Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Scott 'Toyguru' Neitlich on Masters of the Universe Chronicles

Good interview!

Toyguru mentioned talking about the TRU MOTU/DC 2-packs and Australia. Woot woot!

And possibly new TRU 2-paks next year providing hopefully opportunities for extra fan demand repaints.

200 figures? This sounds like it could include core FILMation characters.

Does anyone think TG's comment about re-packing a Keldor only figure on card with a movie line of figures may be a hint that the movie storyline will reflect the MYP storyline with the Keldor/Randor conflict of 20 years ago?

Is TG's mention of Buzz Off good news for our favorite spy in the sky but bad news for Clawful - the latest 'hostage' figure and Whiplash parts sharer?

Excellent work Chris! Really interesting listening. Scott seems like a really good guy who knows how to represent the fans' interests and is equally an excellent businessman by mapping the line with A-D list characters for the next few years. I am definitely glad he's at the helm- Scott, I salute you!

I'm pretty sure Sweet Bee is on her way- why else would she get so much exposure recently??! I really wasn't expecting Butthead (great character) or Nocturna (possibly one of the characters we know the least about) to get a mention. Also pleased about Catra, Marlena and Spikor getting heads-up- the future of this line is bright!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Warrior
    Well, from what was told in that podcast interview, it seems like we'll get Marlena, Spikor and Buzz-Off quite soon ! Maybe we'll see some of them at SDCC. Buzz-Off was a given, since he shares parts with Whiplash, but still, it's a great news.

Quote Originally Posted by danvin View Post
    tg said "you're going to see characters that no one expected and one that everyone has been waiting for."

my interpretation: shadow weaver!!!

just look at adora, orko, battle cat (100% filmation)- i bet they already have bought the filmation rights. They could make so much money with it!
    i could only hope!!!!!!
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Shadow weaver would be great!
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Heb 11:1 (NIV)

TG said "you're going to see characters that no one expected and ONE that everyone has been waiting for."

my interpretation: SHADOW WEAVER!!!

just look at Adora, Orko, Battle Cat (100% Filmation)- I bet they already have bought the Filmation rights. they could make so much money with it!
    Could it be Spikor? I am downloading the podcast now...

Masters Chronicles Host! Vinto-Man's Avatar
    Thank you all for listening and commentating on the interview! i hope to have him on again at some stage!
    Masters of the Universe Chronicles Podcast!

To listen to any show click here

To join the facebook page click here

To subscribe via Itunes click here

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Thanks for talking about the "Fig-ers" with TG.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Thanks for talking about the "Fig-ers" with TG.

That's one of the best things about listening to Vint's podcasts: his accent!! I love it

Although, My name is Brian Rooney, so I'm basically completely biased to things from Eire.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

thats what im born with. sounding like this......potato! happens every so often

Evil master of... stuff. He-Lurker's Avatar
    I tried to listen, but the audio was recorded so poorly I gave up.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    That was a good interview. Really long too! That was really nice of TG. I know a lot of people only give up 5-10 minutes to do an interview, so it was fantastic Vinto-Man got to ask all his questions.

Thanks for sharing!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Central Coast. Down Under. Southside Hell!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Good interview!

Toyguru mentioned talking about the TRU MOTU/DC 2-packs and Australia. Woot woot!

Woot woot!
    Skelehorde's Org Feedback

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    That was a good interview. Really long too! That was really nice of TG. I know a lot of people only give up 5-10 minutes to do an interview, so it was fantastic Vinto-Man got to ask all his questions.

Thanks for sharing!
    If you think this was a long interview, check out the previous interviews that took place on MOTU Chronicles. The Larry DiTillio episode was like an hour and a half long.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    If you think this was a long interview, check out the previous interviews that took place on MOTU Chronicles. The Larry DiTillio episode was like an hour and a half long.

Maybe I should start listening to more of these Chronicles...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Thanks for that Count Marzo - yeah Larrys was about that time as was Dean Stefan's. I have another (almost hour mark) one coming up soon so stay tuned for that!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Lurker View Post
    I tried to listen, but the audio was recorded so poorly I gave up.
    That's odd. It was totally clear for me. Maybe your internet connection was messed up or your speakers were dusty or something?
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    That's odd. It was totally clear for me. Maybe your internet connection was messed up or your speakers were dusty or something?
    I think I *kind of* know what he means. The thing is, that was a phone interview. For being a phone interview, that was really good quality.

Also, it could be his computer speakers. My mom has a REALLY hard time listening to anything from my laptop speakers. She says everything sounds sort of tinny and makes her nautious. So...there could be that.

Evil master of... stuff. He-Lurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    No, it wasn't that. I listen using my headphones (the same headphones I just listened to Masters Cast and Roast Gooble Dinner with, with no problems.) Just the quality of the recording was really poor. It maxes out and pops on every other word. The intro is fine, but the actual interview in almost un-listenable. Maybe try investing in a pop filter for your microphone? I'm not trying to be mean or a jerk, just letting you know my experience and provide some feedback.

TG said "you're going to see characters that no one expected and ONE that everyone has been waiting for."

my interpretation: SHADOW WEAVER!!!

just look at Adora, Orko, Battle Cat (100% Filmation)- I bet they already have bought the Filmation rights. they could make so much money with it!
    I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet but that would mean they've been flat out lying about the filmation rights unless they just got them.

My guess would be Ram-Man since I think a lot of people have mentioned wanting him and have complained about the possiblity of having to wait for him until the end of the line.

I just checked it out on my laptop and it sounded great, awesome interview!
    I Didn't Slap You! I High-Fived You In The Face!

I'm on Twitter: ThunderPunchU

Awesome inteview with Toyguru! What an exclusive information about the DC-MOTUC two-packs!!! So you say I should check out the MOTU Chronicles for latest news on MOTUC?

Vinto-Man, you know that TOKYONEVER did a great interview with Rudy Obrero - the guy who did the art-box for early vehicles in the vintage line? But the interview was only in text form. Do you think you can get in touch with TOKYONEVER and Rudy and interview him for Chronicles? That would be great.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I haven't tried listening to anything on my Sony Walkman thing yet. (I boycott things that have a lowercase i in front of them, especially iTunes).

Anyways I listen on my laptop surround sound speakers and it's awesome. I haven't tried any headphones yet. I suppose I should load up all the episodes on my Sony Walkman and go for a long walk.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Thank you all for your comments, good or bad i always love reading them! everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you enjoyed it im very happy!

Great job buddy! I may not be a huge Toy Guru fan, but that interview was excellent! Kudos!

Sallah