Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: has anyones minds changed about club eternia?

has anyones minds changed about club eternia?

I said I would never buy club eternia becuase I don't really like all the 200x and pop figures, but after an hour of my time today, mattycollector errors, and missing my first figure she-ra and having to pay a little more on the aftermarket I am starting to think matty has suckered me in. I won't have to rush to the computer on sale dates, I can sell the figures I don't want, and I will have the club exclusive figure to keep or sell for a profit. Seems like the pro's are out weghing the bad. Now only if there were other incentives like the battle cat coupon. Maybe a coupon for an item not included like a weapon pack. Dang I think matty got me.

I was always going to buy the subscription but I was against All In because I wanted to buy 4 multiples of the regular monthly figures. Now I am starting to change my mind considering how tough it is to get these and will just settle for buying 2 subs inclusive of beasts and bonuses for next year.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

I'm definitely getting a subscription! Even though i got all that i wanted today,I generally hate the rush and stress it involves buying the figs each month.

Although generally overall speaking this month wasn't too bad for me, I got what I wanted in a short space of time etc...I'm still thinking the less hassle of the Sub would be a winner for me.
    MOST WANTED MOTUC FIGURES : MELAKTHA MADAME RAZZ FILMATION HORDAK PEEKABLUE MERMISTA QUEEN ANGELLA LIZARD MAN PERFUMA EVILSEED DREE ELLE VULTAK
    HUNGA SWEETBEE RED KNIGHT GENERAL SUNDAR GWILDOR SAUROD LOO-KEE FLUTTERINA SPINERELLA CATRA CAT FORM FILMATION SKELETOR

I'm getting one next year now that it's all-in. I didn't get the 2010 figure only because I didn't want to pay a ton in shipping charges for bonus figures.... and they really made it seem like the bonus figures would be more regular than just quarterly when they were selling the subs last time.

As you can tell from my sig, I'm against the All-In sub. My reasoning is that I have 2 subs......one to open, one to leave MOC. With my son being born this March, I'm basically going to give him the MOC collection when he's old enough to take care of his toys and will let him decide whether to open or leave them in the package.

The reason I don't like the All-In sub is because of two reasons:

1.) The "bonus" figures. The only variants of characters that I like are BA He-Man and Skeletor. I'll also settle for the 200x variant outfits/different looks like Sorceress or Evil Lyn. I, however, do not want any other variants that appeared in the vintage line like Thunder Punch, Terror Claws, Buzzsaw, etc. The all-in sub is the way Matty is going to sell those variants, that may see less sales if everyone was optioned to purchase.

2.) The beasts. A possible month with a $60 beast X 2 + subscription figure = a very expensive month. There may be times I can only afford one.

So, what is going to happen is.......Yes, I'm going to get a subscription.....but I am only going to get one and Matty is going to lose out on one of my subscriptions. I look at it as sort of giving in, but not giving Matty the full advantage. Had Mattel done the easy solution of making these figures easily available.....all I'm asking for is 1 full day........then they would probably make more money off of me.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

The more this happens each month is the less appealing it is for me to get multiples. I got the first sub and this years, and I was already going to get next year's. I was thinking about getting 2 subs though for next year. I only want 2 of certain characters. I feel that so many people are getting subs though that Ebay will be flooded. That would be against me to be able to sell off my extras, but it should be in my favor to get the extras of the ones I want without paying a ton of money. I'll just stick to my 1 sub and try and fish out the extras I want as I'm doing this year.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

I love the entire MOTUverse, so the all in sub is the most wonderful thing I could imagine & I'm definately signing up!

I got the sub because of how horrible the site is, but also because I just love the heck outa these toys. Since I'm not a completeist for any line, I figured it would be okay for at least one line in my lifetime. I mean, what the heck, why not? It's one of my top favorites. I only want one of each, so that's covered, and I highly doubt there's gona be anything I don't want.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Nope, no sub for me...it's just not worth it.

Elder Councilman
    no, my opinion hasn't changed at all....

I'm totally jumping on that sub as soon as it's offered next month!

I know many people who complain about the problems of Matty every month said they refuse to join the sub based on principle; to which I must then inquire:

you're on the website the 15th of every month( or whichever day the sale is held); what "principles" are you referring to?
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

I had thought about not doing it cause of the cost but the more I keep thinking about it and the hell of the 15th. I come up with you better do it dummy or else you will regret it. So I think I am going to listen to my other side and just get 2 subs as always.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

I will be getting the All-in Sub. I think it is an awesome idea. I will only have to beat the WSOD for SDCC exclusives, Stands and Weapons Packs.

Plus, with they way things have been going recently, the sub figures will be shipped out earlier that the release date

im glad they are going to be doing an all in sub, i love all eras of MOTU equally, and cant wait to see what the 4h have in store for us!

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by vadersfist View Post
    I had thought about not doing it cause of the cost but the more I keep thinking about it and the hell of the 15th. I come up with you better do it dummy or else you will regret it. So I think I am going to listen to my other side and just get 2 subs as always.
    dude, here's another way to look at it: people will be forking over the clams for the figures whether they buy the sub or not; they say they won't, but you know they will.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Quote Originally Posted by Artistix View Post
    I love the entire MOTUverse, so the all in sub is the most wonderful thing I could imagine & I'm definately signing up!
    Couldn't have said it better myself!
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

The all-in subscription, next year I mean, is going to make being a collector much easier. The only thing it doesn't cover is the weapons packs and the re-releases.

I'm loving my two subscriptions.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Artistix View Post
    This guy said it all for me. SOme people don't like to read it, but there are hardcore fans and then there's tourist. The sub is for the hardcore fans who can afford it. If you can't cough up the money, then you got other problems than just trying to log on and buying a piece of plastic.

This is what it really is, but it's the value we put in them that makes it important. To me, these figures are worth it. I practically gave up toy collecting just to focus on these figures. With the exception of THE CLONE WARS, this is all I'm collecting and I used to be famous for having one of the most extensive Batman action figure collections on the web.

I'm proud to say I'M ALL IN.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

YES! YES! YES! Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Some people don't like to read it, but there are hardcore fans and then there's tourist. The sub is for the hardcore fans who can afford it. If you can't cough up the money, then you got other problems than just trying to log on and buying a piece of plastic.
    Initially, I kind of agreed with what I thought the sentiment of this post was. Then I re-read it and am kind of insulted. The answer from the Matty Apologists has always been "buy a sub and don't worry on the 15th". Well, that does, in fact, work like a champ for the "hardcore" fan. But to intimate that anyone who doesn't want every single figure released somehow 'less' of a fan who 'has other problems' is remarkably short-sighted. I grew up with this line. Loved they toys. Loved the show. Read the storybooks. Hell, I had the He-Man toothbrush holder. My kids are asleep on 200X sheets as I type this.

I couldn't give a rat's fuzzy butt about Flutterina. This somehow makes me a 'tourist'? That's just arrogant.

And for the record, as I mentioned in another thread, I was even considering the sub. And selling the Bows and Slush-Heads of the sub to someone who would appreciate them while I kept the Clamp Champs and Ram-Mans for myself. But after the continuing atrocious handling of basically everything customer service-related and how little it shows Mattel is concerned about the people forking over the cash, I am renewed in my refusal to buy a sub. If Mattel insists on letting this shoddy, broken system remain in place, I can promise you that I will NOT sell their stock for them.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Initially, I kind of agreed with what I thought the sentiment of this post was. Then I re-read it and am kind of insulted.
    haha, It's actually pretty funny. I've been called not a "real fan" before on here, and tourist is even funnier. I might even finally come up with one of those user titles based on that.

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I practically gave up toy collecting just to focus on these figures. With the exception of THE CLONE WARS, this is all I'm collecting and I used to be famous for having one of the most extensive Batman action figure collections on the web.
    Like, wow, dude. You gave up toys for other toys. What a sacrifice!
    I gave up nothing. Aren't I awesome?

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I still plan to get 3 of them. No changin my mind!!!! LONG LIVE MOTUC's!!!!

Yeah, I have to say it's unfair to call people tourists just because they don't want every figure. I say that as someone who DOES want every figure. Setting up these false dichotomies is tiresome. We're all fans - no matter how many figures we want or can afford. And frankly the sub IS an investment that not everyone can make. Some people can afford $30 every couple of months or so but can't afford it EVERY month, let alone $60 - $70 a month when the beasts come around!

Quote Originally Posted by ByThePowerOf... View Post
    I can sell the figures I don't want, and I will have the club exclusive figure to keep or sell for a profit.
    Therein lies the main source of my apprehension. What if the bubble bursts? What if I find myself selling the unwanted figures at a loss? What if the line take a turn in a direction I don't like and I'm stuck with a monthly chore of unloading these things?

I'm still thinking it over, though.
    -"You want me to drive?!!"
    -"Hey, it's the 80's!"

Not really but I have mixed feelings though. As I've said before cause the cost is going to be $$$$$$
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Quote Originally Posted by CobraKaiDojo View Post
    Therein lies the main source of my apprehension. What if the bubble bursts? What if I find myself selling the unwanted figures at a loss? What if the line take a turn in a direction I don't like and I'm stuck with a monthly chore of unloading these things?

Well that's the thing, all of these "fans" that have jumped on board will be buying up multiples so they can hit Ebay. The subscription is very well known at this point that it's coming so all the people that are sitting on the site buying multiple groups of 10 will buy that many subscriptions. It'll be enough Masters of the Universe figures to fill a lake if things go the way I figure they will. So that's why I won't get more than 1 subscription. I highly doubt it would be easy to sell off the extras. 1 sub is enough and for the figures I don't want, they can be made into somebody else or be bathroom decor.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Quote Originally Posted by CobraKaiDojo View Post

Ok, well here is a few ways I reasoned this same problem in my head.

A.) try the subscription for just ONE year. The chances are the majority of the figures and beasts next year I will want to keep, and the ones I don't well if I even break even or lose a couple dollars here and there, well It was a learning lesson not to buy the subscription the following. At the same time I would save myself time and hassle. Think about being at the computer for say an hour every month times 12 months. That is about 12 hours or your time and worries. Think if you worked an extra 12 hour shift at work... how much money would you make? more than you would lose by selling a couple figure you didn't want for a loss IF that even happens.

B.) This ALL comes down to production numbers. How high will Mattel go with production on figures. They CLAIMED to up production with She-Ra, but really? This was the first figure I MISSED (I got moss man, tytus, evil lynn, etc.) and they claimed this figure was going to have the new production numbers. So does that mean the rest of 2010 will have the same numbers? Toy Guru stated they need like 5-7 months in advance to change production if I recall. So does that mean next year will have similar production?

C.) The fact is Mattel WANTS to make this a SUBSCRIPTION line. If they raise production enough on the non subscription batch of figures that goes on sale every month and there are long sell out times then people will less likely buy a subscription, and with the line staged to go 5-6 years they definately want high subscription numbers each year. So bottom line, I still think it will be rough to get figures next year since they have an equation right now that is working for them very well. Why change it?
    Last edited by ByThePowerOf...; June 16, 2010 at 01:46am.