Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WIP Alcala inspired Skeletor

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLobster1979 View Post
    Looks great! Any plans on modding the face to give it that broken-toothed, distorted eye-socket Alcala look? or will that be accomplished with the paint?
    As I was scrolling down looking at the pics I was thinking of asking that same question. Thats the part I like most about that version of him, how creepy his face looks.

Excellent work so far man, looking forward to more progress pics along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    where did you get the toes from?

can't wait to see the next.

=)
    I cut the toes off from a spin blade Skeletor I had (I did my part, buying pegwarmers during 200x . I then attached them with a metal rod and glue.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLobster1979 View Post
    Looks great! Any plans on modding the face to give it that broken-toothed, distorted eye-socket Alcala look? or will that be accomplished with the paint?
    Quote Originally Posted by Opticon View Post
    As I was scrolling down looking at the pics I was thinking of asking that same question. Thats the part I like most about that version of him, how creepy his face looks.

Excellent work so far man, looking forward to more progress pics along the way.

I hear what your saying guys. I too have a similar concern. This custom is very much inspired by Alcala's art but, I also want to make something that fits in well with the MOTUC style of figures I already have. I actually like the regular Skeltor head in the hood and think the head ties this custom to the design of the orginal Skeletor figure. I almost kept the three pronged feet too, but I hate the duck feet (sorry 4hm). All that said I also like the strange Alcala head and rather than sculpt something entirely new I thought Scareglow's head would be perfect. I'm currently working on being able to have two face plates that I can swap depending on my mood. I'm not quite ready to show that yet. I have to get it to fit right and I'm not sure it will. I will be painting the scareglow head in the green/ yellow two tone though which is different from the yellow monotone head seen in the comics.

Again thanks for all the kind comments. I should have another update soon.

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Whil i can see why you call this beauty "Alcala inspired" (it's all there) i have to say the hood has a distinct filation look about it.
    I'd buy a cast of this head too!
    Geat work with the putty on the legs as well, very neato.
    Mind if i steal yur idea?

Cool sculpting so far.

And cool photos as well.
    May I ask what camera-model you have?
    DSLR i assume?
    ..:: it rubs the lotion on its skin ::..

THESE COLLECTORS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO DEAL WITH:

Kaleb1974 (5x) ~ Peter (3x) ~ JOAH-MAN (1x) ~ TIRPITZ (8x) ~ rougewelder (1x) ~ Facelessone (12x) ~ King-ironic (1x) ~ boggs32 (2x) ~ onthoofder ~ ess7477 (1x) ~ Sl@yer (8x) ~ 2-packs (7x) ~ Arkangel (2x) ~ PIOSOL (3x) ~ pyrelus (1x) ~ Scare_Glower (1x) ~ mondo (1x) ... Thanks guys!!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Keldor/Skeletor73 View Post
    Whil i can see why you call this beauty "Alcala inspired" (it's all there) i have to say the hood has a distinct filation look about it.
    I'd buy a cast of this head too!
    Geat work with the putty on the legs as well, very neato.
    Mind if i steal yur idea?
    You are not the first to say the hood looks filmation-like. I just tried to make something that looks more like a hood and less like a bonnet. Go right ahead an steal my idea. I'm sure someone thought of it before me anyways

Quote Originally Posted by sathomaso View Post
    Cool sculpting so far.

And cool photos as well.
    May I ask what camera-model you have?
    DSLR i assume?
    Thanks. I have a Nikon D5000. I used a 55-200 lens. For these pictures here I used a 18-55 lens. I had to take a pic with my newest addition Marzo.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    WOW! Awesome!

Probably the last update until I'm finished. I'll make a new post to show the finished product. I need to do some touch up paint and washes. Otherwise it is pretty much done. I casted the hood sculpt, dyed and painted it. I also casted a copy of Scareglows head and made it fit so I can switch face plates with the old Skeletor head. Although I really like Scareglows face. Crits and comments welcome.

Wow awesome!! great job!

Heroic Warrior
    He looks absolutley fantastic! Matty should check this out to see how awesome Skeli could have looked like, while still maintaining the classic look.
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

Heroic Warrior Evil Lord of Destruction's Avatar
    God I want THAT!
    BESTIA PELUDA!!!!!<Skeletor dubbed in spanish
    At the center of the universe,at the border between the light
    and dark, stands castle greyskull.............

The Scareglow face really does amp this figure up! Other than my preference for the TRU armor colors, this figure is pretty much perfect!
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

right-click-save right-click-save

Gawd, I want this Skeletor so badly.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

he looks so menacing!
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

OH MY ****ING....insert whatever here!!!

THAT IS AWESOME!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Matty...make this figure...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

I want to seriously hug you Beeto Bot!

Oh hey....I'll be visiting back home (Muscatine, IA) at the end of Sept. Do you wanna try to get together?
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Wow. wow. wow. wow. wow.

That's perfect. I really hope we get an officially released head that comes close to looking so perfect!
    Rigby the Barbarian - Swords, Sorcery and Sarcasm

Geeze! Fantastic! That's the old demon we came to know in the mini comics. Well done, sir!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I like when fans think they can do better than Mattel. And actually does better than Mattel
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

Heroic Warrior
    Looks really nice, but not all that Alcala-ish to me.

wow, awsome skeletor! great job!

wow. looks awesome. nice work.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    This is what I wanted and expected from the 4HM and Mattel after seeing he-Man a few SDCCs ago. Are you going to sand down the forearms?

Perhaps whenever Mattel make "OO-Lar", they'll make removable shin gurds, new head and feet for an Alcala Skeletor...

http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Ahh crazy nice work Beeto Bot! I love the original mini-comic versions of Skeletor. Your hood sculpt is excellent, It really adds to his overall look. I thought I liked the 8 back monster feet on MOTUC Skeletor, but after seeing this I'd love to have him with the gauntlets and open toed feet. Your sculpting work looks so clean, and you've matched the paints perfectly, here's hoping you'll post some tutorials at some point.

P.S. Did your Count Marzo come like that, or did you straighten out his wind blown hair? I've been thinking of trying it and would love to know your method.

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ryno View Post
    OH MY ****ING....insert whatever here!!!

THAT IS AWESOME!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Matty...make this figure...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

I want to seriously hug you Beeto Bot!

Oh hey....I'll be visiting back home (Muscatine, IA) at the end of Sept. Do you wanna try to get together?
    Lol Ryno. Look for a pm about your visit. We should definitely get together. I think there is another .org person in IA too. No hugs though.

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    This is what I wanted and expected from the 4HM and Mattel after seeing he-Man a few SDCCs ago. Are you going to sand down the forearms?

Perhaps whenever Mattel make "OO-Lar", they'll make removable shin gurds, new head and feet for an Alcala Skeletor...
    I wanted to do new forearms. My original plan was to use Keldor's body and sand down his wrist bands/guantlets. No offense to anyone who likes it but, I think the blue on Keldor is too saturated. So I then decided to use a Skeletor body. If I sculpted new forearms I would have to match the blue from his skin perfectly or it would look funny. Long story--told below-- but, I wasn't able to do a perfect match by my standards so I left his arms as they were.

I was exactly like you. When I first saw the prototype for He-man, before the line was confirmed and his gauntlets were gray, I immediately imagined Alcala's version of Skeletor in 3d as his counterpart. I was actually very very disappointed they didn't take any queues from the original design at all. I love the pic you posted. I want to do a painting of it. I actually had the mini-comic by my side opened to the picture you posted while I sculpted, along with the original toy design and prototype for Skeletor (not Demo-man) which I have in the art book and printed out from online respectively. I even halted my work in hopes that at SDCC they would show they are releasing an Alcala Skeletor but, instead we got Vikor. I'm about to do an 200x Lyn if they keep sitting on that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Ahh crazy nice work Beeto Bot! I love the original mini-comic versions of Skeletor. Your hood sculpt is excellent, It really adds to his overall look. I thought I liked the 8 back monster feet on MOTUC Skeletor, but after seeing this I'd love to have him with the gauntlets and open toed feet. Your sculpting work looks so clean, and you've matched the paints perfectly, here's hoping you'll post some tutorials at some point.

P.S. Did your Count Marzo come like that, or did you straighten out his wind blown hair? I've been thinking of trying it and would love to know your method.
    Lol. The paint matching is a funny story. I went to a paint place called Sherwin Williams with a Skeletor body and a Keldor cape in hopes of getting a paint match. I was a little embarassed and afraid of them thinking I was wierd so I hung around randomly looking at stuff in the hopes of me being the only customer there (which probably made me look crazy and wierd). It never happened so I left and came back 15min before they closed and it was empty. I then asked if they could color match and the guy eventually said no because it wasn't a flat surface. What a dissapointment. So I color matched by eye which was a pain but went pretty well. What sort of tutorial would you like? I'm going to post one soon on removing loin clothes.

You're the first one to notice something different about Marzo! I did straighten his hair out but, there is another change if you look at his gauntlets-That isn't his original torso.

A figure based on my all time favorite MOTU artist's rendition. Just amazing. Great job.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeto Bot View Post
    Lol Ryno. Look for a pm about your visit. We should definitely get together. I think there is another .org person in IA too. No hugs though.
    Word man!

yodafreakmaster is in Ottumwa...and there's a mod (can't quite remember who) that I believe is in either Des Moines or Aimes.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...