Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WIP Alcala inspired Skeletor

Heroic Warrior Evil Lord of Destruction's Avatar
    more pics!
    BESTIA PELUDA!!!!!<Skeletor dubbed in spanish
    At the center of the universe,at the border between the light
    and dark, stands castle greyskull.............

Looks awesome, now please ust get rid of the stupid forearms that make no sense that Mattel insisted on keeping from the vintage line.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by Beeto Bot View Post
    What sort of tutorial would you like? I'm going to post one soon on removing loin clothes.

You're the first one to notice something different about Marzo! I did straighten his hair out but, there is another change if you look at his gauntlets-That isn't his original torso.
    Anything you would be willing to share actually, I've been thinking about attempting some customs of my own so any information would be appreciated. For instance what colors you eventually used to match Skeletor's skin tone and armor so perfectly, exactly what material your using to sculpt onto the existing figure with (Apoxie?), how exactly you straightened Marzo's hair (Heat-gun?), etc...

I'm done for now. I eventually want to add pleats on his back loin cloth. But, that will have to wait for now. I painted a Havok staff to go with him. I'm pretty happy with how he came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Lord of Destruction View Post
    more pics!
    Here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Anything you would be willing to share actually, I've been thinking about attempting some customs of my own so any information would be appreciated. For instance what colors you eventually used to match Skeletor's skin tone and armor so perfectly, exactly what material your using to sculpt onto the existing figure with (Apoxie?), how exactly you straightened Marzo's hair (Heat-gun?), etc...
    Customizing is fun. I use Aves apoxie to sculpt on the detail. I also used some cut up plastic for the bats on the shin guards. The hood was sculpted from scratch with sculpey and then casted, dyed black and painted. I straightened Marzo's hair with hot water. Part of what keeps it straight is that his head lies lower on Tri-Klops' body.
    For painting I used a mixture of Golden Acrylics brand Permanent Violet Dark with a little cobalt violet hue and some titanium white. For the blue skin I used Apple Barrel Carolina Blue, and White with a tiny bit of Createx Airbrush colors transparent yellow.
    Last edited by Beeto Bot; August 21, 2010 at 12:25pm.

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    That looks amazing great work!!! Very impressive, the head and hood look amazing, really digging the mix of yellow and green on the skull and the bat horde symbols on the shin-guards is incredible, that is the best looking skeletor I've ever seen, mad props to you!!!
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

HOLY COW!!!

Now that, is AMAZING!

Great work bud!
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    wow dude that came out really nice!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Almost done. What you have there is very sexy though.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    The custom looks awesome. But I've got a suggestion; you might think about painting the base of the neck the same color as the hood and harness. I think it'd add to the effect.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Quote Originally Posted by Beeto Bot View Post
    Customizing is fun. I use Aves apoxie to sculpt on the detail. I also used some cut up plastic for the bats on the shin guards. The hood was sculpted from scratch with sculpey and then casted, dyed black and painted. I straightened Marzo's hair with hot water. Part of what keeps it straight is that his head lies lower on Tri-Klops' body.
    For painting I used a mixture of Golden Acrylics brand Permanent Violet Dark with a little cobalt violet hue and some titanium white. For the blue skin I used Apple Barrel Carolina Blue, and White with a tiny bit of Createx Airbrush colors transparent yellow.
    Thanks for the info Beeto Bot, it's appreciated. The final figure looks great, excellent work!

Looks so super awesome! I love the mini comic style! Can you make a mold of the legs and head and make copyes of it? I really want this! Mossman and the floks beastmen and stratos looks great but this skeletor is like a dream come true! Ar you planning make other update to other figure?

Fantastic! I especially like how the hang of your hood fills that gap between his head and his collar. Another fitting tribute to Alcala's amazing art!

Heroic Warrior Evil Lord of Destruction's Avatar
    Sweet now with staff!
    BESTIA PELUDA!!!!!<Skeletor dubbed in spanish
    At the center of the universe,at the border between the light
    and dark, stands castle greyskull.............

Other Skeletor Figures Never looked this good

You are truly an artist sir. Finally, viewers are provided a hooded Skeletor, rather than the traditional Skeletor wearing the scarf.

Great work! Mattel, Inc. should let you consult!
    Last edited by Alexxandar; August 24, 2010 at 09:33am.

Wow!
    I don't know how I missed this thread, but this is fantastic!

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    WOW! It looks AWESOME!
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

Simple and effective. Great work!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    That's an amazing custom!
    It's the best and most definitive Skeletor i've seen!!!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    Wow, gotta agree with everyone else here sir... this is some beautiful customizing!! Skeletor has never looked better!!
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

Really cool mods.

The face and hood are way better than the official figure. I think he needs a cape too even though the Alcala one never did have one.

If more MotUC figures were in this vein I might still collect them. Mattel can keep their carbon copy updates of vintage figures.

That is one awesome Skeletor man...
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Court Magician

Eternian Paparazzo prince.nothing's Avatar
    fantastic job. very nicely done.

That Alcala SKeletor is amazing!!!!!

That Alcala SKeletor is amazing!!!!! I remember the first four mini comics when I was kid and always thought that was the coolest looking skeletor.
    Last edited by ZEMOSMAN; July 24, 2011 at 05:53pm. Reason: didn't do it right

Widget
    One of the best customs I've ever seen. I agree with the others if you ever decide to make molds of the hood, faces, shins and feet I would gladly buy a set or two.