Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone still on the fence this month?

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Aren't the ones who order 10 figures supposed to be rare?
    I never said anything about anyone ordering 10 figures?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

i'd love to grab em both!and mer-man

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I never said anything about anyone ordering 10 figures?
    No, but you did mention resellers. My apologizes. I generalized. According to Toyguru, they are in the minority. Since I have to go to jury duty on Monday, I hope that Tytus' unpopularity translates into him sticking around until I reach a computer at lunchtime.

If Tytus does sell out in minutes, then you'd be right...just because alot of fans on the .org are on the fence about Tytus doesn't mean everyone else isn't.

It should be taken with a grain of salt, but there's a poll on the matty forum where it's about a 50/50 split between Tytus buyers and non-buyers.
    But I have a feeling the production on both May figures is pretty low, so they'll likely sell out somewhat quickly like all the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    No, but you did mention resellers. My apologizes. I generalized. According to Toyguru, they are in the minority. Since I have to go to jury duty on Monday, I hope that Tytus' unpopularity translates into him sticking around until I reach a computer at lunchtime.

If Tytus does sell out in minutes, then you'd be right...just because alot of fans on the .org are on the fence about Tytus doesn't mean everyone else isn't.
    No reason to apologize, I'm just saying you don't have to buy 10 to be a scalp-0r.

Like I might buy one just to try and use for trade bait since I still need a Battle Cat who is much more important of a character to me. And if I can't trade it for one, I'm sure I can sell it for the money to buy one. Just like how some people buy 2 of everything and sell the extra on ebay to help pay for their collection. That's just as much a scalp-0r as someone who buys 10 if you ask me. Now I don't do that, but I thought about it so I could use the money towards characters I do want like how I mentioned my need of Battle Cat.

I'm sure it will sell out just as fast since there are a lot more people buying these things than just on here it looks like to me.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I was sort of on the fence about Optikk, but the more I've seen the more he's grown on me.

Tytus I'm sort of on the fence on, but will likely still buy him XD
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Heroic Warrior
    With the exception of B.A. He-man, I haven't been able to purchase any figures from mattycollector so I'm used not being able to buy anything. I also don't have ties with either figure. I use to be on the fence about tytus but ultimately decided not to buy him. If you have the money buy both. You can always sell them later if you don't want them. I sold my carded collection to pay for figures I got on ebay that I missed this year. So its nice to have a reserve.

Unfortunately due to a conflict with my work schedule, I'm off the fence since I can't be online for the 45 seconds after noon (eastern) on the 17th. Otherwise I wish I could get Tytus.
    The Portal to the Terrible Dimension of Despondos
    "Either a certified genius or an authentic whacko"

RATTLOR FOR MOTUC!

Expendable Vintage Cherry Picker

I certainly hope all these passes will help those like me nab a Tytus tomorrow morning.

I'm just getting the sub Optik and I'm not going to keep him. I have no attachment to the character and limited funds.

I'm still not totally sold on Tytus. Pixel Dan's review and seeing him next to He-Ro makes me want him a little more, but he's still $40. Of course, since I've saved money by not being able to buy the last couple of month's worth toys, it should sort of cancel out. I'll probably try to get him. Optik is a sure sell. I hope I just get the chance.

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    Optikk is pretty much non-existent in my world, as I'd never heard of NA until a few months ago, so he'll definitely be skipped.

Tytus, although I'd never heard of him either, is kind of a must for me, just cuz I think my Son would have a blast playing with him. Now I just gotta figure out a way to come up with the cash, as my Paypal transfer from my eBay stuff hasn't gone through yet!!
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

I am waiting until midnight So I can order BOTH Tytus and Optikk.....I hope I can get them!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger12PR
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Decided to pass on Optikk. I was trying to like the figure a lot these past few days, but I'm not feeling the $30. Already got Tytus, so I'll just relax tomorrow and order some Spymonkey shields in peace.

I'm still undecided but I'm leaning towards getting a Tytus AND an Optikk. Optikk really isnt that bad for an NA figure the way he's being introduced into MOTU. And Tytus, while a little pricey, I'm gonna need for when Megator comes out. You can't have 1 and not the other. That and I want to support the line as best I can, even though it doesnt matter because everything is so under-produced that they sell out regardless what real fans do with their dollars. And if I miss out ordering it wont be that bad.

And speaking of ebay/scalp-0rs, it's hilarious how many Optikks and Tytus' are up there with false info on their auctions. The one I looked at for instance says "Sold out very quickly. Do not wait on these!" as the first bolded line in their auction. Why blatantly lie into hyping your auction? Sorry, just annoying and had to rant.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I've lucked out. I can still grab Tytus. The hall of justice does allow wireless laptops, so I'm using my mom's. Hopefully, this computer is as good as my work computer.

I'm actually looking forward to getting Tytus. I originally wasn't but he's grown on me. Not sure now I'll display him though as he won't fit on the shelf with the rest of them.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

I am sticking with the carded/boxed collection this time as with all times but I don't thikn I am putting out another 40 to have him standing in with the rest of my loose collection. So it is a pass and buy situation for me. Saves me the money for next month figs. Will be selling off my extra she ra and probably just picking up 1 keldor..not sue on that yet though..he would look cool to have haninging out...that or just to steal the cape and put it on skeletor.
    But I am rambling good luck to all who want what they want
    Last edited by lemure77; May 17, 2010 at 12:51pm. Reason: No idea how that got doubled up..stupid me I guess
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

This will be the first month I won't be attempting to buy from Matty. Non of the figures this month interest me. Will only be the June She-Ra and August's Orko/Adam for me. From the rumours, after Orko, I might not need to buy any figures for the rest of the year.... (Roboto, 200x characters don't interest me)
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

After the last few months I wont try, due to the obvious reasons. Not sure how much I will be collecting this series now that its become near impossible to do so without a sub. Not interested in any of the offerings this month either. Hopefully those who are excited for it can get in and out though!

I didn't realize it when I woke up this morning, but I think I'm done with collecting MOTUC. Up until now, I had 2 of every release, variant, SDCC exclusive, and re-release. I was planning on getting Tytus this morning, but then I thought, I just don't care about him. I also don't care about Optikk, Keldor, Count Marzo, the bios, and whatever other "upgrades" the Four Horsemen like to add onto the vintage designs. I still love the franchise, but after almost 2 years of collecting it, I think I just realized MOTUC is not for me.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I got Tytus! I was so prepared to miss out on him.

Are any of you that were on the fence about Tytus but still got him, happy with him? I purposely didn't buy him last week due to not being very excited about him as well as the increasing lack of room & money due to this line getting so large. While I'm less than ecstatic with some of the other upcoming figures, I forgot about Gygor, Orko, and the eventual Fisto before I considered ending my days of collecting MOTUC. I'm just wondering if I should bother with getting Tytus even though I find him kind of bland based on the pictures online?

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Are any of you that were on the fence about Tytus but still got him, happy with him? I purposely didn't buy him last week due to not being very excited about him as well as the increasing lack of room & money due to this line getting so large. While I'm less than ecstatic with some of the other upcoming figures, I forgot about Gygor, Orko, and the eventual Fisto before I considered ending my days of collecting MOTUC. I'm just wondering if I should bother with getting Tytus even though I find him kind of bland based on the pictures online?
    I'll let you know later on. Should be getting my Tytus and Optikk today according to UPS. I'm still unsure about both of them even though I bought them. Optikk I'm going to keep, Tytus I may try and trade or sell for a more important figure I still need depending on how I feel about him when I see him in person.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I'll let you know later on. Should be getting my Tytus and Optikk today according to UPS. I'm still unsure about both of them even though I bought them. Optikk I'm going to keep, Tytus I may try and trade or sell for a more important figure I still need depending on how I feel about him when I see him in person.
    Except for his size, Tytus reminds me too much of a generic He-Man clone to get excited for him(that's also why I'm not a huge King Grayskull fan).

JOIN THE GROUP...