Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone still on the fence this month?

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Well I got Optikk and Tytus a couple hours ago and I'm happy with them. I was going to trade/sell off Tytus towards something I would want more (Battle Cat, Wun-Dar, etc...) but when you have him in hand he really is a sight to behold. I'm gonna have to keep him, especially for when Megator is released.

All the pics and talk on here don't do Tytus justice until you are holding the box in your hand. It's definitely worth $40 if you ask me. I could care less about the articulation or lack there of. I'm going to leave him in his box anyways because I like window boxes like that. He's going into my MOTU display case once I clean it out and make room in there.

I don't think I'm going to be "on the fence" next time there are questionable figures for sale. I'm happy I was lucky enough to purchase an Optikk and a Tytus this month.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I'm currently on the fence about Keldor.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I could care less about the articulation or lack there of.
    I'm with you there. I still love the original MOTU toyline even though it hardly featured "Kung-Fu Grip". I don't pose them or play with them so articulation means nothing to me as long as a character can move their head & arms.

I don't think I'm going to be "on the fence" next time there are questionable figures for sale. I'm happy I was lucky enough to purchase an Optikk and a Tytus this month.
    My not getting Tytus was an impulse not-buy. I knew I would probably regret it. It's just that the more boxes of these toys that I get, the more I realize I'm going to have to either find more room or be more selective in what I buy. I might have to track down Tytus now.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I'm currently on the fence about Keldor.
    I'm not a Keldor fan(either him as a character or the idea that Skeletor now has Two-Face's origin) but I have to say he looks pretty good and I liked his bio more than I expected to. I just hope there are more exciting figures coming after August because there have been a bunch of "lackluster" figures that came out in a row imo.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; May 25, 2010 at 07:24pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Except for his size, Tytus reminds me too much of a generic He-Man clone to get excited for him(that's also why I'm not a huge King Grayskull fan).
    Actually that's what I like about Tytus...he has that barbarian look, which is a major attraction for me. Especially with the headband and anime hyper detailed long hair that 200X He-Man can't get.

Well I got Optikk and Tytus a couple hours ago and I'm happy with them. I was going to trade/sell off Tytus towards something I would want more (Battle Cat, Wun-Dar, etc...) but when you have him in hand he really is a sight to behold. I'm gonna have to keep him, especially for when Megator is released.

All the pics and talk on here don't do Tytus justice until you are holding the box in your hand. It's definitely worth $40 if you ask me. I could care less about the articulation or lack there of. I'm going to leave him in his box anyways because I like window boxes like that. He's going into my MOTU display case once I clean it out and make room in there.
    I got Tytus today as well. I agree...the pics online really DO NOT do him justice. Now I can't wait for Megator, Procrustus or the ABC giants from MYP.

I'm not a Keldor fan(either him as a character or the idea that Skeletor now has Two-Face's origin) but I have to say he looks pretty good and I liked his bio more than I expected to. I just hope there are more exciting figures coming after August because there have been a bunch of "lackluster" figures coming out in a row imo.
    I don't mind his origin so much. It's just that I see him as a Skeletor variant, and Battle Armor is the only variant I'm likely to be interested in. I love the MYP stuff but the early days of motu are what resonates with me the most. Unless the 200x stuff is incorporated perfectly into one figure (ie: Moss Man, Whiplash) then I'm not sure I truly desire it. It's like paying $20 for an extra head and a cape.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'm with you there. I still love the original MOTU toyline even though it hardly featured "Kung-Fu Grip". I don't pose them or play with them so articulation means nothing to me as long as a character can move their head & arms.

My not getting Tytus was an impulse not-buy. I knew I would probably regret it. It's just that the more boxes of these toys that I get, the more I realize I'm going to have to either find more room or be more selective in what I buy. I might have to track down Tytus now.
    Yeah, I'm mostly a MOC/MIB collector nowadays. I can't afford to have 2 of each character like I did with the 200x series so Tytus is awesome for me. Love the window boxes. I was unsure about both figures but now that I have them in hand, I'm satisfied. I know I will pass on certain things eventually but I'm glad I didn't on these guys this month. Don't give in to the ridiculous prices on Ebay, wait and see if there's going to be a re-release. I'm even more pumped for a Megator now.

I'm also running out of display space too. I need to get some more shelves or something. I still have my 200x collection taking up a lot of space so I have no real good room for these MOTUC figures which are much better imo. I really need to get into my display case and clean it out and re-arrange things a bit. It's full of 200x chases and exclusives though.

I'm not a Keldor fan(either him as a character or the idea that Skeletor now has Two-Face's origin) but I have to say he looks pretty good and I liked his bio more than I expected to. I just hope there are more exciting figures coming after August because there have been a bunch of "lackluster" figures coming out in a row imo.
    Yeah, even though I just said I wont be on the fence for questionable figures anymore, I'm with you and Whiplash7 on Keldor. I never liked the idea of Keldor really. He's a Skeletor with a different head that I do not like or want. Skeletor to me, is a magical demon from another dimension called Infinita or whatever. There is no Keldor in my MOTU. Why would I want a Skeletor without a skull face? I have so many Skeletor figures from every era and they all have skulls for faces. I think I'm just gonna get a She-Ra and a Faker next month. Hopefully they upped the production like they said they would!

I think there will be definitely some exciting figures coming out. I have a feeling Buzz Off and Man-E-Faces are coming soon. At least one of them. I bet one of those guys are going to be September's figure. It has to be a hero, and it's one of Toyguru's favorites, and he stated that Buzz Off was one of his childhood favorites in the Roast Gooble podcast. [/motu sleuth]

Oh and I know you guys might not be too fond of Count Marzo, but he's hardly "lackluster" imo!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I got Tytus today as well. I agree...the pics online really DO NOT do him justice. Now I can't wait for Megator, Procrustus or the ABC giants from MYP.
    Oh hell yeah. Those MYP Giants are perfect size for this Tytus build. Those are some MYP characters that I really, really want with their big clubs and hammers and stuff. They really do have great designs for giants. I think I just need a Council of Evil.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!