Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: May 2010 issues with Mattycollector.com/Digital River

May 2010 issues with Mattycollector.com/Digital River

1. I was on at 11:45 waiting for the figures to becomes available.

2. (I have a very fast FIOS connection) - around 11:50 I began refreshing the sale page with all the new items periodically).

3. At 11:57 the figures instantly became available upon my final refresh.

4. I very (very) quickly placed a 1 in the Tytus box and a 1 in the Mer-Man box. Then clicked submit.

5. I was very quickly taken to the next page where both figures were in cart all I had to do was enter the security code for the credit card. This I did swiftly and then clicked submit.

6. After a long series of refreshes (that ended at 12:02) I was taken to the final page where everything was accurate. I clicked proccess order.

7. It flashed processing order for about 2 minutes with the little progress bar at the bottom of the browser progressing SLOWLY.

8. It just stopped and the browswer said done on the bottom bar then all my information dissappeared from the screen (credit card billing etc).

There must be a better way to do this. I signed up for the subscription last year to ensure I wouldn't have to deal with this nonsense... yet here I sit dealing with it month to month. Why even offer the subscription at all? I am constantly having to get these figures from eBay because Matty collector cannot run a competent web store. Seriously... these problems need to be fixed. Research new options, think outside the box or something - LOWER THE LIMITS or take pre-orders. You are just aggravating ALOT of people.

YES! YES! YES! Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar

"Good day for MOTU"? Really?

Yes, Optikk sold out relatively fast. But as has been said several times, Mattel doesn't have the supply to meet the demand. So it's no real surprise. It's not a solid indicator of the viability of NA, PoP, or lesser/background characters. Sellouts are the norm, and they are leaving money on the table every single month when there are so many customers with money in hand that can't buy product.

And Digital River introduced a new method of fail into the equation today-the "Payment Authorization Fail". Several people missed out on the toys because of this. Also, the auto-refresh failure cost several people their toys.

So with these new issues, on top of the existing problems with DR and failure to meet demand, how exactly is it such a "good day for MOTU"? It really seems like more of the same frustration.
    Last edited by Prince Adam's Dad; May 17, 2010 at 12:43pm.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    1. I was on at 11:45 waiting for the figures to becomes available.

2. (I have a very fast FIOS connection) - around 11:50 I began refreshing the sale page with all the new items periodically).

3. At 11:57 the figures instantly became available upon my final refresh.

4. I very (very) quickly placed a 1 in the Tytus box and a 1 in the Mer-Man box. Then clicked submit.

5. I was very quickly taken to the next page where both figures were in cart all I had to do was enter the security code for the credit card. This I did swiftly and then clicked submit.

6. After a long series of refreshes (that ended at 12:02) I was taken to the final page where everything was accurate. I clicked proccess order.

7. It flashed processing order for about 2 minutes with the little progress bar at the bottom of the browser progressing SLOWLY.

8. It just stopped and the browswer said done on the bottom bar then all my information dissappeared from the screen (credit card billing etc).

There must be a better way to do this. I signed up for the subscription last year to ensure I wouldn't have to deal with this nonsense... yet here I sit dealing with it month to month. Why even offer the subscription at all? I am constantly having to get these figures from eBay because Matty collector cannot run a competent web store. Seriously... these problems need to be fixed. Research new options, think outside the box or something - LOWER THE LIMITS or take pre-orders. You are just aggravating ALOT of people.
    This is the same thing that happened to me. Tytus is the first fig that I haved missed, I am going to have to get him off of evil-bay or if any helpful org members would like to help.

Sean79

Sean79

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017
    I agree with you completely. Mattel has got their heads lodged firmly up their backsides in regards to fixing all the issues with ordering these figures. The fact that after 2 YEARS, we're still experiencing the SAME OLD CRAP is absolutely INEXCUSABLE!

As it is, when Man-At-Arms came out, I went ahead and just paid a little more to order 2 from an eBay seller, so I didn't have to deal with the headaches of the MattyCollector site. And now that Count Marzo is finally being released, I'm thinking I'm going to have to do the same with him. Mattel still hasn't learned their lesson in regards to production quantities, and the IT people that maintain the site are quite obviously A JOKE. Yeah, definitely thinking I'm gonna have to turn to EvilBay for my Count Marzo fix.
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

I've said this in a couple of threads, but check your order history. If it says "Order Unsubmitted", call DR, you still have a chance.

UPS is the only bearer of good MOTUC days.

Court Magician
    Honestly I think people should just demand an instore line, it would make the figures less rare, they would have a larger supply, and would be cheaper than 20 bucks.

and they wouldn't sell out in mere minutes and since multiple retailers get them, you're garunteed a restock of the same exact figures. I mean today I went to Toysrus and bought one of the MOTU vs DC twopacks, they had aroun 2 cases worth of them, easily available too.

All is right with the world and rosy in the garden as Matty sells out of everything in less than 10 minutes - again. Not.

I didn't want Tytus so no big deal for me there, but a big, huge freaking deal for those that did and got punted out by this mysterious "payment failed" nonesense. And that Extra Optik I did want? Forgedaboutid.

"Payment failed" - on my Sub card? Really? The one with plenty of credit on it that you renewed succesfully on only 2 days ago? You aren't even TRYING anymore Matty....

And plenty on here wont care as they got theirs, and so did Matty. I can see the comments on the sold-out threads already....

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Devo View Post
    Honestly I think people should just demand an instore line, it would make the figures less rare, they would have a larger supply, and would be cheaper than 20 bucks.

and they wouldn't sell out in mere minutes and since multiple retailers get them, you're garunteed a restock of the same exact figures.
    As fast as the sellouts are, it's highly unlikely that the consumer base is there to support an in-store line.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    As fast as the sellouts are, it's highly unlikely that the consumer base is there to support an in-store line.
    It's apparently good enough that they're releasing more MOTU vs DC twopacks last I heard.

It's apparently good enough that they're releasing more MOTU vs DC twopacks last I heard.
    Because all those are are repaints. No new tooling. Easy money, nearly all profit.

The MOTU v DC 2-packs are a completely different animal than a full brick-and-mortar in-store line.

Heroic Warrior
    I think fans will get tired of these stupid minute sellouts, eventually. When THAT day comes and sales dwindle and plummet, I feel that Mattel will be quick to pull the plug... and to blame the fans for it. As usual.

Minute sellouts are NOT a "good thing". I guess fans who weren't able to buy their figures are smart enough to realise that.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    Because all those are are repaints. No new tooling. Easy money, nearly all profit.
    They're all slight repaints, they're not major repaints. And you know what when most people can't even get the original MOTUC figures from Mattycollector they'll sure as hell scoop up the ones they can get instore.

The MOTU v DC 2-packs are a completely different animal than a full brick-and-mortar in-store line.
    they're a store-exclusive line, nothing unheard of many other collector lines have done the ame thing.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    I've said this in a couple of threads, but check your order history. If it says "Order Unsubmitted", call DR, you still have a chance.
    Doesn't work already tried

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    And, as characters other than He-Man and Skeletor are concerned, the last time we had a retail line, they were *harder* to get than this line is.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Yes, Optikk sold out relatively fast. But as has been said several times, Mattel doesn't have the supply to meet the demand. So it's no real surprise. It's not a solid indicator of the viability of NA, PoP, or lesser/background characters. Sellouts are the norm, and they are leaving money on the table every single month when there are so many customers with money in hand that can't buy product.

And Digital River introduced a new method of fail into the equation today-the "Payment Authorization Fail". Several people missed out on the toys because of this. Also, the auto-refresh failure cost several people their toys.

So with these new issues, on top of the existing problems with DR and failure to meet demand, how exactly is it such a "good day for MOTU"? It really seems like more of the same frustration.
    I agree.This can all be stopped with dropping the max orders to 3 per person under a given isp number when ordering.This way more people will get a chance to buy the figures they want.Until this happens it will be the sos every month.
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

why? the base was there when the 200x line begun, it lost steam because mattel only packed out he-man and skeletor and essentially made the other figures chase figures. see it's this mentality that keeps the line nearly inaccessible, mattel operates as an entity AFRAID to bring the line to full retail because they think oh we don't have a movie/cartoon the line won't have any fans. but you CAN launch a line without entertainment and bring the entertainment from there or vice versa.

the fan base exists and it can always grow if the line is managed right, this online store proves that the base can grow, we've gone from 2 weeks to sell out to 10 minutes and the figures NOW have a higher production than the initial run. this summer production is upped again why because the market for the line has grown. it's part of the product life cycle.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Yes, Optikk sold out relatively fast. But as has been said several times, Mattel doesn't have the supply to meet the demand. So it's no real surprise. It's not a solid indicator of the viability of NA, PoP, or lesser/background characters.
    Of course it is! LOL. Why are people having such trouble with this?

Mattel orders a certain amount based on subscriptions. Then, above and beyond that they order MORE. Now, that's not to say they order the same amount for every figure, but they are CERTAINLY ordering enough to make it worthwhile to them financially!

So if ANY figure sells out in under a half hour... it's a success. The demand for the figure outsold the base number Mattel had set for that figure to be profitable! See!?!!? It's already a success! Even if Optikk isn't as in-demand as Hordak, it doesn't matter because he's MORE IN DEMAND THAN MATTEL ANTICIPATED and he already met (or surpassed!) the profitability line.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar

Bring on the excuses, TG...

"Payment Authorization Failure"

How many of us got that message today?

With fully functioning cards, accounts and internet access, WHY did this happen?

Don't give us that "Digital River screwed the pooch again..." garbage. Tell us how Mattel is going to fix it!

Digital River is a joke. I have no idea how they're still in business.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

southern california...where the weather isn't all that hot...but the girls sure are :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    I think fans will get tired of these stupid minute sellouts, eventually. When THAT day comes and sales dwindle and plummet, I feel that Mattel will be quick to pull the plug... and to blame the fans for it. As usual.

Minute sellouts are NOT a "good thing". I guess fans who weren't able to buy their figures are smart enough to realise that.
    They won't get tired of it...you'll just get people saying "oh well, you're not buying this line anymore? GOOD...more for us to buy" types of messages

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I got that, and I had Tytus in my cart at 9:04. I realize there are a lot of people buying these, but seriously, once someone has it in their cart, they should deduct that from the number available.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

This is so true and their biggest failure IMHO. I can't believe a company the size of Mattel are month after month failing to meet demand and having to turn customers away. Their excuses about increasing production numbers takes time is rubbish as this has been happening since day one and still continues to happen month after month.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

This sucks. I've missed out on the last 3 figures. Evil-Lyn, Optikk, and Tytus, ugh!

Heroic Warrior
    The payment authorization failure was just a new and dumb way to say Tytus was sold out. There were no issues with anyone's cards, but for whatever reason, this is the message we were given instead of just telling us "Tytus now sold out".