Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
Thanks again to him for taking the time to answer these!
Check out his answers to your Round 37 questions!
This round of questions were selected by LORD FALLEN ELDOR,
and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
Thanks to them for their help!
1. radrcks: There have been many problems with the subscription and charging taxes on it. I know Mattel has made efforts to correct this in the past however I noticed a trend. January I wasn't charged tax for Adora, in February I was charged tax for Trap-Jaw, March no tax charged for Moss-Man and now in April I get the conformation for Evil-Lyn and Wun-Dar and I am once again charged tax. Are there any measures in place to fix the continual problem of randomly being charged tax for the figures when we either weren't taxed before, or in my case taxed randomly with no rhyme or reason?
Yes, we know there have been tax issues and a lot of this depends on where you live and in what state and country. We are working through this as best we can to resolve as quickly as possible!
2. MoViEfReAk: Can you confirm that February, 2012 is the official 30th anniversary of MOTU, and are there any chances we could see some Commemorative edition of figures (eg: He-Man or Skeletor 3-packs)? Or maybe something for She-Ra's 30th birthday in 2014?
We don’t have anything specific planned at this point, mostly because we are still working on the 2011 line. We’re sure as we get closer to 2012 plans may come around.
3. Maxgoof: It was confirmed in a recent Q&A that we will see our first Snake Men figure "soon". With that, every major faction will have had at least one figure released except one: Meteorbs. Are Meteorbs something that are planned to be eventually included in MOTUC in some way?
While we do want to eventually get to the Rock People like Stonedar, the Meteorb animals are currently not being given the highest priority over other fully tool’d characters like Cringer or Ram Man, which seem a bit more fan demanded. If we see a ton of demand for these we could definitiely look at getting to them quicker. Right now they just don’t come up that much and we’d prefer to spend our limited resources elsewhere on more requested characters.
And while the meteroids are cool, a little known fact is that they were not originally deigned to be MOTU toys. They were part of another brand acquired by Mattel in the mid eghties and released in MOTU packaging. So while they wound up in the MOTU world, that was not their original design. (but I guess the same could be said for Zoar and Battle Cat who started life as Big Jim toys!)
4. Spectror: May we hope for some Snakemen (eg : Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Rattlor) to come with "hingeable jaws", just like some of them did in the 200x figures, since that is articulation rather than an action-feature?
We tend to leave these choices to the Horsemen. So we’ll just have to wait and see. Really it is up to their creative choice and how they want to interpret the Snake Men in the Classics style.
5. Horde08: There has been a lot of buzz over what the 200x character with a sheild will be for the last of the 2010 figures as stated by you in a previous Q&A session. Will you tell us if you were refering to the reissue King Grayskull whom you have confirmed will come out, or were you refering to a completley different character that has yet to be announced from the 200x era who will come with a shield?
Now that would be telling, wouldn’t it? Don’t you think we “leak” this type of information on purpose to keep you guessing? What we will confirm is King Grayskull’s re-deco re-release in late 2010 will come with at least one new accessory. Other than that, our lips are sealed until SDCC.