Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OK...time to take a moment and reflect on all the GOOD things Mattel is now doing??

Court Magician

OK...time to take a moment and reflect on all the GOOD things Mattel is now doing??

I thought it be cool and proper to have an entire thread devoted to all the good changes that Mattel has appeared to have made given the SDCC news....to give Mattel feedback that we recognize their changes. Here is what I think Mattel is doing better, in no particular order:

1. The price of figures went DOWN! WOW...unheard of in this economy and I never saw this coming from Mattel.
    2. They split all the new subs up into separate ordering. Now if I don't want the 2.0 filmation characters I don't have to buy them.
    3, They alternated the months for the new subs so it won't be as hard on the wallet.
    4. Their character choices are very in tune with what fans have been asking for.
    5. New collectors can now get in on the ground floor with 2.0
    6. FREAKIN THUNDERCATS...and sculpted in the MOTUC likeness so they all fit into the same universe.
    7. SUPER FREAKIN SNAKE MOUNTAIN. Talk about a real vote of confidence in the fans.
    8. Point Dread and a second shot at Teela for all the people who want her.
    9. Revealing the entire line up for all the subs except Thundercats which is understandable. Now Fans know exactly what they are buying.

That is A LOT of changes and for the better. The only thing I think is missing (and I don't want to change this into what Mattel didn't do) is a Horde Trooper troop builder and I am betting that we will see that with General Sunder.

Did I miss anything and what does everyone else think is the best of the best that Mattel is now doing right after what we saw at SDCC??

LOL I just finished saying alot of this.
    (You forgot " new packaging' )

Great minds....

Seriously, its good to see them trying to change it up for the better. EXCITING.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I am honestly very impressed with everything that is happening with Mattel right now. It's a breath of fresh air.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Here here! This is such a wonderful feeling!
    July 2016 can't get here soon enough!

The public attitude and communication from the new team is refreshing. I applaud the positive changes, although I'm not sure why changes weren't made years ago. I hope the new team actually sticks to the product philosophy they presented during the panel of "Treat every item as a Comic-Con Exclusive" and "Products are NOT - Cheap/Sub-Par/Compromised". If that is truly their philosophy I don't understand why they've eliminated articulation on several figures this year with Mara being the most egregious example. I noticed the Despara prototype has the Teela style ankle rockers. I wonder if they'll stick to their philosophy and it will remain on the production figure?

Heroic Warrior
    New team. Better than the old team.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, stratosfear, and Mulletor.

I agree. The new approach is really a turn for the best. I just recalled how Castle Grayskull's marketing was like before. It started as a blueprint and then foam board and then the sale drive before we see the product.

We get the Snake Mountain reveal now without all the foam board bull crap now! And it is a even larger play set than CG!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    They were honest that Snake Mountain may has a size reduction up front. Which I can live with, and I am glad they are being upfront with that.
    July 2016 can't get here soon enough!

The last was likely to happen regardless. I do like the more upfrontness, it's a large reason I subbed to the fan sub for next year. I know all the figures, and even if I am eeh on one or two most I would like.

To be fair it could simply be Mattel has opened up, or even just is more friendly with the new team.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

i think it was excellent. the split sub is an excellent idea. i have several pop and na figs that i never wanted.

Only negatives

each sub has a exclusive fig
    power con figs we will be super high on ebay
    i wish teela wasn't with the play set

I think the new team is going to be great. Even though 2016 holds nothing for me but a Horde Wraith, I love known in advance the whole year line up. It allow me to budget for other toys I want to collect. The smaller more focused themed subs means when they get to characters I want, I'll be more likely to sub. After they exhaust the A-list Filmation figs in 2-3 more waves, that can easily be switched to a 200x line, or a CAC line, or just more awesome one shot cartoon/comic characters. The 2016 line up doesn't benefit me now, but the direction the line is going give me warm fuzzys for the future releases.

The team at Mattel have done a great job here.

Of course, I would have made different character selections but Mattel have found a way to refresh the line to appeal to potential new customers while enabling those of us who were here at the start to keep building up what is the ultimate MOTU collection.

really feeling more confident this style of MOTU design may reach 10 years? How great would that be?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I'm really happy with the improvements made. I like this new team and I am excited for motu future!!

Great job and smart decisions were made.

Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    I like the increased transparency on the figure lineups. I never understood why this wasn't done years ago, it shows that the folks at Mattel have faith in their own product.

The character selection for Collector's choice is very good. There are always characters left out, but I am hopeful that we'll have a lineup in 2017 that will further reduce those ranks. The reduction in cost per figure is a HUGE selling point for me.
    Bring me: Lord Masque / Saurod / Dragstor
    Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.

I am excited for the future. This is more than I could have asked for, especially when six months ago I thought that 2015 was it. Lord Masque is the figure that I needed to make me feel that my collection was complete and he is awesome, as well as is the rest of 2016. I never thought I wanted a Filmation line - until now. Thundercats which is seemless with MOTUC makes me feel like I did when MOTUC was first anounced. I want the line to go as far as it can. I almost feel like a kid again. I cannot say it enough - a cohesive all-encompassing style spanning Classics, Filmation and Thundercats is AMAZING. The only thing that is hurting is my wallet.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    They knew how serious the challenge was
    after these many clumsinesses committed the past few years;
    and they made it well.
    Again, the future sounds like it's never been brighter.

Everything they have done is moving in the right direction...we may still have a few years left to go with these toys!!!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

My only real critique is that the 2.0s are strictly Filmation likenesses meaning they do not fit with most of the line.

Everything else is a huge improvement however. I do not blame Toyguru for the way it was ran before, but i do not see how it magically was no longer a legal issue to show toys a year in advance. The best things next year are Snake Mountain and the Thundercats line.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    i do not see how it magically was no longer a legal issue to show toys a year in advance.
    From my experience working in the corporate world, if you ask legal something one day, they might tell you something different six months later. When the new team came in, new priorities, they likely re-examined the old policies and talked with legal again, and legal gave them a different answer.

I love the transparency. I love that they seem to genuinely care about what we say or want which to me is a breath of fresh air. I love that they give straight answers and not spin when we ask questions. I think the figures have improved as well. They resolved some of our biggest complaints. Finally I love that they are revamping Matty as a whole.

Brandon was very personable and transparent.

I had a great conversation with him on the sales floor about the Thundercats license.
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar
    All it takes is a new person, who really cares about people, and isn't an egomaniac, and this is the result. Sweeping change.
    Looking for a cheap Gygor. Got one?

I'm really enjoying the new positivity right now. It's like a breath of fresh air... wait, no, we're toy collectors. It's like a breath of new-plastic air!

I agree! I love you Mattel!

Next year seems amazing for MOTU! I thought the line would be dying next year but wow. Can't wait for pretty much all of the classics stuff coming.

I was never a Scott hater but things do seem to have changed quickly and drastically for the better since he left.