Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The All-Variant Subscription Speculation Thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The All-Variant Subscription Speculation Thread

Due to all of the various remaining variants from all over the different eras of MOTU, I think that Mattel should make a subsription dedicated to variants/alter egos PERIOD. This is where the POP, 200X, Mini-Comic, New 52 DC Comics, UK Comics, Classicized detailed Filmation, etc. --- all of those alternate looks can be featured in this sub. The fans could get guys like Bounty Hunter Tri-Klops, Disks of Doom/Battle Blade Skeletor, Shower Power Catra, Teela-At-Arms or WMD Roboto here.

Fans can choose exactly what they want to purchase by splitting things up into separate subscriptions.

If you hate variants and only want unique characters, buy Collector's Choice.
    If you're a Filmation fan and want the original characters in Filmation style, buy HATMOTU.
    If you don't like the unique characters that are left over and only want variants, buy the variant sub.
    If you don't like Filmation, but want Classicized unique characters and variants, buy Collector's Choice and the variant sub.
    If you want variants, Filmation looks AND unique characters, buy all of the subs.

Loads of different combinations, depending on the fan.

If the fans who don't like variants don't want them, they won't have to subscribe. They could ignore the variants, altogether.

Keep Collector's Choice (unique characters and no variants) and HATMOTU (cartoon accurate Filmation looks -- but not Classicized -- of previously released characters) as they are.

Discuss!

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

I don't think a mixed era variant sub would do too well. Fans interested in a Movie Skeletor may have no desire for a 200X Teela or mini-comic Tri-Klops and vice versa.

I think the best way to go about it, would be with focused mini-subs like the HM&TMOTU line is doing with FILMation variants.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

The Classics 2.0 sub goes on sale this week. Yes, they went all Filmation for 2016, but the name change suggests it may be open to 2.0s from other eras going forward as well.
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

2 Collectors' Choice. 2 2.0s 5 Beast Men. 3 Camo Khans. 1 Granymyr

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Heroic Warrior
    I wouldn't want an all variant subscription that encompasses everything. They need to keep them separate. Keep HMATMU for filmation he man and she ra cartoon characters. Keep accurate toy vintage variants like merman faker teela rio blast catra she ra it's own thing. Give 87 movie variants theirs. Give 200x variants theirs.

please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    The Classics 2.0 sub goes on sale this week. Yes, they went all Filmation for 2016, but the name change suggests it may be open to 2.0s from other eras going forward as well.
    I would be ok with this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...MOTUmini20.jpg

Due to all of the various remaining variants from all over the different eras of MOTU, I think that Mattel should make a subsription dedicated to variants/alter egos PERIOD. This is where the POP, 200X, Mini-Comic, New 52 DC Comics, UK Comics, Classicized detailed Filmation, etc. --- all of those alternate looks can be featured in this sub. The fans could get guys like Bounty Hunter Tri-Klops, Disks of Doom/Battle Blade Skeletor, Shower Power Catra, Teela-At-Arms or WMD Roboto here.

http://img08.deviantart.net/22ee/i/2..._danbrenus.jpg

Fans can choose exactly what they want to purchase by splitting things up into separate subscriptions.

If you hate variants and only want unique characters, buy Collector's Choice.
    If you're a Filmation fan and want the original characters in Filmation style, buy HATMOTU.
    If you don't like the unique characters that are left over and only want variants, buy the variant sub.
    If you don't like Filmation, but want Classicized unique characters and variants, buy Collector's Choice and the variant sub.
    If you want variants, Filmation looks AND unique characters, buy all of the subs.

Loads of different combinations, depending on the fan.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...6at55729PM.png

If the fans who don't like variants don't want them, they won't have to subscribe. They could ignore the variants, altogether.

Keep Collector's Choice (unique characters and no variants) and HATMOTU (cartoon accurate Filmation looks -- but not Classicized -- of previously released characters) as they are.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/9062...diquwewtj-.jpg

Discuss!
    I would be ok with this too, although I don't know if I would subscribe or just cherry pick. It would depend on the exclusive. I'd really prefer a DC variant line though!

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I don't think a mixed era variant sub would do too well. Fans interested in a Movie Skeletor may have no desire for a 200X Teela or mini-comic Tri-Klops and vice versa.

I think the best way to go about it, would be with focused mini-subs like the HM&TMOTU line is doing with FILMation variants.

That is one way to look at it. But the other, is to take the highest demanded variants from all media/factions and put them into their own subscription like this. I would buy all of those shown in Max's first post because they would make great toys.

One monkey wrench in this, is how MANY movie variants were in the top 35 poll. That is crazy. IT probably needs it's own subscription.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Having a variant sub would be great. Leave Collector's Choice to characters that have never been released!

Variants in Classics style would allow us different looks and second chances at characters.

How about a vintage headed Jitsu with a vac metal removable hand? Or a Fisto?

What about a 200x Prince Adam?

Or a mini-comics Trap-Jaw?

Or a Filmation Tung Lashor to fit with the rest of our MOTUC Snake Men?

Lots of cool possibilities.

Heroic Warrior
    Vintage toy merman
    Vintage toy rio blast
    Vintage toy faker
    Vintage toy jitsu
    Vintage toy teela
    Vintage toy beastman
    Vintage toy catra
    Vintage toy she ra
    Minicomics stratos
    Flocked panthor
    Vintage toy he man

Filmation HMATMU
    Adam
    Astronaut Marlena
    Merman
    Triklops
    Fisto
    Modulok
    Multibot
    Jitsu
    Frosta
    Perfuma
    Roboto
    Mekaneck
    Faker
    Man at arms
    Teela
    Marzo
    Whiplash
    Spikor
    Webstor
    Buzz off
    Tung lashor
    Hordak
    Grizzlor
    Leech
    Mantenna
    Ram man
    Entrapta
    Kobra khan
    She ra
    Catra
    Glimmer
    Angella
    Shadow weaver

87 movie

He man
    Skeletor
    Gold skeletor
    Teela
    Evil lyn
    Beastman
    Man at arms
    Sorceress
    Last edited by degra; October 4, 2015 at 05:15pm.

please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post

I agree with this. I like themed mini subs or multi packs better at this point. There is no way with mixing variants from various era/factions that Mattel can please the majority of the fans. I think it is better to mix in popular variants within themed era/source material mini subs.

While I would definitely support a variants mini-sub, it seems to me certain properties could/should be handled differently. For example, the CC poll demonstrated a surprising support for movie figures. This would be a perfect mini-sub all its own in the 30th anniversary year 2017: Karg (exclusive), He-man, God Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Skeletor, Centurions and Lubic. Of course, if we got those, movie accurate MAA, Teela, Beast-man and Sorceress would eventually need to follow.

Variants I personally think would enhance a sub include mini-comics Tri-Klops and Trap Jaw, 200x Prince Adam, Snake Mekaneck, Snake Teela, toy Catra (a must), Ice Armor He-man and DC/new mini-comic 'future pet' Skeletor. DC Goddess of Serpos Teela also, but she may make the regular CC line.

There are so many viable characters that I do think the CC line should be increased to 12 monthly figures, so we can fit some variants plus unique characters in proportionate numbers.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    There are so many viable characters that I do think the CC line should be increased to 12 monthly figures, so we can fit some variants plus unique characters in proportionate numbers.
    I agree if there was a time to be churning out figures by the boatload now is the time. I hope the HMATMU expands as well beyond seven figures. There are so many characters needing to be done and who knows how much time is left. I'd love if they churned out the quantity of figures as marvel legends did this year. I don't want stuff dragged out for years

There are ALOT of Variants I want

MYP Tri-klops
    MYP King Randor
    MYP Sorceress
    MYP Squeeeze
    MYP Evil-lyn
    Tuvar and Baddhra if the count as a variant

I have been hoping for these variants for a long time. Especially King Randor and Tri-klops. Sure would like to see them one day.
    ABC GIANTS, 200x Evil-lyn, 200x Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Hawke/Delora, Queen Andreeno, Captain Randor, 200x Tri-Klops, 200x Squeeeze head.

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    I'm in for variants. I'd love to see the ones mentioned in the first post - I want some New 52, some movie variants, Alcala, mini-comic, 200X, and vintage toy variants. I don't want any more Filmation, and MegaGearMax's proposed solution would allow me to mix and match what I want.
    Last edited by Salamandra; October 4, 2015 at 08:50pm.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    It's just the subscriptions name it's not the toy lines Name. Club 200x was still MOTUC packaging Collectors Choice is Still going to be MOTUC's Packaging Classics 2.0 is going to be He-Man and The Masters Of The Universe packaging. Don't read too much into the name mattel gave the subscription
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

I could go for dedicated subscriptions, instead of mixed.

The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

I'd be down for a variant sub!

Feb: Ice Armor He-Man
    Apr: NA Mini Comic Sorceress
    Sub Exclusive: 200x Captain Randor
    Jun: Starburst She-Ra
    Aug: Disks of Doom Skeletor
    Oct: Barbarian (vintage) Catra
    Dec: Santa Adam w/ Relay
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    I would love to see guys like:

-Hook 'Em Flogg
    -Ice Armor He-Man
    -Langella Skeletor
    -Starburst She-Ra
    -Disks of Doom Skeletor
    -Lundgren He-Man
    -NA Teela
    and
    -Too Tall Hoove (of course, we still need regular Hoove as well! )
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Off-topic, but I absolutely love the way Tri-Klop ruins romantic moments. I have a feeling he does that a lot, to various couples, all the time.

HATMOTU is a variant sub. I don't think another all-variant sub on top of HATMOTU would sell.
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    HATMOTU is a variant sub. I don't think another all-variant sub on top of HATMOTU would sell.
    I think 200X/MYP could. I don't think 200X sells because of the nostalgia factor, but it does have the factor of being awesome designed figures. 200X and Filmation sell for completely different reasons.

WMD Roboto
    200X Teela
    200X Prince Adam
    200X Evil-Lyn
    MYP Rattlor
    Captain Randor

200X Sorceress as the exclusive

Throw in stuff like 200X Sssqueeze's head and 200X He-Man's pouch belt.

The Blonde Teela Thread

I think 200X/MYP could. I don't think 200X sells because of the nostalgia factor, but it does have the factor of being awesome designed figures. 200X and Filmation sell for completely different reasons.

WMD Roboto
    200X Teela
    200X Prince Adam
    200X Evil-Lyn
    MYP Rattlor
    Captain Randor

200X Sorceress as the exclusive

Throw in stuff like 200X Sssqueeze's head and 200X He-Man's pouch belt.
    MGM you are the authority on 200x, but to my taste, 200x Sssqueeze needs the snakehead hands as much as the new head, as a minimum. Given the number of unique 200x figures remaining, a variant-only 200x sub would be a let down IMO.

Regarding your list, Snake Teela has a good call on a figure as she had one 200x ... and I cannot end this post without a plug for Snake Mekaneck!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    MGM you are the authority on 200x, but to my taste, 200x Sssqueeze needs the snakehead hands as much as the new head, as a minimum. Given the number of unique 200x figures remaining, a variant-only 200x sub would be a let down IMO.
    Jukka and Gbagok give me a run for my money knowledge-wise. I'm just very outspoken!

Unless I'm missing someone, who else unique is needed for 200X besides the ABC Giants, Odiphus and Cursed Marzo?

Captain Miro
    Queen Andreeno
    Oracle
    MYP Hawke
    Illumina
    Skeleton Warrior

After the aforementioned, we're reeeeeally scraping the bottom of the barrel for MYP characters. Aside from variants, that section of MOTU is almost done unique character-wise.

King Taurius???
    Stingrad???
    SorTech???

The Blonde Teela Thread

Heroic Warrior
    In principle I like the idea. My concern is that it's too broad this way. The recent / forthcoming mini subs have followed themes. For me the theme I want to see the most is minicomic variants. 'We' are still hugely under-represented.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    Off-topic, but I absolutely love the way Tri-Klop ruins romantic moments. I have a feeling he does that a lot, to various couples, all the time.
    Yeah, I'd imagine that this would work a lot like a running Robot Chicken gag. Ken and Barbie having an intimate romantic dinner, then Tri-Klops kicks their table over and runs away.

Yeah, that'd work.
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

Join my Official REJEKTOR (created by Jim 'BUBBLOR' Johnston) Facebook page! www.facebook.com/Rejektor

Jukka and Gbagok give me a run for my money knowledge-wise. I'm just very outspoken!

Unless I'm missing someone, who else unique is needed for 200X besides the ABC Giants, Odiphus and Cursed Marzo?

Captain Miro
    Queen Andreeno
    Oracle
    MYP Hawke
    Illumina
    Skeleton Warrior

After the aforementioned, we're reeeeeally scraping the bottom of the barrel for MYP characters. Aside from variants, that section of MOTU is almost done unique character-wise.

King Taurius???
    Stingrad???
    SorTech???
    With the gargoyles that is pretty much a full years worth of unique figures ... plus we need the MVC councils. Tge Eternian Elders have been too long missing from our collections.