or anything. That's not exactly the right reason to buy something in my opinion.

I hope I can make a decision before sale day. Anyone else feel the same way?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    I'm on the fence too. Optikk is taken care of but I don't know if I want 1 or 2 Tytus'. I can't justify buying 2 of him becuase he's not that articulated and $10 overpriced imo, but on the other hand, I always get 2 of everything. Still can't decide...
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    We're a weekend away from this month's MOTU and I'm still unsure of what I want if anything. This is the first time I've felt this way as I have no old school connection to Optikk and Tytus the way I do with most other MOTU characters and figures.

Don't get me wrong, they look like awesome figures but they are not the MOTU that I know and love. I'm still undecided on if I want to order anything or not this month. I'll probably get an Optikk off ebay eventually because I'm pretty sure I will be able to get him cheaper than off of Matty as I have with most of my figures that I had to play catch-up on. And Tytus is pricey for $40 but the only reason I feel like ordering him is because it'll probably be a hard item to get not because I REALLY want him or anything. That's not exactly the right reason to buy something in my opinion.

I hope I can make a decision before sale day. Anyone else feel the same way?

Sort of. I have been looking forward to Optikk for a long time (and I have a subscription) so there's no worries there. I haven't decided if I want Tytus yet, though. I didn't even know about the original figure until I first came to this site (around 1999 or so). So I really don't know. And the $40 price tag is probably what is really making it hard. If it was $25-30 I'd probably be more apt to get it.
    Who has the Power?

Somewhat on the fence still, but likely won't buy.

Ask yourself this: if the entire line was complete, with every character from every era available to order, whenever you wanted (instead of only 1 or 2 a month), and never to sell out...who would you buy and who would you skip?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I wish I didn't care. Stupid Jury Duty--on Monday of all days!!!! Even if I hurried straight home during lunch, I could miss him due to the insanely fast sell-outs.

Guess I have to wait for eBay or BBTS to get them in if I can't make it on time on Monday.

Looking forward to the break this month.
    I got my sub Optikk coming Monday!

And I teetered and tottered on Tytus but finally decided he's not gonna make it in my collection. So I'm a free man on Monday.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

A friend and I order our figures together to save on shipping. Because of the fast sell outs (I have missed on TJ, BC, and MM) we are both going to try and get 4 Tytus's. If we both happen to get lucky enough to have our orders go through, then we will have to dispose of the extras, but I dont think we will both get our orders. I am hopeful that at least one of us does though. He also wants the Green Lantern and I want an extra Optikk too.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    We're a weekend away from this month's MOTU and I'm still unsure of what I want if anything. Anyone else feel the same way?
    Nope, I'm definitely on the "not interested" side of the fence. Glad for those who are into NA/Tytus though! I'm only collecting figures that I have the old skool connection to.

I was looking forward to Tytus until I saw how poor his articulation is.

Now I'll pass.

I have Optikk through the sub and I'll be nabbing at least 1 Tytus.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Pure sub this month for me! No Tytus. Looking forward to Keldor and Faker next month though!

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain-man View Post
    Pure sub this month for me! No Tytus. Looking forward to Keldor and Faker next month though!
    Sounds just like me (except I'm not looking for an additional Faker).

I am taking the month off, I like the way the scheduling has come out with these "different" figures in the same month.

Very excited for next month, Faker and She-RA !

Merman is a must for me since I am just now discovering the Classics line. Optikk looks cool, but may just pass cause money is tight. No to Tytus for same reason.

on the side of the fence of not buying them. I like the old school figs and pretty much stick to them (same reason I don't have he-ro). I might be back in the June mix since I skipped Faker the first time too but on the fence about She-Ra. I like the figure but hate the head in the package.....the stupid crown / mask thing to me is ridiculous

Sadly I am this month. I have to choose between Super Mario Galaxy 2 or Tytus. With fathers day coming and renewing plates I dont have as much room as I would like. I would get more hours of enjoyment with SMG2. If only the shipping didnt add so much to the cost these figures.

I'm on the fence about Optikk. I will try to get him maybe, but hoping I will get shut down by the WSOD like the last two months. I'm not enthusiastic about him at all, just curious. Not sure if it's $30 curious though.

Already have Tytus plus Spymonkey shields the same day.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I'm happy I'm getting Optikk as part of my sub. Even though he wasn't a character that I had as a kid, the 4 horseman have done an amazing job of bringing this character to the line, and I can't wait to get him soon!

Tytus on the other hand, I was on the fence about until last week. After really thinking about it, the character really doesn't interest me that much. Combine the price for a rotocasted figure with less than standard articulation, I'm making the decision to pass.

I like Optikk and want him. I got the sub one on the way but I hope there's enough to go around so I can get a second one. I'm leaving it in Mattel's hands about getting Tytus. If I don't have to fight to get him, I'll go ahead and order. If the white screen stays there and it can't be as smooth as other months where they had the issues resolved, I guess I'll pass.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Me too. And I wasn't even aware of the limited articulation. Maybe we should all "send Mattel a message" that we only want "Classic" figures in the Classics line. He-Ro was in the POGS mini comic, and probably would have eventually been released had the live-action movie not killed the line, so I am okay with that character. But Tytus is just too obscure. However, I'll probably never be able to get the vintage version.

Hmm, kinda surprised about the passes on Tytus...I admit I want the figure, just can't afford him at the moment...

Optikk is a sub, so I get it whether I want it or not (for the record, I do). I've already got Mer-Man and I don't need another. That leaves Tytus, but the problems with him have already been covered: his articulation isn't really impressive, I can't justify $40 for a rotocast figure, and I just don't have that nostalgic connection with the character since I didn't even know he existed until about eight years ago. The character does nothing for me (I'm in the same boat with Gy-Gor), so I have no problem passing on him. Maybe if he comes back around, but since the next three months on MattyCollector are going to be very expensive for me, I need to cut out anything that I'd be getting simply for the sake of being a completest.

Yep! I'm on the fence all right ... whether to get 1 or 2 Mer-Man re-issue figures! I want one to display the vintage toy head but I'm unsure whether I want one to keep MOC on the basis the bio may be the new updated version.

Wish I knew for sure whether or not the cardback bio was updated like the Mattycollector.com site.

Definitely will try to buy Tytus. Optikk for the sub.

Quote Originally Posted by gjm679 View Post
    Me too. And I wasn't even aware of the limited articulation. Maybe we should all "send Mattel a message" that we only want "Classic" figures in the Classics line. He-Ro was in the POGS mini comic, and probably would have eventually been released had the live-action movie not killed the line, so I am okay with that character. But Tytus is just too obscure. However, I'll probably never be able to get the vintage version.
    LMAO!

As if the 'classics in classics line' wasn't tired enough, now folk are using it to discriminate against vintage figures that actually were released. There was a vintage MOTU Tytus figure (I have one in my collection). You cannot get more 'classic' than that! ellol:
    Last edited by Swanmarsh; May 14, 2010 at 11:17pm.

After seeing the review on Tytus. Im prolly gonna pass unless he hangs around til friday. I can get 2 merman instead of him. I dont find Tytus appealing and honestly with the articulation and retarded weapon, hes not exactly a hard pass. If he was $30 bucks, i would have bought him,but 40 is asking too much for him imo. Maybe Megator will be better.

Widget
    I'm usually up for guys I didn't really know about as a kid, such as Optikk or He-Ro or the Green Goddess. But Tytus really leaves me cold. I like MOTU for the crazy-ass weirdos that inhabit Eternia. Buzz-off, Mekanek, Modulok...the weirder the better IMO. I don't "get" Tytus. He's just a normal dude, but big? I'll be saving my money for Megator.

That being said, I hope everyone who wants one gets one. Best of luck to all of you.