Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuskador in MOTUC speculation thread.

Hybrid View

A big fan of Slush Head

Tuskador in MOTUC speculation thread.

Thinking about NA in MOTUC the other day, I realized that Tuskador could be easily made into a MOTUC figure using alot of existing parts. He doesn't need a lot of new tooling. I was playing around with photoshop and put together this quick mock up of a MOTUCized Tuskador.

He is one of the coolest NA figures and one that could look great MOTUCized.

As you will see he shares a lot of parts with Trap Jaw and Optikk.
    He only practically needs a new head and armor.

The armor could be removable like every other MOTUC in the line so far and that would allow us to see his face like in the cartoon when he wasn't using his armor.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Interesting

Are the tusks meant to be part of the character's body or just part of his armor? If the later, what are the tusks used for that would make a fella wear such an armor?

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Interesting

Are the tusks meant to be part of the character's body or just part of his armor? If the later, what are the tusks used for that would make a fella wear such an armor?
    The tusks are only part of his armor, there is a real human being underneath.
    You want to know how he uses those tusks? here is an example for ya:

http://bustatoons.blogspot.com/2006/...-triumphs.html

I'd love to see Tuskador- one of my faves from the NA line. As you say, the armor would need to be a unique sculpt but mostly everything else is reusable- although I'm expecting to see Hydron or Flipshot first for the goodies.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    The tusks are only part of his armor, there is a real human being underneath.
    You want to know how he uses those tusks? here is an example for ya:

http://bustatoons.blogspot.com/2006/...-triumphs.html
    Thanks Mike.

Each to his own but I'd be asking for a more useful suit of armor with offensive capability if I was joining an elite army.

Anyway, very good mock up showing how to recreate the old NA figure into MOTUC style.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Each to his own but I'd be asking for a more useful suit of armor with offensive capability if I was joining an elite army.
    Wait, are you trying to apply logic to character designs in MOTU?

I think that's a great mock-up. I think Tuskador will be a great character for the line some day. He's definitely one of my favorite NA designs.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Tuska who? Like Spectror already mentioned I'd rather have a Snout Spout before this guy.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Well, personally, I must say that I'd prefer to see Snout Spout released way before Tuskador.

In NA, Tuskador is one of my least wanted figures. If Tuskador is made and if he looks exactly like the old NA Tuskador, I shall pass.

I feel the head and armor need to be completely redone. The 4 Horsemen should rethink his look, and make it cooler.

There are figures in NA that I bought as NA characters, accepting the fact that some looked quite lame and would be "canon fodder". HOWEVER, if such figures are released looking equally cheap and lame in MOTUC andn costing more than $20, I won't buy them. It is the case for Tuskador.

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings, Mike, but honestly, Tuskador is a character that needs to be redone and retooled. Personally, I must say that he's not a figure I expect to see soon. I wouldn't be happy to see him produced before Snout Spout.

There are many other figures I expect to see first in the "Galactic Protectors", like Sagitar, the never produced yet Darius, Kayo, Hydron, Spinwit, Flipshot and even Nocturna. But I hope characters such as Artilla, Tuskador and Vizar will be released later on, will be worked on and greatly improved (Artilla's face and general look were really terrible, and that is the kind of mistake and flaw I won't accept with MOTUC).
    Last edited by Spectror; May 22, 2010 at 05:25am.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Well, personally, I must say that I'd prefer to see Snout Spout released way before Tuskador.

In NA, Tuskador is one of my least wanted figures. If Tuskador is made and if he looks exactly like the old NA Tuskador, I shall pass.

I feel the head and armor need to be completely redone. The 4 Horsemen should rethink his look, and make it cooler.

There are figures in NA that I bought as NA characters, accepting the fact that some looked quite lame and would be "canon fodder". HOWEVER, if such figures are released looking equally cheap and lame in MOTUC andn costing more than $20, I won't buy them. It is the case for Tuskador.

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings, Mike, but honestly, Tuskador is a character that needs to be redone and retooled. Personally, I must say that he's not a figure I expect to see soon. I wouldn't be happy to see him produced before Snout Spout.

There are many other figures I expect to see first in the "Galactic Protectors", like Sagitar, the never produced yet Darius, Kayo, Hydron, Spinwit, Flipshot and even Nocturna. But I hope characters such as Artilla, Tuskador and Vizar will be released later on, will be worked on and greatly improved (Artilla's face and general look were really terrible, and that is the kind of mistake and flaw I won't accept with MOTUC).

Not at all man. I just see a lot of potencial in this guy.
    He could be turned into a great figure in the hands of the 4H.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I'd love to see Tuskador- one of my faves from the NA line. As you say, the armor would need to be a unique sculpt but mostly everything else is reusable- although I'm expecting to see Hydron or Flipshot first for the goodies.
    Oh yeah I'd love to see Hydron first. But I just wanted to share this mock up cause it shows that maybe he won't need a lot of tooling.
    And maybe we could see him sooner than we think.

And to be honest I really like this character.

Heroic Warrior
    He could be turned into a great figure in the hands of the 4H.
    Absolutely. But they would need to change the look of the head and armor.

There is also a minor problem : the tusks were part of an action feature. I don't see the need for such cumbersome tusks without a working action feature (and we know there won't be that kind of action feature anyway)... So I wonder what look the 4 Horsemen will give to Tuskador. They might make him look awesome. But if the receive the order from Mattel to make him look as much as possible as the original, I'll pass, that's for sure. Anyway, it will certainly be interesting to see how Tuskador's sculpt will come to life.

Personally, I hope the 4 Horsemen will be able to make great improvements, just like what they did for Snout Spout's face in the Staction line.
    Last edited by Spectror; May 22, 2010 at 05:38am.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Absolutely. But they would need to change the look of the head and armor.

There is also a minor problem : the tusks were part of an action feature. I don't see the need for such cumbersome tusks without a working action feature (and we know there won't be that kind of action feature anyway)... So I wonder what look the 4 Horsemen will give to Tuskador. They might make him look awesome. But if the receive the order from Mattel to make him look as much as possible as the original, I'll pass, that's for sure. Anyway, it will certainly be interesting to see how Tuskador's sculpt will come to life.

Personally, I hope the 4 Horsemen will be able to make great improvements, just like what they did for Snout Spout's face in the Staction line.
    If they were able to make Snout Spout cool I have all the faith in the world they can do the same to Tuskador. Because he is not that ugly if you see him closely. He has a poor sculpt thanks to the time when he was released. He's got a lot going on there.
    He just needs an " attitude" sculpt this time.

I am sure they are not gonna use the bent tusks like the original. They'll probably look more like normal tusks this time.
    Kinda like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I am sure they are not gonna use the bent tusks like the original. They'll probably look more like normal tusks this time.
    Kinda like this:

http://www.cekron.com/archive/images...vory/tusks.jpg
    I don't know, I could see them using the bent shaped tusks from the vintage figure. They were more normal in the cartoon but think their more likely to use the toy tusks over the cartoon ones. But either way I'll be happy to see Tuskador/Insyzor added to the MOTUC line up.

MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Very cool mock-up. This character needs a cool weapon. I hope to see more of your NA character into MOTUC mock ups...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Not one of my top NA characters, but you did a great job on this mock-up, Mike. For the most part I wouldn't mind some of the parts from Trap-Jaw and Kronis being used on him, though I would prefer that Mattel went the extra mile and did something more with his shoulder pieces. A bit too plain for this character, IMO.

I hope the 4h can do there magic on these NA guys. I'd Definately do Snout Spout before Tuskador. Seems like the Original creation of these guys were inspired by M.A.S.K. They're all so boxy and have weird helmets.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar

This is a character I never really cared for. If they do make him, I hope they have it so the the tusks can be removed and held as weapons in his hands. That way, you have a choice in how you want to display him. Probably also easier for packaging.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Wow, that guy is goofy lookin'! Him and Snout Spout are definitely gona be on a "Feeling Sorry For Ourselves" team. Anyway, the mock up looks awesome! I'd certainly be down for an extra weapon, though, or the removable tusks to be used as weapons.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Wow, that guy is goofy lookin'! Him and Snout Spout are definitely gona be on a "Feeling Sorry For Ourselves" team. Anyway, the mock up looks awesome! I'd certainly be down for an extra weapon, though, or the removable tusks to be used as weapons.
    I don't know... if the tusks are part fo the armor.... it's hard to feel sorry for anyone who CHOSES to dress that way....

Great job, Mike! I liked Tuskador in the cartoon a lot, and I can't wait to see how he turns out looking like in the MOTUC line!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

My ideal Tuskador in Classics would come with two sets of tusks. One fairly short, so that he's easier to fit into displays, and one with the long mammoth style tusks he originally had. That'd make everyone happy, I think.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I don't know... if the tusks are part fo the armor.... it's hard to feel sorry for anyone who CHOSES to dress that way....
    Well, in the moral of one of the NA episodes, Tuskador was brushing his tusks with toothbrush/toothpaste.. I think it's safe to say the tusks are a part of this guy.. But it will probably look like it's coming off of the armor on a MOTUC figure.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    Tuskador was brushing his tusks with toothbrush/toothpaste.. I think it's safe to say the tusks are a part of this guy..
    I didn't think I could dislike anyone more than Snout Spout, but knowing this has changed that.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

I tell you man, I never liked Tuskador's design. Actually to be fair, I hated it. But to be really fair he was at least the only really interesting NA Hero beside Sagitar. So he get's a pass for that reason.

I mean, I give Icarius(flipshot) and Hydron a pass because how often they were in teh toon, and they were strongly "Air & Water" and that's cool I guess. But the rest of the heros? Booring. And maybe I'm crazy but the robot always looked like garbage as well, though robots are conceptually cooler than just "dudes".

So though I am in no way excited about or worried about actually getting Tuskador, at least he'd be a notable addition to the line up. I'd rather get him than Vizar & Notcurna & Spinwit (though the cartoon at least gave me a feel for Spinwit) or any other hero I can think of other than Sagitar.

What would he be called thought? Tuskador or Incizor or whatever?

So, I'm going to use this thread to be a little melodramatic .

Now that Mara has won the fan poll at NYCC, I feel like the odds are really stacked against Tuskador ever getting made for this line (and Darius too, for that matter).

First hurdle to make it past is for the 2015 sub to go through, which is no guarantee. We all thought this time last year that 2014 would be a cake walk, and it turned out being just as hard (if not harder) than it was to get the 2013 sub to go through.

Assuming 2015 goes through, still no Tusky for that entire year (as we would have to assume based on the reason for this poll). So that pushes him at the very least to 2016. If Mattel attempts the sub model for 2016, they probably won't use him as "sub bait," so he probably wouldn't be in that protective shell that Q1 2016 figures would be in that they'd still get made if the sub doesn't go through. And if the sub model in 2016 is abandoned, we can likely expect fewer characters released per year. To be fair, I think characters like Lord Masque, Darius, Tuskador, and Illumina should get made first since they were the "miss congeniality" runners-up in the Mr./Ms. Eternia contests . But there is no guarantee of that.

All of which makes me very disappointed and not very hopeful that this guy will get made. Life will go on, but a little less brightly without this figure in my life . Seriously though, I'm bummed that he might not get made but I know it's not as bad as some other characters that will much more certainly never get made. I guess I have to make my concession call to the Mara fans now .

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    So, I'm going to use this thread to be a little melodramatic .

Now that Mara has won the fan poll at NYCC, I feel like the odds are really stacked against Tuskador ever getting made for this line (and Darius too, for that matter).

First hurdle to make it past is for the 2015 sub to go through, which is no guarantee. We all thought this time last year that 2014 would be a cake walk, and it turned out being just as hard (if not harder) than it was to get the 2013 sub to go through.

Assuming 2015 goes through, still no Tusky for that entire year (as we would have to assume based on the reason for this poll). So that pushes him at the very least to 2016. If Mattel attempts the sub model for 2016, they probably won't use him as "sub bait," so he probably wouldn't be in that protective shell that Q1 2016 figures would be in that they'd still get made if the sub doesn't go through. And if the sub model in 2016 is abandoned, we can likely expect fewer characters released per year. To be fair, I think characters like Lord Masque, Darius, Tuskador, and Illumina should get made first since they were the "miss congeniality" runners-up in the Mr./Ms. Eternia contests . But there is no guarantee of that.

All of which makes me very disappointed and not very hopeful that this guy will get made. Life will go on, but a little less brightly without this figure in my life . Seriously though, I'm bummed that he might not get made but I know it's not as bad as some other characters that will much more certainly never get made. I guess I have to make my concession call to the Mara fans now .
    I seriously feel with/for you and before that vote was announced i really thought Mara, Darius and Tuskador were on the new road map for sure along with Flogg, Crita, and at least Lizzor or Staghorn.

i was totally upset when i saw they put those three up against each other because it meant there were't many NA characters scheduled at the first place.

And your idea of runner ups is perfect, i think thats what they should consider. Tuskador had almost as many votes as Mara had so he is wanted, Darius had the prototype so he should get his chance as well. Illumina and Masque were close as well to getting a MOTUC figure so we have at least five figures and im sure in the 200X era are some characters who wont get a figure or we get a new vote for kamikaze or NYTF 2013 and that runner up would make a half year of figures!
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither