Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone still on the fence this month?

Elder Councilman
    ok, so then does that mean when both figures sell out in less than 5 minutes, people won't be screaming bloody murder that their childhoods were raped, and that "THEY'RE KILLING TEH LIEN!!!!!!!!!!!" this time?

Half of you who say you won't be buying...you so know you will be.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Quote Originally Posted by demonicfirefly View Post
    After seeing the review on Tytus. Im prolly gonna pass unless he hangs around til friday.
    Then that's definitely going to be a pass for you.

Tytus isn't even going to last till Tuesday, never-mind Friday. Heck, it'll be a miracle if he's still available at 12:30 Monday afternoon.

I'm looking forward to both Optikk and Tytus.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    ok, so then does that mean when both figures sell out in less than 5 minutes, people won't be screaming bloody murder that their childhoods were raped, and that "THEY'RE KILLING TEH LIEN!!!!!!!!!!!" this time?

Half of you who say you won't be buying...you so know you will be.
    I wont be if I don't buy them because these guys weren't a part of my childhood collection. Still undecided though...although I am enjoying everyone's comments. Maybe that will help me decide come sale day.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Count me in as one on the fence, not because of Optikk, I kinda have some love to grow for him and is part of the sub.
    Tytus has pretty much all the pain points for me: no nostalgic attachment, no great design, no good points of articulation, the most expensive item of the line so far and no gift coupon as has been done with BC.
    The positive aspects would be that I'd like to have a complete collection and he should look awesome once Megator would be released to put those together.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I wont be if I don't buy them because these guys weren't a part of my childhood collection. Still undecided though...although I am enjoying everyone's comments. Maybe that will help me decide come sale day.
    Yeah, but dude you never seem to scream bloody murder here the way most others seem to.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

you are not along men, me too im waiting for the real classic figures like Man-E-Faces, Mekanek, Kabra Kahn, King Hiss, Cyclone, Stinkor and a large list of etc.

Doing my best Skeletor... Agent John Utah's Avatar
    I've been on the fence since I first saw the pics of him and was quite surprised that TG and 4H are bringing him into the line so early on. The lackluster details and articulation don't help and I'm in the freakier-the-better camp, that's why I like my villains the best. I'm sure Megator will look ten times better and look awesome posed with Tytus so I'm leaning toward getting just one (to open) instead of my usual three (open/MOC/xtra), plus I hate to admit it but I am a completist and have a hard time coming up with characters I wouldn't buy.
    Visit my MotU Magazine Scans Thread>
    ██▓▓▒▒░░ Agent John Utah ░░▒▒▓▓██

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by gjm679 View Post
    Me too. And I wasn't even aware of the limited articulation. Maybe we should all "send Mattel a message" that we only want "Classic" figures in the Classics line. He-Ro was in the POGS mini comic, and probably would have eventually been released had the live-action movie not killed the line, so I am okay with that character. But Tytus is just too obscure. However, I'll probably never be able to get the vintage version.

So, Tytus, who had a figure in the 80's is too obscure, but He-Ro who would have eventually made it into the line is not?
    Strange argument...

Oh and maybe we should not all send such a message - as most collectors want ALL of these figures to be made (the fasts ell-outs speak a very clear language). Only the haters have the loudest voices.

I'm on the fence......about whether it's meatballs with pasta or just plain mac n'cheese for lunch.

Tytus I'm not getting. Poor value and I don't care about him. More for you guys......

Heroic Warrior
    My theory on this is...

They have created optikk and tytus to test the sales waters for NA and POG figures. If they don't do well on sale day, or in other words if they don't sell out super fast they will probably consider not doing anymore of those figures and stick with the first 5 waves of the MOTUC line.

I personally will be saving money this month.

I'm a little less enthusiastic about Tytus than before, due to the not-so-great shoulder articulation. But it's still such a good-looking figure, I'm gonna buy him anyway.

I'm gonna get Optikk as part of the sub, but even if I not, I'd order him in a heartbeat. I wanted a new Optikk figure for the 200X line already, so this is like a little dream come true to me.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Evil Master of Spaghetti Kobra Khan's Avatar
    I'm not on the fence, I want both of them.
    Subscription took care of Optikk for me, but I wanted one anyway because I own the old toy from '89 and I always liked me.
    Same thing for Tytus, I own the old toy since my childhood and I want an updated version of him. I'm afraid of the possibility that he will sell out in a few minutes, but reading so many comments from people that aren't going to buy him gives me some hope.

The sub takes care of Optikk. All I need is 2 x Merman. No desire for a Tytus.

There is no doubt about it I want them both. Optikks are already on their way and I'll try to get Tytus on Monday.

Without very strong nostalgic feelings towards Tytus, I might not want him.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Quote Originally Posted by eternia23 View Post
    Nope, I'm definitely on the "not interested" side of the fence. Glad for those who are into NA/Tytus though! I'm only collecting figures that I have the old skool connection to.
    Same here. The vintage, 82-87 MOTU line for me. I didn't even know of Tytus in Europe until coming to this site.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Since I never had any of the vintage He-man line, I don't have any feelings of nostalgia for Tytus or even Optikk. Haven't even watched NA. But! I want Merman because I know who he is compared to the other two. Actually, I'd really love to have He-Man too...

I'll be buying one Optikk figure and i'll be buying Tytus as well. They weren't a part of my childhood either but for the simple reason of being a completist, i don't think i would have bothered.

I find it humorous that this month has me the most excited with optikk and Tytus, 2 of my most wanted figures for this line.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Optikk...YES!

I'm going to try and get Tytus but not because I'm really interested in him...moreso for the fact that Megator will need to battle with someone his own size!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    This is encouraging...I might actually be able to get a Tytus after all now. Hopefully all of these people passing isn't just internet talk.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    This is encouraging...I might actually be able to get a Tytus after all now. Hopefully all of these people passing isn't just internet talk.
    I hope this is true so I can get one without any problems.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I hope this is true so I can get one without any problems.
    Hate to be a downer but a couple pages of real fans on he-man.org who are undecided or are not getting anything this month isn't going to do anything to help you order anything because there are probably 100 times more scalp-0rs ready to cash in instead.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Going for the fish and the eye... the dude with pituitary gland disorder does not interest me.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Widget
    scalp-0rs
    They really should "make" a Scalp-Or for April fools next year. Sculpt it, mock it up, "release" it but label it sold out and never actually let people have one.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Hate to be a downer but a couple pages of real fans on he-man.org who are undecided or are not getting anything this month isn't going to do anything to help you order anything because there are probably 100 times more scalp-0rs ready to cash in instead.
    Aren't the ones who order 10 figures supposed to be rare?