Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.37!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.37!

Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to him for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out his answers to your Round 37 questions!

This round of questions were selected by LORD FALLEN ELDOR,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!

-------------------

1. radrcks: There have been many problems with the subscription and charging taxes on it. I know Mattel has made efforts to correct this in the past however I noticed a trend. January I wasn't charged tax for Adora, in February I was charged tax for Trap-Jaw, March no tax charged for Moss-Man and now in April I get the conformation for Evil-Lyn and Wun-Dar and I am once again charged tax. Are there any measures in place to fix the continual problem of randomly being charged tax for the figures when we either weren't taxed before, or in my case taxed randomly with no rhyme or reason?

Yes, we know there have been tax issues and a lot of this depends on where you live and in what state and country. We are working through this as best we can to resolve as quickly as possible!

2. MoViEfReAk: Can you confirm that February, 2012 is the official 30th anniversary of MOTU, and are there any chances we could see some Commemorative edition of figures (eg: He-Man or Skeletor 3-packs)? Or maybe something for She-Ra's 30th birthday in 2014?

We don’t have anything specific planned at this point, mostly because we are still working on the 2011 line. We’re sure as we get closer to 2012 plans may come around.

3. Maxgoof: It was confirmed in a recent Q&A that we will see our first Snake Men figure "soon". With that, every major faction will have had at least one figure released except one: Meteorbs. Are Meteorbs something that are planned to be eventually included in MOTUC in some way?

While we do want to eventually get to the Rock People like Stonedar, the Meteorb animals are currently not being given the highest priority over other fully tool’d characters like Cringer or Ram Man, which seem a bit more fan demanded. If we see a ton of demand for these we could definitiely look at getting to them quicker. Right now they just don’t come up that much and we’d prefer to spend our limited resources elsewhere on more requested characters.

And while the meteroids are cool, a little known fact is that they were not originally deigned to be MOTU toys. They were part of another brand acquired by Mattel in the mid eghties and released in MOTU packaging. So while they wound up in the MOTU world, that was not their original design. (but I guess the same could be said for Zoar and Battle Cat who started life as Big Jim toys!)

4. Spectror: May we hope for some Snakemen (eg : Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Rattlor) to come with "hingeable jaws", just like some of them did in the 200x figures, since that is articulation rather than an action-feature?

We tend to leave these choices to the Horsemen. So we’ll just have to wait and see. Really it is up to their creative choice and how they want to interpret the Snake Men in the Classics style.

5. Horde08: There has been a lot of buzz over what the 200x character with a sheild will be for the last of the 2010 figures as stated by you in a previous Q&A session. Will you tell us if you were refering to the reissue King Grayskull whom you have confirmed will come out, or were you refering to a completley different character that has yet to be announced from the 200x era who will come with a shield?

Now that would be telling, wouldn’t it? Don’t you think we “leak” this type of information on purpose to keep you guessing? What we will confirm is King Grayskull’s re-deco re-release in late 2010 will come with at least one new accessory. Other than that, our lips are sealed until SDCC.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 39!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 21.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 22.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 23.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 24.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 25.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 26.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 27.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 28.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 29.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 30.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 31.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 32.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 33.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 34.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 35.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 36.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 37 questions!

I'd like to see the Meteorbs eventually.

I'd like to see Stonedar and Rokkon each have a Meteorb as an accessary.

So Mattel's lips are sealed regarding whether that 200X character is King G or not when He-Man.org asks about it ... but when another site asks the same question in their Q&A, Mattel's lips aren't sealed and they'll answer the question for them? Interesting.
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Most probably they just misread the question as "Who will come with a shield?". I don't think it's meant as a means to discriminate He-Man.org.

And it's obvious it's CHIEF CARNIVUS anyway. Interesting that at some point in the question about the Meteorbs they started calling them Meteroids. Actually this latter name sounds better (even though it was 99% just a typo). I agree that characters like the Meteorbs or Rotar should be left out (at least until we get all the core characters). The Meteorbs would require all new tooling and they would necessarily have to make them transformable, otherwise they won't make sense at all.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I want to see Meteorbs, even in limited articulated form (non transformable).
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    So Mattel's lips are sealed regarding whether that 200X character is King G or not when He-Man.org asks about it ... but when another site asks the same question in their Q&A, Mattel's lips aren't sealed and they'll answer the question for them? Interesting.
    I thought the exact same thing. Unless they think people don't check in on other sites for answers, it appears that Mattel is having different individuals answering these questions

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I truly hope the Meteorbs are at the very end of this line. I will pick them up regardless to have a complete collection, but really could care less about them. In my mind, they just do not fit in with MOTU. It makes total sense that they were made for another line and put into MOTU packaging. If not for the MOTU packaging, they would have been major peg warmers. I'm really glad to see that Mattel is observant enough to know that the vast majority of MOTU fans would prefer Rammy or Cringer over these second rate Transformer's toys!!

Uhh what does the fact that I get charged tax every other month have to do with where I live? It's highly unlikely that Matty would have a physical store/location in my state that only exists every other month...

I do want a Snakeman faction figure soon and a 'Galactic Guardian/Protector' they're the only unrepresented factions so far. I can take or leave the Rock people, plus is 2/3 really worth of a 'faction' title? The Meteorbs I can take or leave, I'd rather leave them though.
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

I had left the vintage line by the time the Meteorbs came out, but there's something really charming about them & also really 80's(they look like animal Gobots). I want the Rock People first, but, while I may be one of the few, I definitely want the Meteorbs!
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

As cool ad Carnivus is, I'm surprised he's getting any kind of treatment so soon- he was only ever a bit-part character in the MYP series...

I also have no desire to see the Meteorbs- never liked them and the fact they were originally designed for another line makes perfect sense. They don't fit into my MOTU world.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

I bet the 4 Horsemen could make the Meteorbs cool ... but I want the Rock People first. I'd even be happy with a few new Rock People (definitely Granita or female Rock Warrior) before the Meteorbs.

Meteorbs never felt like MOTU to me, more like generic Transformers. I'm glad to see that Mattel understands that Ram Man and Cringer are more important. Especially Cringer!
    A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/

Meteorbs are dead last in the list of things I want for this line. Nice to hear TG mentioning Cringer!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Warrior
    Yay my question was selected! Not the answer i was looking for but it was answered in another Q&A so im happy
    "A Race 2 What And Where We Going?
    We In The Same Boat
    But Eye'M The Only One Rowin
    Last Time Eye Checked U Were Sleepin'
    …but U Can Call Me A Dreamer 2"

I'd definitely be up for some Meteorbs as pack-ins with certain figures!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'd like to see the Meteorbs eventually.
    I would too! I think they're the best of the final few figures from the line back in the 80s.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    Uhh what does the fact that I get charged tax every other month have to do with where I live? It's highly unlikely that Matty would have a physical store/location in my state that only exists every other month...
    Matty said they need to look into why people are being charged tax incorrectly at times. But... he is also pointing out that they do need to collect tax in some states. I think he's trying to get you to keep in mind that, once the issue is resolved, it might not be the way you like (i.e. that you'll get charged tax EVERY month, not every other or no month).
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Matty said they need to look into why people are being charged tax incorrectly at times. But... he is also pointing out that they do need to collect tax in some states. I think he's trying to get you to keep in mind that, once the issue is resolved, it might not be the way you like (i.e. that you'll get charged tax EVERY month, not every other or no month).
    I know, but it's still a weird generic answer I think. I wouldn't mind the taxing, if it wasn't so random half the time I'm taxed, half I'm not.
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

It looks like Ram Man is in the works from the tone!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Nothing too Earth shattering, but I appreciate him coming here to answer the questions.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    It looks like Ram Man is in the works from the tone!
    Well, yeah, but we knew that they'd get to him in the end anyway, and that's all they're saying given that they ALSO mention Cringer in the same breath, and earlier this very month, they said Cringer was still a while away.

I hope they do some commemorative figures like the 2001 versions.

Those were pretty nice.

or how about some 30th Anniversary Classics versions with slight repaints like -

He-Man / Battle Cat 2-Pack

Skeletor/ Panthor 2-Pack

some main character catch-up 5-packs like -

He-Man, Stratos, Teela, Man-at Arms, Moss Man

Skeletor, Beast Man, Tri-Klops, Trap-Jaw, Evil-Lyn

or a fan vote for the a "Top 5" 5-pack

Just throwin some stuff out there
    yeaaaahh ..... but then that happened...

THESE TRADERS HAVE THE POWER !!! - Thanks guys!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    The Meteorbs aren't so big on these boards. I guess Mattel's attitude toward them is reflected by the number of Meteorb threads on the forums. It's a good call, at least until Ram Man and Cringer come out.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by gofigure View Post
    I hope they do some commemorative figures like the 2001 versions.

Those were pretty nice.

or how about some 30th Anniversary Classics versions with slight repaints like -

He-Man / Battle Cat 2-Pack

Skeletor/ Panthor 2-Pack

some main character catch-up 5-packs like -

He-Man, Stratos, Teela, Man-at Arms, Moss Man

Skeletor, Beast Man, Tri-Klops, Trap-Jaw, Evil-Lyn

or a fan vote for the a "Top 5" 5-pack

Just throwin some stuff out there
    We all know they still have the 200x molds. So when I asked that question I meant Three-Packs with one He-Man from every era or a Skeletor or Man-At-Arms and so on...